Road Trip - Denver - June 21st

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by yossarin, Feb 18, 2008.

1. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Since I have seen interest in this trip and I've already convinced a friend to come along, I want to see who else wants to meet up.

Flights:
    Frontier Airlines - IAH - $195.89 (w tax on Travelocity) - Friday June 20 - June 25 (Similar price exists for other dates)
    SouthWest Airlines - Hobby - 185.50 (w tax on southwest.com) - Friday June 20 - June 25 (Similar price exists for other dates)

Hotels (from hotwire.com)
    4.5 Star Hotel - Downtown Denver - $109/night
    3.0 Star Hotel - Downtown Denver - $49/night
    Other locations - $29/night

Friday Night Itinerary
    Colorado vs NYM (7pm)
    http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

Rockpile tickets (extreme centerfield) ($4)
    U. Rightfield reserved ($10-15)

I would prefer to get better tix like Pavilion behind near homeplate, but definitely all grouped together and Dynamo chanting at the game.

Saturday Night Itinerary
    Dynamo vs Rapids (7:30pm)
    Tailgate at 6pm(?) at stadium

A Saturday morning to afternoon activity would be fun as well. I've yet to research this part yet.

A friend of mine told me about these bars/places to visit:

Denver:
    Cricket on the Hill
    Soiled Dove
    Herman's Hideaway
    15th Street Tavern

Evergreen:
    Little Bear

Boulder:
    Boulder Theatre
    Pearl Street Mall

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great info - thanks!

I'm about 50-50 on this trip right now.

3. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    i am in.. maybe we can get a suite and just get a bunch of people in a large room... and we need car rental or is there a shuttle to the soccer stadium?

Downtown Denver has lots of good bars... we could even drive to the Coors Brewery in Golden..

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds cool. You did a good job. Getting around looks like it would be a problem maybe, I wish every city had a metro like DC (and Houston, in, what, 15 years?).

5. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  6. Travel to Colorado

Good afternoon Houston supporters.

If you are interested in making the trip to Colorado for either match this season and are looking for seats, we have held tickets for away fans this year. Contact the Rapids Front Office at 303.727.3541 or email the away supporter contact Marcus Myrick at mmyrick@dsgpark.com if you are interested.

Tickets are $15 (no fees on top of that)

Thank you.

-Rapids Front Office

7. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Travel to Colorado

Thanks! We have quite a few that are interested in the June 21 game. I'll contact you as it gets closer to the event.

8. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Travel to Colorado

I will likely be at this match.

9. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a one hour tailgate?

10. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    :) sounds great !

11. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There's a chance I'll be up there for this one, but don't know for sure yet. For anyone who's looking at flying, Southwest has pretty cheap flights to Denver so that'd be my suggestion. I've been up there a couple of times this year to visit a friend at DU and Southwest has been my best friend.

Anyways, the light rail system in Denver is awesome. We took it from DU to the Pepsi Center to watch the Nuggets and back and it's really convenient for getting around the metro area. Unfortunately it doesn't go up to Dick's Sporting Goods Park. The drive up to Commerce City from downtown Denver really isn't bad, though, and the stadium is pretty nice. We caught the Rapids/RSL finale last year, and I was fairly impressed with the stadium. I'm gonna try and be there for this game, but my summer is up in the air right now.

12. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was just checking the airline prices and continental just jumped $60 to $270 (286.50 w/ tax) starting that Friday before the game.

Hotwire.com has some good deals $212-240+
    I am thinking of $230 flight that they have listed b/c it isn't too early or too late .

13. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just bought my airline tix on Frontier Airlines from Hotwire for $254. I didn't want to do an early morning or evening flight, but that is available for $212 btw.

My return will be on a non-stop, Frontier Airlines Flight 144, Sun Jun 22 @ 9:55am

--------------
    If anyone is making a vacation out of it PM me, I was thinking about travelling to Colorado Springs Sat -Tues, Tues-Thurs TDB, Thurs - Fri Denver, Sat Golden (Coors Tour) & Dynamo game, Sun departure

14. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recommend you go to Ft. Collins and not Golden. You can go to the New Belgium brewery (Fat Tire and 1554), Odell (90 Shilling) and Anheuser Busch's 2nd biggest brewery.

15. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

how many hours is this trip on bus? (i hate long rides but hanging out w/ you guys would make it real fun so i might be down for the bus trip) and around how much would the price for a ticket on the bus cost (just an estimate)

i think i may be able to go to this one since i cant go to san jose

16. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is the trip would be around 50 bucks a person plus the game ticket if the bus was full. Just a ballpark guess by someone not in charge.

17. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks for the info. Sounds reasonable; I only can guess how long the trip would be… :eek::p

18. mmmm.... im not sure.... 18 hours? more? It gotta be something like that. The price depends on how many people go on the bus, but we are trying to make this bus trip for real. :)

19. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do it, I will help you rip that city to the ground.

20. jamus4545

jamus4545 Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    add 4 more dynamo fans at this game!

21. DocBrass

DocBrass Member

May 26, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the All-Star game at Denver last summer. fun atmosphere. the stadium is between the airport and downtown. parking is/was free. I was surprised they ddin't charge for parking for a big event.

we also made it to Boulder and a few breweries and Great Divide brewery downtown and FallingRock. Flying Dog is probably closed by now. New Belgium is about a hour outside of Denver in Fort Collins.

I recommend going to Left Hand, Avery and Twisted Pine all in Boulder. plan on making it a day for beer.

22. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm planning to going to Colorado Springs on Sunday & Monday to go do a full-day whitewater rafting thing and a half day biking down Pike's Peak. I still need to fill in Tues - Thurs which I'm researching now :D

23. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total Estimated Time: 16.0 hours 39 minutes
    Total Estimated Distance: 1119.21 miles

add on 3-4 hours for rest stops.

20 hour trip...

24. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    A friendly bump.

If anyone is vacationing the week prior to the game, let me know so we can meet up and potentially split expenses.

The brewery crawl sounds like a good idea :)