Road to 2022 - Post Figueroa, Izaguirre, edition.

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by La-H, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Maynor & Izaguirre, in or out for 2022?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2018.
  1. Both In

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Both Out

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Only Iza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only Fig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We need to slap all of those Honduran journalists that were campaigning for him to return just because he was scoring goals with Olimpia.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Couple changes.. El Búho Melendez comes in for Elvin Casildo, meanwhile Luis Palma and Alejandro Reyes get the nod over Carlos Pineda and Rigo Rivas, slotting Edwin Rodriguez together into central mid with Jorge Alvarez.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Halftime: Honduras 1-1 New Zealand

Game opened up with an absolute Wondergol for New Zealand. Honduras dominated back after two missed point blank finishes (One from Benguche y Palma), Luis Palma redeems himself with a powerful header past the Kiwi goalie in first half stoppage time to equal things up.

We're the dominant side so far. I know we can win this game!

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    DALE!!!!!!!!! 3 PUNTOS DE ORO!!! REMONTAMOS Y LO SACAMOS JUGO A LOS KIWI!!!

Chris Wood found the second gol for New Zealand early in the second half, but Honduras dug deep and found their equalizer through supersub, Juan Carlos Obregon, who knocked the ball between the goalies legs and into the goal.. then few minutes later Honduras win the ball back in their half and immediately break through with Rigo Rivas who tucked away the go-ahead gol.

Honduras 3-2 New Zealand

edcalvi and SamKnight repped this.
  5. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Massive result! Ha, Obregon came good, can't knock the guy. Well done to him.

Now do or die in the final match against Korea.

Hopefully Falero has learnt his lessons from those first two games.

SamKnight repped this.
  6. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The amount of clear chances we had was incredible, we could have scored 6 goals.

7. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    All teams in the group have 3 points, and South Korea curb stomped Romania. The Defense is going to have to be tight that next game.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Terrible take. And I told you...

:coffee:

He's done more in 25 minutes than Benguche in one year.

9. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He did good this game but he was ass during Qualification, I was basing that on his past performance. Let the best man win the spot.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He did better than Benguche! He is the best man! He’s at 4 or 5 goals so far on the season for Hartford Athletic.. he’s relentless off the ball and has an infinite better touch than Tronco Benguche! Lmao the only thing he lacks is some awareness infront goal and size but besides that he HAS to be the starting striker or at least some sort of super sub for Douglas Martinez. Benguche is entering Bengtson level of form. I think he needs to return to Olimpia, no lo veo futuro en el extranjero if this is the form he’s showcasing.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Benguche needs hit the pine for the foreseeable future. The attack dies whenever he attempts to shield the ball and hold-up play. He’s on the floor majority of the time he receives the ball. Times his runs poorly and is lost in transition and on top of that is In a goal scoring rut.

What was the point of having overage players if they’re gonna perform like El Toro. Feel bad for Moya.. terrible logistics planning on both fronts by our technical staff. Hopefully this serves as a learning experience going forward into WCQ.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

SamKnight repped this.
  13. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I don't know, minus that win (sufrido) against Panama I feel less optimistic about qualifying then I did going into Copa Oro.

I know we've got the sub 23 guys to add into the mix and all being well they'll push on a bit further. I just feel we left with more questions than answers with that Gold Cup performance.. could just be me?

Not overly keen on sprinkling too many Olympics players in too quickly either.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So expand further on exactly where the pessimism stems from?

I think Gold Cup solidified my stance on us qualify for Qatar... but I wanna hear where your cause for concerns come from.

15. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Love the options up top with Quito reaffirming himself as an option in attack.

I think Deybi and Acosta are really establishing themselves as a viable long term partnership to start in the middle.

Buba is a save pair of hands and a great shot stopper. As I understand there was a bit of debate who'd be number 1 with him and the the Olimpia man.

Here is my concern, our defence and in particular our CB options. At this level the margins can be quite fine so conceding a goal here or there can be the difference between qualifying and not. Unfortunately, I think we'll never be a team that will control the majority of possession, that just doesn't lent to our style so we need to be absolute solid. I just feel without quality and a consistent pairing at the back we'll be undone by leaking silly goals.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Idk.. but having a RB starting at CB, a position he's never played before to such an extent, will always leave a bad taste in your mouth.. I don't think Gold Cup was an indicator of how our defense will look come Qualifying.

Andy Najar at RB, Denil and Pereira at CB and Diegito at LB should be enough to feel safe at the back. Leveron at LB wasn't a bad experiment either.

Felix Crisanto was inactive for a year... I assume him being healthy and playing regular club football should help..

Not to mention the plethora of bodies in Decas, Jose Garcia, Casildo, Melendez and Melendez.. I think at the very least our defense should be decent enough to be able grind out results away.

SamKnight repped this.
  17. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I see what you're saying but that back 4 you mentioned has never been tried (I'm aware Denil and Pereira played together at Motagua but at this level, I mean).

I don't mind experimenting brining in new players further up the field but I'd prefer to run with the back four we plan on using from the start.

Some of the guys you mentioned might only scrape 20 caps between them. Ideally, with the exception of Denil, I don't want to be introducing too many sub 23 players as starters at this stage either.

Ultimately, it is what is it and this is the crop we have to choose from. I just think we did a bad job at bridging between generations and it's left us teetering very close to a Maynor/Boniek pairing at CB.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think that's a back four that pretty much understand each other besides maybe Najar, but his form in the MLS is undeniable and Coito's system isn't exactly complex.

A bulk of the defense plays together regularly in club, both Olimpia y Motagua.. to me it's not much of a risk.. a risk would be Boniek y Maynor at CB..

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Olympic team play their do or die game vs Korea tomorrow morning.. iirc kick off time is 2:30 Honduran local time.

I'm ready to repeat history! Dale guirros!!

SamKnight repped this.
  20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Two unlikely transfers in one week. I'll take it. Lol

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

We made of glass?

23. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Que verguenza.

Embarrassing our selves on the international stage again.

SamKnight and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Jorge Falero has A LOT of questions to answer. Both of Coito's assistants were useless in his absence which is scary.

SamKnight repped this.
  25. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Tenemos entrenador!