RM Castilla...La Tercera Edición.[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Julio's grandson? :)

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This kid any good?

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's the talk of the town right now, very good technically. Needs to develop off the ball though. But there are some great players in the system right now.

Edino Edinho, Digital and Excape Goat repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    how about Gudjohnsen? I know he was hyped up because he is a Gudjphensen and has Haaland as his brother.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Another loss for Castilla who now sit 11th. Raul isn't getting the most out of the talent at his disposal.

7. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    yeah for all the hype that some Castilla players get the results are pretty poor

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's possible that Raul might have been a great player but not a particularly effective coach

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Noel Lopez to join castilla as a free agent after his contract is up in June 30th. Possibly frees up Latasa to spend more time with the first team.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At this stage, you can bet that Raul will be the next senior team manager when that opportunity becomes available again

Doni repped this.
  13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, I think he would have had to have a pretty terrible time at Castilla for us to rule him out in the future, whether he’d be a success with the first team isn’t something I’d like to predict though.

But it’s sort of reassuring to know he’s highly regarded enough to have offers from three first division teams despite ‘only’ being a reserve side manager so far.

J-Mezzy and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Losing faith in Raul as a legitimate coach. He’s earning the label of talent killer. Has had two massively talented squads the past season and this season and his team is playing some terrible football. Most worrying of all is how little he seems to be getting out of talented players.

saadomar repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane wasnt exactly a great Castilla coach either.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    There is a fine line between not getting results at that level, and not getting enough out of the talent at your disposal. The goal shouldn't be to prioritize winning, it's to prioritize development, and under Raul, that doesn't seem to be the case. Whether it's not utilizing players in the right positions or just tactical approach to the game, players are not progressing under him. And even then Zidane still had a better record (and by a decent margin as well) with what I see as lesser talent.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Digital repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arribas needs to be promoted or loaned out to a first division team. He is far too good for this level

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Just coming here to say 1000% to this. We need to stop wasting minutes on Asensio and bring him up.

Digital repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But at the same time, Raul is developing as a manager. He needs to be able to work out how to get results and manage games. If he becomes the first team manager we need results.

I do agree it would be a worry if he is ruining talents. But we would only really know if that’s the case if these players move else where and we see them thrive. Then we would really know the true extent of their talent. As we know most “promises” do not work out, for one way or another, and I would say the coach is only one factor in that too.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Development of our young players is far superior to the development of a potential coaching candidate. Those are a dime a dozen.

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe yeah, I’m just thinking that might not be the only way we can judge Raul. From his point of view he is working on his coaching too.

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What happened to Peter? The focus on Castillas seemed to have switched to Arribas, VT and Iker Bravo. I just do not see his name popping up on the news.