River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2015 (TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 16, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing about Casco is that he can play on both sides: not only does he serve as a great alternative for Vangioni in case he leaves or is in bad form (Piri has his streaks), but he could also be a good back-up for Mercado in a position where we don't have any subs other than two out-of-position, offensive-minded midfielders (Mayada and Solari).

My attitude towards transfers nowadays is "fuck it, bring them" regardless of the price (unless they are complete muertos of course, although those haven't arrived since Mune took over). The way I see it, I'd rather the money be spent on reinforcements -however excessive- than pocketed by a few corrupt dirigentes.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Funes Mori went to Everton for €13 million. What a coup for River. The Premier League clubs overpay so much. All the best to him.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All that money isn't going to river since we didn't have 100% of his transfer. I think we get 9.5... But still you're right, its an absurd fee. Still, it was not ideal considering we also sold Pezzella (for peanuts) and now that Balanta is with his national team and Mamanna is still hurt we only have Vega to play this weekend... And I'm not sure who the hell we'll have on the bench as far as defenders go.

Casco is coming but he isn't a central defender and we still have 3 competitions to play this season, and soon we'll be back to having to play twice a week with the sudamericana with only 1 center back over the age of 22 (Maidana) and only 3 with first team experience, and Mammana's is very limited at that. You also need to consider that Balanta is seriously injury prone, what happens if he gets hurt on Colombia duty? I don't like the idea of Vega starting the superclasico.

But considering the huge fee we got for Funes Mori, the real error was selling pezzella for only 2 million euros. So far thats the only poor transfer we've made under D'Onofrio's presidency.

So considering the money coming in for Kranevitter and Funes Mori, plus the libertadores, the sudamericana, and club world cup i want to see D'Onofrio and co. really invest in the january window...

We also have to think it seems very likely that Sanchez could leave. Current rumors are he is going to sign a new contract but only so that River can make some money from the transfer (similar to what falcao did in 2009)... All rumors indicate he wants to get a big pay day in brazil or mexico

4. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing is, Pezzellas sale was a gamble. If everything goes right they'll probably end up with 6-7 million altogether. I imagine it was a bit like Lanzinis odd sale, they probably owed him money and had did him a financial favor selling him.

If Sanchez goes I'll be bummed, especially if it's a lateral move footbalistically like Mexico or Brazil. But the guy has given more than enough to the club, and if he wants to financially secure his future I will understand.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you could choose one ex-river to come back in January who would it be:

For me i'll give two. One realistic, one unrealistic.

Realistic= El Chori Dominguez. He was in the news the other day saying he'd love to come back. It would be a dream. Chori assisted Alario y me vuelvo loco

Unrealistic: El pipita Higuain- I'd love to see how the bosteros on big soccer like @SupaMario would react when he silences the bostanera FM6-style.

6. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Realistic: Chori Dominguez or Belluschi
    Unrealistic: Falcao or D'Alessandro

7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Where would Mascherano be? His up there in age but he's still a boss at DM. I think it might be realistic if he wants a shot a Libertadores glory. He's already had champions league success. He might be the guy we need to bolster up our defense.

8. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Mascherano coming back in a post-Kranevitter River isn't that unrealistic.

Realistic: Belluschi (especially if Sanchez leaves)
    Unrealsitic: Falcao (I think he'd need another unimpressive season in the EPL)

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #309 RiverGaucho, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Mascherano said the other day he would "see what happens when his contract ends" so we're talking 2018ish. He'll be 34. Obviously, it depends 100% on him. The contract means nothing if he wanted to come back tomorrow it would work. Look what happened with tevez. He decided to come back and juventus couldn't stop him. If Mascherano has any intention of coming back, he just needs to express it. He's won the champions league twice now so what left does he have to do there in europe? Lets root for barcelona to win everything again this year and then for masche to come home

The thing with falcao is delicate. The guy is married to an argentine. He lived here from the age of 14- he's more argentine than colombian. I predict he'll come back soon. His wife has a career here, in england she doesn't. I want the guy to succeed because he seems to be a good guy, but at the same time i want him to fail so he'll come back haha. Un grande el tigre

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Official: Milton Casco a River player

[​IMG]

Will Mune start him in Sunday's super with Vangioni's absence?

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wasn't sold on the Casco signing, but after watching him with Argentina and given Muñeco's incredible record of choosing players, i can't help but be pumped.

Now lost in the shuffle during all this, is that Lucas Boye has joined Newell's on loan for 1 year:

Boye-nuevo-jugador-Newells-Twitter_OLEIMA20150908_0250_29.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that Boye did not renew his contract with River, so in all likely who has played his last game in a River shirt. The idea of the people who represent him is that he goes to Europe, more specifically to Roma, on a free transfer when his loan expires.

A few journalists were trying to stir up some shit about this because he'll leave River with nothing. Come on. Does anyone with a sane mind really think this kid is going to Roma? Now maaaaaayyybeeee, he could go to the capital club on a free if someone at Roma owes a favor to his agent or something, but the kid has 2 goals in 37 games... No team from Argentina or Italy or anywhere would pay anything for him, no matter how much potential he may have with those numbers and the level of his performances- thats why he is going on loan to Newell's- 18th in the 30 team league- and not to a team playing the sudamericana like Lanus or Tigre or something.

Hopefully the kid starts scoring at Newell's- like Gio Simeone at Banfield- but Gio at least had more goals for River (4 in 24) than this pibe, and lets not forget- as low a level of competition the sudamericano sub 20 is- Gio was the top scorer in that tournament held in Uruguay, we've never seen Boye score prolifically ever no matter who the competition is. So lets be serious, if (and thats a massive if) this kid ends up being free and goes to Europe (be it roma or whoever) it will be just because he is free and his agent has contacts- no one with a sane mind would pay more than 10 pesos for him.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think Boye is as bad as people make him out to be. He said from the beginning that he wasn't a 9/centerfoward, yet when he scored a header vs San Lorenzo early in his career the press started calling him the "new Crespo" (the only remote similarity between the two is their physique) and people suddenly began expecting goals from him. He is not a goleador, never has been. In fact, in the youth divisions he played more as a winger if anything.

I see potential in Lucas. He has interesting movements, he's just -I reiterate- not a goleador as people expect. To be honest, he probably has done better than Saviola in his 9 games since his return.. he's definitely more "built" bodywise for the Argentine league (the other day vs Chicago el conejo went flying 30 feet after they tapped him :p)

Hopefully he does well in Newell's. People are too harsh on him: he's no Funes Mori, someone who actually claimed to be a 9 yet would miss 5 absolute sitters per game.

As for going to Roma in the future- unlikely.. but why not? They just signed another forward from Newell's (Ponce) who only scored 5 goals in 30 games (probably more total minutes played than Boye too), and they seem to be going through a general squad rejuvenation... so I wouldn't rule it out. Kinda shady that Lucas hasn't renewed his contract, as is normally the case when players are loaned out on their last year, so maybe there have even already been some talks

balazsriver10 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Matias Kranevitter's transfer details were finally revealed, and the transfer appears to be worse than originally expected:

- 8 million euros for 100% of his transfer, not 60% as originally speculated. I thought the deal that was previously rumored wasn't bad, as 40% of a future transfer to another european club could be a huuuuuuge sum, but I think he's clearly being undersold for his full transfer. They should have at least tried to keep 20-30%.
    - The sum, despite not being too big, won't be paid immediately, but rather in a series of payments from now through 2017. :rolleyes:

Poor piece of business, especially when you compare it with Boca's sales over the last years of their promising 5's (Gago and Banega).. each left for more than 20 million euros. That's 250% of Kranevitter's value and Krane is "arguably" a better player.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Already lost Pezzella on an even worse deal, now this....
    Carlos Sanchez still hasn't renewed his contact and could possibly migrate for pennies (or free) as well, while Barovero is being linked to a possible move in January or June. For all that they've done right so far, this dirigencia is sure starting to show a lot of faults.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hear River has reached an agreement with Silvio Romero, who is pressuring Chiapas (Jaguares) to let him go this time around.

In the end, nothing may come out of this considering how they refused to sell him to us in June, but it's worth noting that many of the incoming transfers under D'Onofrio arrived 6-12 months after the initial negotiations were rejected:

- we tried bringing Pity in June 2014, but he joined in January
    - serious attempts were made to aquire Viudez and Bertolo in January, but they both arrived in June..
    - Casco arrived after several failed attempts in previous transfer windows.

Saviola, too, returned after 10 years of attempts (that's a joke....... kind of :p )

Veremos..

RiverGaucho repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Swansea apparently keeping an eye on Eder Alvarez Balanta

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We already lost Chichizola and Rojas on a free transfer, and as we all know the future of Pisculichi and Sanchez is unknown with only 2 months remaining on their contracts with no signs of intent to renew from either yet.

Now I hear Balanta and Barovero's respective contracts end in June (there could be others too). Either they leave after the Club World Cup, which would be a blow, or we're back in the same situation of losing more key players on free transfers just 6 months later.

I know the agents probably pressure the players like crazy to seek a free transfer, but what's up with the dirigencia waiting so long to renew contracts, especially in the case of undisputed players like Barovero? They should have extended his contract looong ago

Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pisculichi has agreed his renewal according to D'Onofrio. No word on for how long but this is huge news.

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river...firmo-renovacion-contrato-leonardo-pisculichi

In the interview he also discusses Sanchez and how River is ready to make a huge economic commitment to him. I said before I didn't want Sanchez to go Brasil because it would be a "sideways move" in football terms, but theres another reason I forgot to mention- we could easily face him in the Libertadores. Sanchez needs to go to Europe not to some brasil team just to earn a few more dollars.

D'Onofrio also brought up Solari, whose contract also is going to expire. Cut the kid lose please. He's proven time and time again he's not up to the status of River. We're better off with Mayada and the pibe Carreras who played a few games than Solari. Thanks a lot but you'd be better off going to a team like Banfield (aka River B Team) Nothing personal the kid just isn't good enough- and he's 23 and will be 24 by the time the next season starts. He's not some 19-20 year old with lots of potential

Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nombres para reemplazar a kraneviter??

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Joaquin Arzura (Tigre)
    Walter Montoya (Rosario Central)
    Alexander Mejía (Atletico Nacional/Monterrey)
    Gaston Gil Romero (Estudiantes)

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Solo conozco de cerca a mejia, mas experiencia que calidad. Seguro si esta preparado para la liga , pero no le veo punto de comparacion con matias

22. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    It looks like Sánchez reached an agreement with Monterry, he will join after the Club World Cup. He chose the money in the best football-age with his best form in his life... :( You could be idol if you stay at River.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no mames bato el monterrey es buena opcion (?)

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fellow Colombian Alexander Mejia to arrive as part of Carlos Sanchez's transfer to Monterrey?

Alexander Mejía, volante colombiano que pertenece a Monterrey, juega a préstamo en Atlético Nacional. Y el entrenador del conjunto cafetero confirmó que podría haber un trueque.

"Hay una posibilidad pues Monterrey quiere a Carlos Sánchez y Monterrey entraría a poner a Alexander (Mejia) en esa alternativa para River", comunicó Reinaldo Rueda, técnico de Atlético Nacional.

25. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    He is a good and interestig player!