River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2015 (TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 16, 2014.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The best thing about Mascherano coming would be the reaction of all the "plastic bosteros" who mainly just follow the NT and love Masche. And I don't mean on these forums i mean people i see daily in BsAs mainly 15-16 year old kids who don't remember that 10 years ago Mascherano was an idol for us.

But I mean honestly- if Barca wins the champions again, which is a strong possibility, what else would he have to win in Barcelona? Now if the money and life style is an issue thats fine, but foot ballistically he already has 2 champions, 3 ligas, 2 copas del rey... he got nothing left to do there

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Making more money and continuing to win titles should be enough of a reason for him to stay until his contract is up in 2018. Money is money, at the end of the day that is why you become a professional, sure the love of the game and club is there, but making money should always be your reason to try and prosper. You cannot ever make too much money. You have such a short period of time in your lifetime to make money as a professional athlete, you should take advantage of it. You have a chance to create a legacy for your family and future generations. Hell, if I am 37 and some tyrant in some 3rd world country offers me a couple million dollars to kick the ball around in some amateur league, I am taking it.

[​IMG]

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Rodrigo Mora is staying, despite the Uruguayan saying goodbye earlier (?):

"Mora es jugador de River, River quiere que Mora se quede y él quiere quedarse en el club", manifestó el presidente Millonario, en declaraciones brindadas a Fox Sports Radio. De esta forma, el atacante oriental podrá formar parte del plantel en el próximo Mundial de Clubes: "No hay razón para pensar que no va a estar".

"La relación con Mora es de diez puntos y todavía es jugador de River. No se va a ir a ningún lado, se queda. Nosotros apuntamos a mantener el equipo. Si él tiene firmado algo, no tiene ninguna validez", concluyó exteriorizando la máxima autoridad Millonaria.

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river-plate/28565/donofrio-mora-se-queda-en-river-mercado-de-pases

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Spanish press reporting that Sevilla, Genoa, and Zenit are interested in Lucas Alario:

El medio español Estadio Deportivo anunció que Sevilla pretende al delantero de 22 años, quien apenas lleva cuatro partidos jugados con La Banda.

"River ha rechazado una oferta del Genoa para lograr una opción de compra en enero, asegurando que Zenit y Sevilla andan muy interesados, hasta el punto que representantes sevillanos tendrían previsto reunirse con el entorno del jugador", informó.

LOL that was fast

Ron Mexico repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also, apparently Villarreal's rumored interest in Ramiro Funes Mori is indeed real and they are pushing heavily for a transfer to go through now, although River's plan is to hold on to him til at least after the Club World Cup.

Everton have also joined the fight to kepp el melli, although their interest isn't as deep as that of the Spaniards.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn, just last year Alario was playing in La B and now he's getting offers from Europe after the scoring in the copa final? Unbelievable!

locoxriver repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What's more unbelievable is that he has barely played 3 or 4 games for River, it's not like he scored that goal in the final after being with us for a while. Just a month ago these European sides literally had no idea who this kid was... now they're fighting each other over who gets to keep him.

I wonder what a hypothetical pricetag would be..

Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even a few million would be a remarkable turnover for a player we didn't pay too much for. Gallardo's scouting team is really top notch.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Olympiakos is preparing to submit a €2,000,000 offer within the next hours for 50% of Eder Alvarez Balanta's transfer. We'll have to see what River decides: the numbers are lower than what they originally wanted for the Colombian, but they're willing to talk since it'll be hard for him to get playing time in Nuñez with Funes Mori's good form. Also, with Mora officially staying after all, another transfer would help the club's finances.

On top of that, River would get 30% of a future transfer (if I'm not mistaken we own 80% atm), which could be a decent amount given the absurd transfer fees when between two European clubs.

On the flipside, River's defense would be severely weakened if we let go of our two best defensive prospects (Pezzella and Balanta) in the same transfer window. Mammana would be the only available alternative for Maidana and FM6... and the latter is attracting interest abroad as well.

We'll see..

RiverGaucho repped this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    €2Million is a joke. Sure he has injury problems but he's worth way more than the peanuts they are offering.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that's the same exact price Pezzella left for, and German is arguably the better player -- he participated more, scored more important goals, less injuries, captain of all the divisions of the youth NTs, etc.

12. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That was also a poor selling price:(

locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    18-year-old promising playmaker Tomas Andrade, who was chosen as the best player of the U-17 Club World Cup that River won in Spain in 2013 (attracting inquiries from Barcelona and Atl. Madrid for his transfer after said tournament), convinced Everton coach Roberto Martinez during a 2 week trial he just underwent with the EPL club:

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Martinez said, “Tomas is a very talented young man. He has raw, natural talent to use in the attacking play. He can play between the lines, he is left-footed, he’s has a very, very interesting profile."

Everton will attempt to acquire him on loan til June 2016 rather than making an immediate purchase, something River is willing to accept since he is currently behind Pity, Piscu, Driussi, etc and even Tomas Martinez and Casquete in the pecking order.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree on all accounts, but I wouldn't sell Alario even if they gave us 20 million right now. The transfer window is closed in Argentina, even though it remains open in Europe. Obviously we have lots of options (Mora, Viudez, Driussi, Pity, Saviola) but these guys are all attacking midfielder/wingers other than mora and saviola. We can't play the club world cup, sudamericana, and torneo local with Boye as the only "9" (or is Boye a "false 9" :ROFLMAO:)

I read they don't want to sell Balanta right now because we will soon have the double competition starting again. Theres also the fact that Mammanna is out with a muscle tear- who knows when he'll be back, but Balanta will be needed, and even so Mammanna is not left footed. Not saying a right footed player can't play as the #6, but its clear Gallardo likes to have balance in his team that way.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL all of a sudden everyone wants River's defenders: first Everton, pushing to take Ramiro Funes Mori ASAP... and now Levante are after Jonathan Maidana. I don't see Maidana leaving given that the CWC is in 4 months and Levante isn't exactly a superclub that he's dying to play for, nor an economic powerhouse that will be offering an irresistible offer for River..... but who knows.

Regarding el melli, apparently there's a transfer clause of 5 million euros in his contract, an amount the English side is willing to pay. It'll come down to whether Funes Mori wants to play the Club World Cup or move to Europe now.

Now I really wish Pezzella stayed. :(

Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In other news, it looks like youngster Tomas Martinez is set to join Tenerife (Spain) on loan, due to lack of opportunities in the first team. He'll be the second youngster to leave on loan for Europe during this transfer window (Tomas Andrade joined Everton a few days ago)

Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Ramiro Funes Mori is set for Everton (8 million euros)

Martin Demichelis being linked as a possible replacement for the CWC

18. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Here comes Balanta's time! Thank you everything Ramiro! You are legend! No fue corner :)

locoxriver repped this.
  19. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    €10 million according to Ole for Funes Mori. No way River can turn down that kind of money.

Thanks for memories Ramiro!

Looks Like Manchester City will sign Otamendi soon. Frees up Demichelis.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ive heard the Demichelis rumors as well. According to La Pagina Millonario, his family wants to keep living in England, and theres the matter of his contract with Man City:

http://lapaginamillonaria.com/river...elis-entre-river-su-familia-y-manchester-city

Pellegrini does know him though. They worked together at River, Malaga, and now Man City so maybe he will understand, though the arabs running the club may be harder to convince.

As to the part about his family not wanting to return... I don't buy it at all. His kids are i think they are like 3 and 5 or something how would they know what they want? His wife, Evangelina Anderson, is also a very famous model in Argentina, if she comes back she'd maybe huge money to do all sorts of tv gigs and whatnot, whereas in England she is a nobody.

All that being said, I think its time for Balanta to take over. I think due to his injury troubles over the last year or so, many forget just what an absolute beast this guy was under Ramon Diaz when he first came through to the first team

21. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Reports indicate that Kranevitter will sign for Atletico Madrid. He will move there though after the Club World Cup.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed it is strange that he would go to Cyprus but money must be good then. I had to look up the team(I've heard of them before) and there is another Argentino on the side, Tomás De Vincenti. He has lengthy wikipedia article about him. I never heard of him but he scored one hell a goal a couple years back,

The team also has a player named Boy Waterman :ROFLMAO:.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River closing in on Milton Casco: Newell's accepted the $3,000,000 offer for 85% of his transfer.

Only thing left is to reach an agreement with the player.. We'll see if Lucas Boye ends up leaving to Rosario on loan for a season as part of the deal, as speculated.

Any news on Funes Mori's work permit situation? The transfer window is about to close in England, and if he doesn't resolve the situation we will not only lose the 8 million euros that were supposed to enter the club for his transfer, but also won't be able to bring Casco since we won't have any open reinforcement spots.

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To me, that seems like a lot of money for casco, who will be a back-up. Obviously, theres speculation that vangioni could go to europe in january, but still... I don't know. Casco in my opinion, has never been a crack... Hopefully he performs well for river, if gallardo asked for him i have faith- after all, who expected Alario to do anything at much, much less score decisive goals in the semifinals and final of the copa libertadores. Hopefully casco is a similar case