River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2014

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 13, 2013.

1. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    And what about Fabbro?

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3 RiverGaucho, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    The main rumor is that Cavenaghi is back in Buenos Aires and he has met in person with both D'Onofrio and Caselli. All seems to indicate that no matter who is the president, Cavenaghi will be River's first reinforcement

From there, D'Onofrio and Caselli need to be smart as I've said before, no more experiments like Fabbro or Carbonero or Menzeguez, we need to bring in people of hierarchy who know what it means to play at a big club.

D'Onofrio mentions D'Alessandro, Cavenaghi, and of course Lugano (it wouldn't be a mercado de pases if Lugano doesn't get linked to River) as the three he'd bring in.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...a-rodolfo-donofrio-elecciones-2013-river.html

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alot will be determined at the beginning of next week. The elections are on Sunday, then I'd assume the new president will need to sit down with Ramon and decide whether to keep him or fire him.

However, regardless of who is president or if Ramon stays or goes, I can't see Fabbro staying at River. His best bet is to go to Cerro Porteño, Paraguayn football is more his level and he's a hero there

4. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man I really hope Ramón leaves. The team has just looked listless all semester, and that's despite huge outlays in June and July to bring in the players Ramón wanted (at the same time he sent players like Luna or Trezeguet, who ended up having great seasons, elsewhere, for "footbalistic reasons").

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree that Ramon must leave, and I have a feeling if D'Onofrio wins he's going to push him out the door.

I wonder in the history of short tournaments the last time a coach has failed so badly one semester, then been able to turn it around in his next. Look at Bianchi... Even though Bo*a improved miles this semester, River still managed 10 more points over the 2013 calendar year, which shows you just how much a failure Bianchi is

I think realistically River needs to get a new DT start from zero and fight for a spot in the sudamericana and maybe quarterfinals of the libertadores if we make it, then in June go all out for top level reinforcements like Lucho Gonzalez, Belluschi, Cambiasso, etc, but this can't be turned around with just 2/3 new signings

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinos is already trying to renew Daniel Villalva's loan. They want another year, but will settle with 6 months.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...argentinos-quiere-renovar-prestamo-river.html

Hopefully Ramon/D'Onofrio say no. It wouldn't be too beneficial to the club financially (if at all), so really it would be much more useful to keep Keko and have him as an alternative for our goalless offense.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bottinelli, thankfully, wants to leave:

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ttinelli-veo-muy-dificil-seguir-en-river.html

Hopefully we can get this guy sold and not loan him out. Obviously getting the ABSURD amount of cash Passarella paid for him back is hopeless, but at least maybe we can get a million dollars (3/4 million is more likely)

The good news is that he wants to leave. Too often players who suck say "me quiero quedar y pelearla en River" just because they are making more in River than they'd make at any other club...

On the comedic side of things, he said: "En los partidos que me tocó jugar creo que tuve un buen nivel." I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this... Lets send this boludo a dvd of the copa sudamericana quarterfinal...

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So according to LPM, Andres Chavez (Banfield) and Lucas Pratto (Velez) are two possibilities if the Scocco operation becomes impossible.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...atto-serian-el-plan-b-si-no-llega-scocco.html

Not bad players really, but with Cavenaghi closing in I don't think it is necessary to try and bring more forwards. Assuming Cavegol arrives, we'd have Cavenaghi, Teo, Mora, Simeone, Andrada, Driussi.... not a bad front line at all.

The problem is in midfield. No creation, no playmaker, no useful wingers. There's a reason Krannevitter was the only midfielder with acceptable performances in the Inicial. If I were D'Onofrio, I'd be looking for a 3 ASAP to allow Vangioni to be pushed up. If not a useful winger would always be very helpful, but please no more trials.

The point is, for the team to change we NEED to make some sort of changes in midfield. You could bring in Aguero and Ibrahimovic if you want, but we still aren't going to be scoring goals if we don't generate football.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you, if we can't get Scocco, the second reinforcement shouldn't be a forward.

The problem is this market is so difficult. Not only are we handcuffed by this absurd 2 reinforcement rule grondona put in, but European teams are not going to let players go in the middle of the season.

I think Lucho Gonzalez and Esteban Cambiasso are legitimate targets for June, but right now, they are impossible.

One guy I would throw a line out is Hachita Ludueña. The guy isn't staying with Pachuca. He's become a legend in Mexico... I know the Mexican league is far easier with poor defending and no hard tackles, but I think Ludueña is way better than both Lanzini and Fabbro

As for an option at 8... I'd like Belluschi. A player of his talent shouldn't be playing in a wasteland of a club like Bursaspor

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to the press, Diego Lugano could be tempted by Enzo to join River with hopes of getting regular playing time before the World Cup. If he actually arrives this time, we'd have to free up a foreigner slot, meaning Rodrigo Mora would most likely be the one to see the door.

Uruguayo x Uruguayo x la llegada de un Uruguayo?? :p

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unfortunately Daniel Villalva will most likely be loaned out again. This time his destination might be Mexico.

Rodrigo Mora could also leave, as Colo Colo and several other teams are interested in him.

12. Manuel Montero

Manuel Montero New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Hi everyone, I'm very excited for next season! I think we have a legitimate chance with this new CD and a few reinforcements (as long as Grondona and the refs don't f us in the a like they did this season... 12 points!! They stole 12 points!!!!!)

Apparently, all that's needed to finalize Cavegol's transfer is to pay the staff so AFA lets us inscribe new players (apparently only Arsenal, Lanush, and Atl. Rafaela can make transfers atm)

For the second transfer, I REALLY hope we can get Scocco! He's a FANTASTIC goalscorer!
    However, if that negotiation falls through, there are some other very good possibilities, including Ludueña, whom someone mentioned above, but I'm not sure how realistic that could be, same with Beluschi. A realistic and very good reinforcement, imo, is Chavez from Banfield. He's very good and young too.

We can really go after a "new" squad in June, for now, we need a #9 and another offensive player.

We need to get rid of Mora, Botinelli, and Fabbro ASAP!! Lanzini'll prob be leaving now bc of the ARG$400M debt we are in!
    In June, we also should get rid of Mercado, Menzeguez, Ferreyra, Rojas, and anyone else for whom the Red Stripe is too heavy to carry!

For next season, I'm thinking the squad would look sonething like this (assuming both Lanzini and Maidana leave):

Barovero
    Mercado, Pezzella, Alvarez Balanta, FM
    Kranevitter, Ponzio
    Carbonero, Teo, Vangioni
    Cavenaghi

PS: This is basically a 4-4-2 where Teo drops back behind the #9 and the wingers (Carbonero and Vangioni) move up and are very offensive

I think he tried out moving Vangioni up in the last match day bc he plans of doing that this season. I REALLY hope he does! It's such a waste having a player with the offensive danger Vangioni has playing in the back-line!!

Btw, why does everyone here speak English? Would I be wrong to assume that we are all Argentines that live abroad (but still know Spanish)?

locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not every River fan is Argentine. River es mundial. You'll find millos all over the world -- Argentine or not.

While most of us here do speak spanish, the conversation tends to stay in english since it is an english-based forum. In a way that's what makes this site what it is -at least to me-, since it provides the opportunity to talk about River with "outsiders" (although the majority are Argentines). Some American, Canadian, etc. Argentine football fans participate here, so it's preferable to keep the conversations in English, whereas if you wanted to speak spanish there are muuuuch larger River Plate communities on the internet truthfully.

Anyway, regarding the rest of your post, I disagree about having to get rid of Mora asap. While he didn't respond on the pitch as expected, he still is a useful player and should be given at least 6 more months to prove himself. He arrived late in the transfer window and was thrown into the starting position without even having had preseason training. I still don't believe a player can just go from being fantastic one tournament to absolute rubbish a couple months later. Let's give him a couple more opportunities, he's already proven he can shine with la banda when 100%. If he repeats another poor semester, then maybe it could be time to offload him. (Either way I still think he may have a foot out because of his issues with Ramon, but that's another topic)

Lastly......
    Welcome to BigSoccer! Hope to see you around regularly.. :thumbsup:

14. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I am an example you'll find River fans all over the world, I live in Hungary, Europe:)
    This site gives me the infos from my favourite team and the google translate :D
    Do anybody know any website in english language where i can read River news every day or every week?

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Manuel Montero

Dec 21, 2013
    I agree that Mora 100% would do great, but it's just that I don't want players who can't deal with the pressure of playing in the best club in Argentina (some other examples are Fabbro, who has also shown apathy when playing, and Carbonero)

Haha that's FANTASTIC!! I've never met a River fan who wasn't Argentine or had lived in Argentina!

I hope we can get back to the shape that made River famous world-wide with the likes of Enzo Francescoli, Ortega, and SOOOO many others!

On a separate note, apparently our finances are in even worse shape than we presumed (this is a rough translation of the following article):

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...mico-vaciamiento-club-deudas-pasivo-2013.html

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just out of curiosity, how is it possible you've never met a river fan who wasn't argentine? thats absolutely crazy

Have you ever traveled abroad? There are tons of river fans in Uruguay, Colombia, Mexico, USA, Israel, etc.

I don't mean to be insulting I just find it crazy... Next time you go to El Monumental, listen to the people around you there are always people from other countries there

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Cavenaghi ya está"
    Luego de coincidir en un cumpleaños el sábado por la noche con el goleador, el presidente de River afirmó: “El lunes nos reunimos con él y su representante. Charlé con él y lo vi con muchas ganas. Los hinchas, el técnico, la comisión directiva y él quieren así que ya está, sólo hay que ponerse de acuerdo. La ventaja que tiene es que no hay que pagar un pase (llega libre), porque River no tiene un peso para hacerlo”

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Cavenaghi_0_1052294991.html

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  18. Manuel Montero

Dec 21, 2013
    Yes I have, I live in Minneapolis (USA) and I know a bunch of River fans, but they're all Argentines or first generation Americans with Argentine parents

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Great news, its just very sad we have to waste one of our only two reinforcement spots on a player who never should have left the club in the first place... Gracias DAP

locoxriver and balazsriver10 repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "El gerente deportivo del club, José María Buljubasich, se encuentra por estos días en Argentina tratando de cerrar la incorporación del zaguero Jonathan Bottinelli", cuenta La Tercera de Chile.

LOL.. Tenia que ser otro muerto que el que se quiere llevar a este pecho frio. :D

RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Jose Sosa has a chance of coming. There have already been meetings with his representatives as he is trying to get more exposure so he can make the world cup team

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/familia-real_0_1055894662.html

I think this would be a terrible signing. Why would we want this pecho frio? If we want a number 8 the only option I'd look at right now is Belluschi.

We've had enough experiments like Sosa we need to go for people who know how to play in the River shirt

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I never liked the idea of Sosa being in the national team because I didn't think he was at that level, but I've never considered him a bad player either. In fact, he was excellent for Estudiantes - the only team I actually watched him play regularly in, and from what I understand he is doing quit well in Ukraine too.

Considering we don't have any interesting options in his position, he could be a good signing. He is the captain of Metalist though, so I highlu doubt they'll be letting him go on loan and we definitely don't have the euros to buy his transfer.