River Plate: El MAS GRANDE de la HISTORIA (Match Thread / General Discussion)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 19, 2019.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this point, Armani is the worst player on the team. He has been off for a while now, and I have refrained from criticizing him bc of what he's done for the club, but enough is enough. We need to find a way to have him bow out gracefully.

Loco and locoxriver repped this.
  2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup, and I'm questioning our coach too.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Demichelis is fine. C'mon! his winning percentage is 64% for River.

Armani has got to go. I don't know who they can replace him with, but I can't go thru another season with him as our keeper. We need a replacement asap

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Micho is no good. He was the main man responsible for our elimination from the Libertadores. With the roster we had, we were a prime candidate.. his nonsensical decisions in Porto Alegre knocked us out.

Yes, he’s new, but he is the definition of amateur hour when playing serious rivals. He fumbled in La Paz and we gave him a pass.. he fumbled badly vs Fluminense and we gave him a pass. But the shit he did vs Inter was inexcusable and it was obvious he was going to single-handedly lose the series with his ridiculous tactics and choices both before and during the game.

We have also seen him mess up in domestic games, but that loss in Porto Alegre was completely on him and he threw the semester out the window. It doesn’t help that this was a verrrry winnable copa, with Flamengo in shambles and Palmeiras being a shell of their former selves. This was a copa with the likes of Olimpia, Racing, Bolivar, Almiron’s Boca, and Deportivo Pereira in the final 8… give me a break!

As for his win rate, that’s simply attributed to the rich squad Gallardo left him. For the domestic league that team walks by itself, any of us could have won the title. But when he had to make choices, Demichelis did everything wrong. I’ve tried giving him time, but I’m just not a fan

5. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, that's exactly what I think. I can already see his flaws. The fact that he's scared to play our youth is another big warning sign. Prestianni playing minutes and Echeverri is warming the bench. No faith.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am thinking loco x river is right and the Demichelis should go... but the problem is I don't see any other candidate out there who would definitely be better. I would not want a single DT currently plying his trade in Argentina. The teams all play a dreadful brand of football.

Any ideas out there?

As for the pibes from sub 17... Echeverri and Ruberto definitely need more game time, but I might be a bit worried about relying on them too much, look at someone like Villalva, who's career nose dived since becoming youngest player to ever play for club.

I think at 17, Saviola is the only one who made an impact. Hopefully Echeverri can duplicate that, but Sub 17 World Cup is a far lower than Primera, even in this era where Argentine football basically sucks.

Ruberto will def get more time as it seems Rondon is leaving. Praise the lord!

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River fans are really treating claudio like shit after his comments and suspect loyalty. I understand being excited for him to play for the club, but they're tossing a teenage kid under the bus.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean those people commenting online are trash/cowards, but I don’t think they represent everyone by any means.

He may have messed up with his comments (could have phrased it differently), but I’m still proud he’s a River player.. his talent is 100% River DNA

balazsriver10 and megamac20817 repped this.
  10. Pablito1

Pablito1 New Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 26, 2021
    Hello everyone. I’m searching for River Plate matches between Clausura 1998 and Apertura 2000. For instance River Plate-Newell’s Old Boys 1998 Apertura. Does anyone know a person who might have them? I think there more chance here than in the dvd selling section. Greetings

Loco repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is a Bostero around these forums that has a lot of old matches he trades with and whatnot.

Here, I found him @momentosdvd

He could possibly help.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Any particular reason you are look for matches? 1999 Apertura features an amazing goal from Coudet and then one from Aimar after a great run from Saviola...

Can't seem to find anything on the 98 Apertura.

Loco repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I’m not mistaken, that was the tournament that gave us this gem too, right?

:D

RiverGaucho and Loco repped this.
  14. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the GOAT of all GOATS of a manager trolling the rival team & fan base. The moment was so pure

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramon is such a legend. Really would love to see him back at River at some point. He can't end his career w/ out a swan song.

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yesterday our youth academy players shined brightly.

17. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mastotuono especially was really a joy to watch, which is amazing as he's the youngest of the lot.

locoxriver repped this.
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ruberto scored a fine goal last night from outside the box and Manstatuono was really good too, probably shouldv'e score one. I know its early and it was only Barracas Central, but the pibes may be the key to success this season.

That and Borja finally getting the #9 shirt without interference from the zombie Rondon. Borja's goals to game ratio for river is outstanding, considering he has been made to be a sub a lot of the time. I think this is the formula. Borja surrounded by pibes.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its a joke, its Borja with Haaland's hair. DIdn't think it was too complicated, was all over social media

HomietheClown repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just did not know which player's hair it was. I was thinking maybe it was a famous Argentina player from years past or something. Didn't even think about modern Euro players.

Good joke.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah its just nice to have a guy scoring for fun, even if last one was a deflection, so a bunch of fans were having fun on social media. 7 goals in 5 games is very Haaland-esque. I don't know the last time a River striker got off to such a tear to start a season.

Julian had 18 goals in 21 games in 2021, but he did not catch fire until much later in the season

megamac20817 repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope he keeps it up and Lorenzo takes notice.
    But not sure that will happen.

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No mention of River picking up another trophy the other night. How about that golazo from Aliendro?

The performance was not great, but the result was special and memorable.

locoxriver and megamac20817 repped this.