River Plate: El MAS GRANDE de la HISTORIA (Match Thread / General Discussion)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 19, 2019.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vamos campeon!!!

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This ref is trash. There must have been at least 7 invented freekicks for Boca so far in the first half, including one River counterattack that was stopped when two Boca players collided with each other (!!)

Don’t mean to sound whiny, but it gets annoying when every two minutes Boca gets a set piece chance as a gift. One or two mistakes is fine, but the amount of made up fouls is appalling and we’re not even half way through the match

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For the second half, Scocco for Borre would ne great

We could really use Quintero in there too, but IMO De La Cruz is playing well and doesn’t deserve to be subbed off. Taking Palacios or Nacho Fernandez would disbalance the midfield. Maybe bring in the Colombian for Suarez and play a 4-5-1 to dominate possession a bit more?

Side note, what a monumental mistake by Pinola towards the beginning of the match. Thankfully the play was annulled, but that inexplicable header back could have ruined out confidence and given Boca the momentum necessary to seek a comeback

4. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We just need an away goal and this shit is over. Give me 30 minutes of Scocco and it'll be done.

locoxriver repped this.
  5. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How in the flying fvck is Andrada not carded for that push?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And there it is.. made up freekick leads to a goal.

This ref should be barred from reffing in the libertadores again. Can’t believe this is the “best” they could find in the entire continent. I hope at least Angelici paid him well

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Woooow this is getting absurd.. haven’t seen such an inclined, partial ref in a while

megamac20817 repped this.
  8. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fvck this ref, and fvck this minnow club. We going to the final!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Equipo chico la puta que te pario... ni con ayuda alevosa del arbitro podes hijo

EL MAS GRANDE SIGUE SIENDO RIVER PLATE!!!

10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    ¡Otra vez! ¡Finalistas! ⚪️⚪️

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    un minuto de silenciooooo......

[​IMG]

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The match was truly unreal.

Firstly, I want to touch on the ref. This was a disgrace. The bottom line is, after all the complaining and conspiracy theories, this match was fixed for Boca, the problem being that they were just too bad to actually score two goals and take the match to penalties or score three and win it. Even Closs, a known Boca supporter, said that 60% of the fouls were invented. Now remember, this is a massive boca fan saying this, in reality I'd say it was 80%.

Boca is a club who just thinks the rules don't apply to them. Everything is a conspiracy.

Last night, the other shocking thing was that no replays were shown of any controversial plays that could've gone River's way. The hand ball in the box was never replayed. There were a few other instances just like that.

Despite all that, I was a bit disappointed in River. Sure, its hard to play with the ref inclining the field so much, but I felt that River really lacked its normal style. Had we score 1 goal, it would have been over. Why did Pratto come in? He has been out of form for a while now, that chance he had instead of just shooting on goal, he tried a half cross half shot that went harmlessly through the 6 yard box. If River has a flaw, its players not willing to shoot on goal. That would have been a goal or at least forced Andrada into a very difficult save if Scocco had been in. Awful substitution.

I also don't understand the Casco substitution. Very strange, maybe something will come out, but it made no sense.

Quintero on the bench was a joke.

I am so proud of the team for coming through this match with everything against them, but Gallardo did not make it easier with a horrible set up and strategy and even worse subs. This Boca team is not any good. I think at some point we will look back on this and regret that in three matches we only scored 2 goals against them. We had a chance to really embarrass them. Mas, Buffarini, Abila, Almendra, a 36 year old Tevez, Hurtado, Mac Allister this boca team is a joke. There only player who created any danger was Zarate. Like I said, we will regret one day not truly embarrassing them with a 5-0 in El Monumental and we should've scored yesterday too.

I will also say lets just forget about Boca. River has bigger fish to fry now than this little club in a shitty neighborhood by the contaminate Riachelo River.

Now lets hope it Flamengo. What a final that will be. Two clubs that want to play good football.

VAMOSSSSSSSS

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Incredible.. what a disgrace

TowsonDad and Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, looks like it will be Flamengo-River. But it is interesting seeing Gabriel B doing well. This guy was an absolute flop in his time at Inter.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He was great last season with Santos and has been an absolute animal all season with Flamengo this year. Any time I see Fla highlights or headlines, he puts at least one in the net.

Bare in mind that when he was at Inter, he had barely turned 20 and hardly got any playing time. I wonder if he has a buyout clause with the Brazilians (his loan ends at the end of the year). If not, Inter will have an interesting amount of options up front between him, Lautaro, Alexis Sanchez, and Lukaku

Edit: a quick Google search shows that Flamengo and Inter are in talks to officialize a transfer to the Brazilian side for approximately €18m

megamac20817 and SupaMario repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Lautaro went to Inter when he was barely 21. They’re almost a year apart in age and Lautaro is making Inter fans forget Icardi.

I don’t think Inter even want him back. He apparently turned a down to West Ham, so it does appear he is happy where he is. If I’m not mistaken when he is Gabriel Jesus were coming up together some pundits were saying Gabriel was the more talented player.

Barbosa was so bad that he couldn’t play for Benfica and they pretty much told him to leave.

Kannemann Is having a pretty bad showing right now. Granted, Gremio have given up but he’s lost his man a couple of times, which led to goals and the first(or was it second) where he missed a tackle that to a goal.

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

CRACKS!!!!!

Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. samuzlsp

samuzlsp New Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Flamengo es el club más corrupto de América del Sur.
    Mira este asalto en la Copa Libertadores 1981,
    la arbitraje fue de un hincha de Flamengo,
    él expulsó la mitad del equipo de atletico mineiro:

Mira este asalto en el Brasileirao de 1980,
    despues de anular un jugada por impedimento
    que resultaria en goal del equipo de atletico
    mineiro y consequentemente, en titulo de campeón,
    la arbitraje expulsó el mejor jugador del equipo
    de atletico mineiro, ayudando el Flamengo:

Mira este asalto en el Brasileirao 1982:
    Acá, el Grêmio tuvo un prejuicio por ter una
    penalidad a su favor, debido a un toque de mano
    del zagueiro Andrade de Flamengo en la area tica,
    que no fue marcada por la arbitraje.

Mira este assalto en 1983 brasileño:
    Otra vez, una hincha de Flamengo silba
    una decisión de Brasileirao y
    el arbitraje no marcó una
    penalidad para el equipo del Santos,
    ayudando el Flamengo ganar el título.

Si los de River Plate no abrirán los ojos bien abiertos,
    seran la próxima víctima del Flamengo. El jefe
    de la comisión de arbitraje de la Conmebol
    és hincha de Flamengo.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope that just eliminating Boca won't cause Gallardo to just put the same team out again in the Final.

I know I have been beating this drum for a while now, but I can't get over it. The lack of finishing ability of this team with Suarez and Borre in the line up is laughable, especially when you think we need to face a Flamengo team that is in imperious form right now.

I know Suarez has many qualities and Borre does the dirty work, but Fla won't give us 10-12 chances and not score themselves like Boca.

Borre is just a shit finisher. Even though he has scored some big goals and many goals, overall his proficiency in front of goal is awful. The goal he "scored" yesterday was not his goal at all. It was an own goal. If the Colon keeper doesn't touch that ball, it goes harmlessly out for a throw in, so by the laws of the game it is an own goal, not Borre's goal.

Gallardo needs to figure out a way to get Quintero into the team. I know he can be a deadly super sub, but what if Flamengo gets up 2 or 3 goals? Flamengo is not Boca, they will not pardon us. They have a serious coach with experience in Europe not some genuine amateur like Alfaro who was at Arsenal de Sarandi and Huracan.

I don't fully know what team Gallardo should play against Fla, but for me, the man sacrificed should be one of the forwards to get Quintero in the team with a 4-2-3-1 formation. We won't score against Flamengo if we go into that match with the current line up.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

"Cuando jugamos contra Zenit, hablando con Seba Driussi me dijo 'qué rápido que te fuiste', yo le dije 'sí, por momentos lo lamentás' y me respondió '¿viste lo grande que es River?' 'Sí, es demasiado grande', dije. Hoy, que uno está lejos, se da cuenta la magnitud y lo que significa River en el mundo y lo que es que te dirija un técnico como Marcelo, él está un paso adelante de todos”
    , contó Saracchi

Todo jugador que haya pasado por este ciclo de Gallardo quiere volver. En diciembre quiero tratar de salir a préstamo porque necesito jugar, agarrar minutos y confianza, aunque mi idea es continuar en Europa", remarcó.

https://www.tycsports.com/river-pla...o-de-river-y-no-descarta-volver-20191031.html

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Libertadores Final is, for at least now, scheduled for 23 of November in Lima after the rioting, looting, and all around unrest in Chile caused Santiago to be replaced.

Many people speculated that Miami could be an option, that would have completely screwed the casual fan, but Lima is not much better. LATAM airlines has no direct flights to Lima from BsAs the Friday before, the only way to get there is with a layover, and this flight costs 776.00 USD, which is just ONE WAY and doesn't include a hotel. Aerolineas Argentinas' website crashed just now as River fans logged on to try and get flights. These are high prices for europeans or americans who have more disposable income that people in Argentina after the massive devaluation caused by the return of a Kirchner govt.

CONMEBOL really is the most inept, corrupt, useless organization. Obviously, I don't blame them for the incidents in Chile, but the system the way it was with each team hosting one leg worked for 60 years, they just saw the dollar signs of eventually playing this match in Miami and New York like when they moved the Copa America to the US or how Argentina National Team plays only in the US, China, Europe, or whoever will pay corrupt AFA officials like Tapia and Angelici the most.

Its truly sad and disgusting what they are doing to football in South America.

When I see how well run and transparent a sport like rugby is in Argentina and the rugby world cup that just finished that had to see many matches rescheduled because of a Typhoon, it makes me think, why do we fans accept this kind of crap? Other sports demand things be run professionally. Why do we allowed corrupt people to ruin the sport like Tapia, Angelici, Dominguez, not to mention Grondona, Platini, Blatter, etc. to do this time and time again?

megamac20817 repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m dying to see Quintero and Scocco for at least 45 minutes in the final.

I’d try something like this

———— Scocco;
    Suarez———Quintero;
    ——-Palacios—-Nacho Fer
    ————Enzo Perez

Alternatively you could place DLC in Suarez’s spot.

I think we need to dominate the midfield a little more vs such a technically skilled side like Fla, so having Quintero in there would give us more possesion. Borre, despite his recent goals, IMO shouldn’t be starting over Scocco, who has been impeccable in his last starts.

Of course unless a surprise happens in the coming weeks, we’ll likely see the same 11 that started vs Boca. It’s a shame because they aren’t necessarily our “best”, but lets just hope whoever starts that day gets up on the right foot

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.