River Plate 2016 Season: La Reestructuracion del Millo [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 23, 2016.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que grandeeee Alonsooooo! Asistencia y gol no bien entra! Grande uruguayooooo, quedate para la copaaaa!

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GRANDE ALONSAURIO!!!! SIEMPRE TE BANQUE URUGUAYO!!!!

Please Battalla don't ******** this up again!!!!

balazsriver10, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OOOOOOO SON LOS COME GATOS SON LOS PUTOS DE ROSARIO

LOS GATOS NO SE COMEEEEN LOS GATOS NO SE COMEEEEEN

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PERDON. Y GRACIAS. SOBRE TODO GRACIAS

The_River_Plate_Napoleon_Gallardo.jpg

Ron Mexico repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vaaaamoooo Riveerrrrrr!! Somos campeones otra vez, la Libertadores nos espera!!! Es para vos bostero, para vos panadero que la miraras por TV nuevamente, y para el jugador del pueblo que ya se quiere escapar a china como su amiguito Gigliotti!

Daaaaleeee campeoooon!

Now back to business -- lets hope we can hold on to Alario for at least 6 more months. This team would be a disaster without him. It's hard to picture a Libertadores campaign without Lucas

Pity Martinez and Nacho Fernandez once again proving that they are not up to River standards. It is a MUST that we bring at the very least one or two top quality offensive midfielders for 2017. Also back-up LBs, CBs, and a DMF are needed right away.

Everything was set for Alonso to return to Nacional, but after his heroic performance today maybe theyll convince him to stay to play the Libertadores. You can make fun of him because of his age, but his football IQ is incredible. Great player to have on the team.

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Holy shit what a final. Alonso I'm sorry for dissing you. :cry:

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vuelve para jugar la Copa?
    Czw4R1oW8AAJdxr.jpg

8. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So he can abandon us in the last stages? No thanks.

9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    As the character Roach said during the skydiving scene in the first Point Break movie, "This is so beautiful. l love this ground-rush shit!!" #RiverVolvióASerRiver

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Oh man I'm fckn hangover, what a match was last night! ¡Dale Campeón!

I'm sad but River has to negotiate a goalkeeper, because Batalla's performance in critical situations is total disaster. I hope we could bring back Vangioni to the left side and sell Pity Martinez in Europe, he is the most annoying player in the team. I've a feeling that Chori Dominguez will come back and we could to keep el Cabezón.

Now River must focus on the Primera Division, we must be in the top 5 teams to qualifie in Copa Sudamericana.

locoxriver repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think with the new year-long format of the libertadorrs we can't be in 2 cups anymore. We would end up in the Sudamericana if we end up in 3rd place in the libertadores group.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Guys is there any new information about D'Alessandro's future?

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He confirmed today that he's returning to Brazil

15. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I don't understand him... He could play 1 or 2 good years in Libertadores, etc after finishing his carreer, but he goes back to brazilian 2. league...

Have you hear any news or speculations from the winter's transfer window?

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was a poorly officiated game, that 2nd penal awarded :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Regardless, Alario showed up once again. Unlike a former gallina who is getting fatter by the day.

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He clearly dragged Alario back. If that happens near the central circle, its a foul, in the box it should be the same.

Lets also not forget on Rosario's first goal, Musto may or may not have fouled Battalla, we have all seen goalkeepers given the protection, to me its not a foul, but I have seen less contact and the referee has blown his whistle, however there is no doubt that he accommodated the ball with his arm which directed towards goal and gave him an easy tap in rather than a more difficult angle.

Also, Ruben IMO, was off sides on their second goal, but we never got a replay of whether he was or not.

Teams like Rosario Central cry all the time, showing that club has a small club/loser mentality. They haven't even won a single trophy since 1987 and the petty attitude of their fans, players, and directors (Lets not forge the scandal the directors started when River went to sign Larrondo and Montoya calling D'Onofrio a traitor when all he was trying to do was sign a player for his) shows just why they can't ever win. They may feel they have gotten some calls against them, but great teams make their own luck (Example- Barovero saving Gigliotti's penalty awarded in the 15th second of Sudamericana Semi or in the last semi, Ponzio had a legit goal ruled out for no reason in the 6th minute, but River persevered and won 3-0 anyway), Rosario Central is not capable of doing that. Lets not forget they also cried and started a riot when they lost to Atletico Nacional in the Copa Libertadores. They are always trying to start some controversy or conspiracy against them

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I said it was a poorly officiated game but please he dragged him down? Come now. Things possibly evened out and perhaps the rightful team won.

I agree with you on the fan base being petty. My family on both sides is mostly canalla and I had to deal with most of their crap for a period of time. But at the end of the day I have always kept my eye on Central. Perhaps, if they win a trophy soon, they'll simmer down.. Nah...:D

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sigue Gallardo! Vammmoooos carajooooo!

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Emelec, Independiente Medellin, and Melgar...

Its not an easy group. We've got to travel long distances. Obviously, not as far as we did when we had to travel to Monterrey twice in 2015, but these are not short flights. The good news is that Emelec is at sea level and not in Quito. Melgar however plays in Arequipa, which is over 2,000 meters above sea level.

So while its not too bad, its disappointing we need to travel so far, not just for our players, but for our fans. I'd love to see River play a Uruguayan team again so we can fill up the Centenario. I'd have loved to see us face Flamengo to see how many fans we'd take to the Maracana.

But overall, we should get 9 points at home then from there scrape a few results on the road to get through. Lets just hope D'Onofrio makes some signings to be able to really make a run

balazsriver10, locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the order of our matches in the Libertadores, the dates will come later:

(V) vs. Independiente Medellín

(L) vs. Melgar

(V) vs. Emelec

(L) vs. Emelec

(V) vs. Melgar

(L) vs. Independiente Medellín

So we have what will be our hardest fixture first, away to Independiente de Medellín. It could mean we start on the back foot, or if we get a draw or even a win, the group will be wide open for us.

22. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I'd say it's an easier group than what San Lorenzo was drawn into. They have to play Flamengo and the reigning champions of Chile in Catolica. Though Catolica will be losing their leading scorer in Nico Castillo to PUMAS of Mexico. DIM is a decent Colombian side, but they're not Nacional, Millonarios, or Santa Fe. Emelec were bounced out of the group stage in this year's Copa Libertadores but will be looking to improve and will have great fan support. Plus, they have former bostero Marcos Mondaini, so you know he'll be motivated to be playing against River. As for Melgar, they're similar to DIM. They're not Universitario, Cristal, or Alianza Lima, but you can bet they'll be motivated. If River don't come out of this group on top, then it'll be a complete failure. They should at least end up anywhere with 12 to 15 points.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  23. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    ¡Feliz Navidad, Millonarios!

Greetings from Hungary my friends!
    [​IMG]

24. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Fernando Cavenaghi retires from football. He is one of the biggest legends of the club and he is in the all time top 10 top scorers of River Plate! Thank you everything crack what you've done for River and all the best for the future. You had a wonderdul and successful career with plenty of goals at River and some other big clubs, you are an idol and exemplar. I'm so thankful to I could see you play and win Libertadores and Championhips with my life's club!
    ¡Gracias Cavegol!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gracias Cavegol! Gracias por volver cuando mas te necesitábamos!

C0t9yHBWQAA4Zce.jpg-large.jpeg

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.