River Plate 2016 Season: La Reestructuracion del Millo [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 23, 2016.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Playing Independiente used to be 3 points guaranteed. I remember even the muerto Pavone scored against them to win.

I don't get why Gallardo thought he should rest so many players. I know that we played Thursday and we've got the Super and then the cup Final... but, damn... in Europe they play 3 times a week and the team barely changes. Is our physical preparation so bad that we need to change the whole team if we play a midweek match?

We should never lose points against those muertos but NEVER. Very disappointing

Also just want to say... Larrondo is a muerto!!!!!

Ron Mexico, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just can't get over this muerto, this pedazo de mierda, Larrondo. Did we sign him because he scored a goal against and declared himself a river fan? Or because we thought he'd strengthen our team? Why couldn't Alario have played tonight? we know he likes to down el Rojo... He did it just a few months ago. Honestly, Larrondo, who is half chilean and a chilean international, looks like another chilean disaster... el "magico" canales... Does this muerto do anything right? He's a disgrace

Ron Mexico and SupaMario repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember him missing a few clear chances that game too... far from a fantastic display, but I guess they were impressed

$3 million for a 28-year-old with virtually no resale value (no european team would buy a player of his age from South America, and no one will pay that much if we sell him within the continent), and to top it off he arrived coming off 5 months of inactivity because of a severe injury.

Plus, he doesn't exactly have an amazing career backing him up either. He was just another one of the bunch in River's youth divisions, didnt live up to expectations in the several small Italian sides he played for (14 goals in 92 games), and failed in his spell at Tigre. He had an admittedly good streak at Central, but nothing more than that.. we're not talking about a player who had a few good, consistent seasons. He just played well for a couple months at most.

It was a big gamble, and so far it doesn't seem to be paying off.. hopefully that changes. Who knows..
    Lollo's case is similar in many aspects, and he has an even worse injury problem, but I feel he has more potential to add to the team.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    $7 million spent between two "broken" players nearing 30 in the same transfer window..

$2.5 million paid for a free agent (Tabare Viudez), who would be given away a year later..

Carlos Sanchez, Barovero, Rojas, and Chichzola all leaving as free agents..

Pezzella sold for 2 million euros..

Cazares being released on a free quietly to Banfield..

Draw your own conclusions.

5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, there's a limit that applies to youth players only. I don't know why clubs in Argentina aren't more proactive about having their players obtain Argentine nationality, it's a really simple procedure and it's possible after just two years in the country.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who would you guys rather have cover the left flank vs Boca... the pibe Olivera or an out-of-position Mayada?

And to think Vangioni has been rotting on the bench in Italy the last six months.. :/

Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I haven't watched much of boca this season but I'd rather have someone there that is more defensive. Mayada is guy I love off the bench.

But that would also mean giving a kid a starting place in the first biggest game of his life in a superclasico.

Tough choice but I'd give Mayada the slight nod.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just read that Lollo isn't advancing well from his injury and will miss the upcoming pre-season. The earliest he could begin training again is February, and that's if there's no setbacks.

Completely ridiculous. Not blaming the guy, because injuries aren't his choice, but rather our dumbass dirigentes for buying two completely broken players for astronomical fees... yet they couldnt find that money when it was time to renew proven players like Carlos Sanchez :rolleyes:

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its really amazing. You spend over 5 million dollars on two broken players yet when Sanchez left for Mexico there was no money to increase his contract :rolleyes: The other thing is, the contract Sanchez was offered by Monterrey wasn't even that astronomical. In fact, River players in the past have made that much. I would have given Sanchez 2 million USD per season, hell even more, and the team would be infinitely better than with Larrondo, who has been pitifully bad and missed an open goal vs Newells and was woeful vs Independiente, and Lollo who hasn't even played yet.

I don't want to be cynical, because I still hold Francescoli in high esteem, but modern football is still about agents and transfer fees. Theres never enough money at River to increase a players salary it seems, and Sanchez isn't the only one. Teo and Rojas are examples during the D'Onofrio regime. We couldn't offer these players a better deal despite the fact that they were proven, and the excuse from the directors is always "We can't compete with the foreigners markets, it depends on if the player wants to stay" yet we never seem to have a problem lashing out huge amounts of cash on these injured muertos, but also the likes of Viudez and Bertolo.

Lets think about the signings made in the D'Onofrio era...

Cavenaghi. His first signing. He was definitely not at his best in his third and final spell with the club, but he was influential for his leadership, and he was massive in the Local Tournament we won under Ramon, and even though he had a more limited role in the Sudamericana and Libertadores this was an amazing signing for what he means to the club. Came on a free

Sanchez and Mora. These signings were more about Gallardo, as they were coming back from loan after Ramon had shipped them out. Both were key signings. We wouldn't have won the Sudamericana or Libertadores without them. Both massive players, but they were signed under DAP, and were just returning from loan so I don't know how much credit if any the directors deserve here.

Piscu. Absolutely fundamental signing. The key man in the Sudamericana run. Goals, set piece assists, everything. Yet, he did come on a free transfer.

Viudez. A complete train wreck of a signing, he did have that one majestic pass to Alario, but other than that he was awful and we paid a massive fee to him.

Bertolo- Horrible. Not even one decent pass or play. Nothing. Worst signing IMO

Mayada- I feel for Camilo. I think he is a decent player, but he has only gotten a handful of games at his preferred position. Yet, he is a good utility guy, lets not forget he started the Libertadores Final at RB as Mercado was suspended

Pity- We paid a lot for him and he has been the most frustrating player. He has scored some wonderful goals (Arsenal, Olimpo, the FK in the Copa Argentina), he won the penalty that Sanchez converted against Boca in the Libertadores, he provided two assists in the last Copa Argentina game, yet he has been inconsistent, and he has yet to put in a trademark performance, but I don't think he has been as bad as we thought when we think that he has actually been decisive.

Alario- Brilliant signing. The man for the big occasions. Don't need to say anymore. Only thing he is missing is a goals against the bosteros, but even without that he has scored some of the biggest goals for River in the last 20 years (Libertadores Semi+Final, CWC Semi, Recopa Final)

Casco- Again we paid a lot for him, and he was awful in the beginning but just when he was improving he got hurt. I'm not gonna hate too much because he showed massive improvement.

D'Alessandro- This has been a good signing because it was cheap and to get a player of his quality is rare in Argentina. However, he has not even had a 1/10th of the impact that say, Maxi Rodriguez, has at Newell's despite the fact they are the same age. We will see if he can sink the bosteros and canallas

Morerira- Started off so well but has hit a brick wall in a sense. He took advantage of the fact that no one knew him. He looked like a combination of Dan Alves and Cafu in his first few matches, since then he's been poor but there is time.

Mina- He started off spectacularly, then also declined a bit. Still, it was a good signing because without him we'd be completely screwed with no other senior center backs

Lollo/Larrono- Disastrous both of them. Unforgivable by the directors.

So overall, I'd say that D'Onofrio has hit a home run on the free transfers, and the cheap D'Alessandro loan, but anytime he has broken out the checkbook he has failed miserably.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Or how Pezzella was sold for 2 million, and then we buy broken Lollo for 3. :rolleyes:

But aaaannnnyyyywaaaaayyyy.... a ganar el domingo! Vamos River carajooooo

Ron Mexico repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have two hopes for this game. Number one, is that we win. And BIG. 3-0 nothing would be good. Number two, is that tevez does not ruin the career of any our players like he did with Unsain and Hamm.

So, while i made a truce with the bosteros, that doesn't mean i forget... tiraste gas... abandonaste, lo suspendiste porque no tenes aguante! Lo suspendiste porque no tenes aguante! (Ese papelon, no se olvida NUNCA)

Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Todos los domingos a la tarde yo vengo a alentarte!!!!!!! Venimos' aguantando los trapos para verte a vo' !!!! al fin va a decir el que escribe los diarios... QUE RIVER ES EL MAS GRANDE DE TODOS Y NUNCA ABANDONO!!!!!

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Si Si Si señores yo soy de river....si si si señores de corazón, que este año de acá de nuñez de acá de nuñez sale el nuevo campion.

VAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It just had to be Bou's lame ass.

17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gol!!!!!!

Driussi going to open the flood gates. :cool:

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    TIRARON GAS PARA ABANDONAR UN PARTIDO.... Lesionaron a nuestros jugadores.... Destruyen el barrio de nunez cada vez que vienen a nuestro barrio, y lastiman a la gente común, son mala gente!!!! NI OLVIDO NI PERDON. Hoy tomamos venganza!!!!!!!!

19. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shit! Last 2 goals were completely Batalla's fault. He was doing so great until those fvck-ups!!:mad:

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "El arquero se asusta"

Carlos Tevez explicó cómo fue la jugada en la que le ganó la pelota a Batalla y terminó en el 2 a 2 parcial del superclásico. "Yo voy a muerte a cada pelota", contó Carlitos.

---

In other words, Carlitos admits that he gave poor Batalla flashbacks of the Unsain incident.

[​IMG]

Really, though, what a horrible mistake from the pibe... It's a shame because when that goal happened, we were so close to the third. If Alario had woken up a bit more precise, we could have even been heading towards a fourth even.

After that, Boca randomly found the third goal due to Tevez's unstoppable shot, and later the fourth in injury time when River was desperately seeking the tie, even playing the CB as a CF. Far from a dominating performance by the bosteros, as they like to believe it was, but obviously a good win for them.

It's a shame Gallardo took D'Alessandro out so early... he was playing his best game since his return.

Moreira I liked.. He contributed a lot offensively, and his crosses are great. Defensively he didn't do much, but that's kind of to be expected. I've heard a lot of critiques about his performance last night, but to me he did well.

Pity was useless in the first half, but played muuuuch better the second 45. Even though I think he is a talented player who actually brings something to the team, I still see him as a sub to bring a spark when needed. However, we need someone more versatile and active in the starting line-up.

Nacho Fernandez I like, but never fully convinces me. Good player, but I don't know if he's up to River's standards. Could be a star for a San Lorenzo or Velez, but we just might need someone a step above him. Also, if we're going to be playing with such offensive players like Martinez and D'Alessandro on the wing, we're going to need someone with more defensive contributions in his position... Ponzio was waaaaay too alone in midfield, allowing Boca to reach our final third without any problems.

The poor pibe Olivera wasn't ready yet, but you can't blame him. I wonder if he'll repeat vs Central or if Mayada will return.

I want to see more Andrade.. He always shows glimpses of his talent when given a chance.

Lastly, it looks like Ponzio suffered an injury and is in doubt for Thursday's game. :\

Now we have no choice but to beat Central. I have no problem losing the Superclasico if we qualify for the Libertadores, but if we lose on Thursday we will begin 2017 mid-table in the league and with no international competitions to play the whole year. For the first time in his tenure, Gallardo would be questioned. Let's hope our boys get the win so everything can return back to normal quickly.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dejate de joder Batalla, lpmqlrp!!!

Ron Mexico repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pity's soooo useless

Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #298 RiverGaucho, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    If we lose this game, we all need to go demand the resignations of Gallardo, Francescoli, D'Onofrio, Patanian, and Brito. This is disgraceful. Playing a Final with 3 of the back 5 under the age of 21. Its absolutely UNFORGIVABLE. That and Maidana is playing TERRIBLY too.

Injuries can happen, but you had no reserve left back, no reserve right back, and NO back up center backs over the age of 21 since Lollo doesn't count. That and you have a 20 year old goalie with a disaster as his back up named Bologna. All this is the fault of the directors.

Now the fact that the team has no confidence and was humiliated by Boca is the fault of GALLARDO, because the same thing happened against Defensa y Justicia, Arsenal, San Martin de San Juan, and maybe a few other games I don't remember. Attitude reflects leadership!

Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Muñe -- bring in Andrade for Pity damn it!

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ahhh no, que mal este pibe batalla mamita