River Plate 2014-15 Season: El Equipo del Muñeco [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jul 16, 2014.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Parece que pidio el cambio!! duele verlo asi

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    si asi es- pidio el cambio por su mal rendimiento. Estaba cagado. Pobre! Realmente una pena

GIGANTE BAROVERO!!!

3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, it was ugly but we are through. If Independiente lose tomorrow then we got Huracan next. If not we got Sp. Luqueño which should be tough defensively.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That might have been the worst game since Gallardo took over. It was awful in every aspect. Balanta was a train wreck, but the defense didn't improve much when he came out. Every set piece was a complete nightmare. I've never seen a Gallardo team look like that. We need to work in training on how to defend as a unit.

It will also be a huge boost to get Alario back. Neither Mora nor Driussi could hold the ball up to give the defense a rest. Mora had a few chances to hold onto it, and he just immediately went for the gambeta. Alario will be key.

Got to keep the faith in the team. We are close to another final, but we need to improve

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering we almost got taken out by Chapocoense, we can't take anyone likely, but it is relieving not to see any "big names" left in the tournament, unlike like last year when it was us, bosta, sao paulo, and atletico nacional.

I don't see Independiente going through- i think the final will be us vs. Santa Fe which will be a hell of a difficult series.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    29 years ago today, with a goal from Juan Gilberto Funes, River won our first Libertadores of our history with Beto Alonso, Antonio Alzamendi, Tolo Gallego, Nery Pumpido, el Negro Enrique, Oscar Ruggeri, and other giant players and el Bambino Vera as the coach. One of the best teams of all time in my opinion that won every trophy it participated in- that and the team sold its best player- Enzo Francescoli, the top scorer of the Argentine league in the 85-86 season- before the Libertadores even began. Fun fact, in this cup, River eliminated Boca... Sound familiar? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The rosadas are the worst thing in this world...
    i would like the final agaisnt them because it will be in my city.......but i will hate if that bitches reach to the finals

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So basically you're saying Santa Fe is the Boca of Colombia?

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nacional is worse.

santa fe es el hijo bobo fastidioso.

10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Welcome back Alario!!!:thumbsup:

locoxriver and pepinointer repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Way better second half from the team. Alario was clutch, Pity made some good runs, Bertolo continues to suck but I'm worried about Ponzio. Hopefully it's nothing too serious to be ready for Huracan.

Also, I feel so bad about Saviola. Dude missed that easy tap-in in the second half that was very heart breaking.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Off: My cousin will be the linesman tonight @ Barcelona - Bate CL match :)

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Casco is complete garbage. The first thing they teach you is never try and clear the ball towards the center of the field, and he did it and cost us an inexplicable goal. He did it again later and nearly cost us another. He also had two chances to equalize, once he hit into the centenario alta the other he tried to pass when 1 v 1. In all seriousness, we need to get rid of this guy before next season. He was every bit as bad as Balanta was in Brazil, maybe worse.

Pity Martinez with another HORRENDOUS effort. Absolutely horrible. Nearly gifted Huracan a goal with a terrible back pass. Just put his head down and tried to dribble past 5 players every time he got the ball. He didn't get by one guy all night.

Driussi was invisible the 45 minutes he played. Why did he play over Lucho? Does anyone besides Gallardo get why?

No one played well, but those three were completely terrible. On another level of bad. I would have any of them even on the bench in the 2nd leg.

The whole team lacked cohesion, there was no interplay until Viudez hit a groove the last 15-20 minutes and Lucho got on the ball more and started to calm things down and play short passes instead of just hoofing up field.

I'm pretty furious about this result and Gallardo has to get some of the blame. Not just for the poor choices in the starting xi, but in the lack of any attacking ideas, the lack of partnerships and association on the field until the game was already lost. Poor marking on set pieces again. What is this team doing all week in training?

Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1665 Ron Mexico, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    What a shit end to the season. Everybody sucked ass especially Solari, even Mammana screwed up big time. Only good thing I saw was Vangioni who's thankfully back.

Bad week for River fans as Boquita got 2 cups while our players are sucking ass at the moment. :(

We need to beat the Balooners to head to the Copa final to salvage this shit season and get some momentum for the CWC.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The thing these matches are showing us is just how much dead wait need to get cut before the next season, Solari first and foremost.

I'm also tired of so many pibes being labeled "cracks" then producing absolutely nothing. Today was a dead rubber match, there should have been no pressure, and all our pibes sucked. Abel Casquete looked lazy and like he just didn't care, Mammanna made another costly error- which is a recurring theme in his game going back to the Sudamericano Sub 20, the kid Palacios missed a wide open goal after a brilliant move from Vangioni. Seriously, when are we going to have a pibe come through and tear it up again? To think we, myself including, used to rip on Lanzini back in the day, yet Lanzini at 17 when Cappa threw him in the deepend provided assists and later we all know how good he was under Ramon. What we would give for a Lanzini type player right now. I still remember his debut against Tigre and he showed more that day than all the kids we have now. And lets not even talk about the magic Lamela showed.

I look at Newell's and the amount of pibes they have, Denis Rodriguez- Maxi's cousin- tore us a part. When was the last time Driussi or Pity Martinez had a game half that good? I remember Driussi getting a few goals (golazo against Banfield for one) and playing well against Boca, but the last 6 months he's been shit. Pity Martinez was so promising in the beginning i remember his 2 assist against Sarmiento in week 1 and we all thought we had a crack on our hands. Since then he has 3 or 4 good moments (penalty vs. boca, golazo vs arsenal, golazo vs olimpo) and the rest have been downright shitty games, especially last game against Huracan.

There are a lot of problems at River right now and a lot falls on Gallardo, but the players need to take responsibility. If they aren't up to it, put them in the reserves or ship them out. If they sent out Simeone and Boye and put Cirigliano in the reserves, theres no reason they same can't and shouldn't be done with others.

As I was talking with my friend, this is River, this isn't San Lorenzo who was content with one Libertadores and the rest didn't matter. Especially when you consider the previous 2 times we won the Libertadores, it served as a springboard for bigger and better things. In 1986, it lead to the Copa Intercontinental and the Copa Interamericana, in 1996 it led to 3 straight local championships and the Supercopa that was arguably harder to win than the Libertadores itself... Meanwhile with this team, we can count on one hand how many good games our team has played since we lifted the cup.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Feliz Cumpleaños a un idolo. Mi idolo. Un caballero dentro y fuera de la cancha. Gracias, Enzo

th.jpeg

Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.
  18. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    [​IMG]

pepinointer and RiverGaucho repped this.
  19. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    OFF:

My country, Hungary will play the second play off match againist Norway tonight (we won the first match in Norway 1-0) and Hungary could qualify to the European Cup 2016 (Hungary was in the World Cup last time in 1986, after that nothing World Cup, nothing European Cup, so my country will be so happy if we could qualify tonight), so I wanna ask you guys to be a Hungary-fan tonight! :)

¡Vamos River!

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cheers!!! i will enjoy the nation of puskas and hot women (loved budapest)!! a lot in the euro wc!

21. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Hahaha thank u so much my friend!

Attached Files:

22. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    It was f*ckin' strange to se playing Teo and FM6/Mercado againist each other. :)

23. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how do you get it??

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team for tomorrow's must-win Copa match:

[​IMG]

No Piscu ( :( ), Tabare Viudez, or Saviola due to injuries.. The surpise is Mayada starting on the left rather than Pity..

VAMOS CAMPEON!!

Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.