River Plate 2014-15 Season: El Equipo del Muñeco [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jul 16, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now that the World Cup is over, time to focus back on el millo.

After a season filled with glory returning to titles under the command of Ramon Diaz, we begin a new chapter with Marcelo "el Muñeco" Gallardo at helm.

Veteran Ledesma out, young talents like Keko and Chichizola too..

Pisculichi in.. Aimar also?

SE VIENE EL EQUIPO DEL MUNECO.........
    SENORAS Y SENORES.,................... SE VIENE RIVER, EL MAS GRANDE DE TODOS!

Heres to an even more successful 2014-15 season!

[​IMG]

VAMOS CAMPEON!

2. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    It was so difficult to get this beer in Hungary (Europe), but I HAVE it!
    VAMOS RIVER CARAJO, VAMOS CAMPEÓN!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Toro89

Toro89 Member+

Jul 6, 2014
    Southern Italy
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Saludos desde Italia, amigos! Good luck for next season! :D
    [​IMG]
    Forza River & Toro

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River vs. Ferro tonight in Salta for the Copa Argentina... The debut for el Muñeco Gallardo in official competition.

Since River is already in the 2015 Copa Libertadores, there's not a huge necessity to win this trophy, but after Bosteros got embarrassed by Huracan last night, this Copa Argentina has taken on new importance in my eyes. First of all, its a trophy to win, and it would further the suffering of the primos. Its also a nice piece of cash for a club in financial ruin.

Saldy, el Muñeco's line up isn't exactly inspiring...

Barovero; Solari, Maidana, Funes Mori, Vangioni; Sanchez, Ponzio, Ferreyra; Lanzini; Mora y Boyé o Driussi

I am not excited to seeing Malevo or Ponzio, but it will be interesting to see Sanchez' return, he's a frustrating player, but I've always like him and he's shown a great passion for River, I think he could have rediscovered his form in Mexico, where he did very well and even took the penalties for Puebla (yea can you imagine Sanchez taking penalties for River, LOL!)

Also Boyé seems like a really interesting prospect. From what I've read about him, he's big, strong, and really good in the air. Driussi is very young I know, but I haven't been impressed at all by him... He seems like Aguero at the world cup, more interested in hairstyles and tattoos than playing... That said he is a talent and could turn around, but tonight I'd like to see Boye

locoxriver and balazsriver10 repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would have liked to see Pisculichi start, but oh well..

How's this Boye kid? Never seen him play..

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Me either, just read in Olé he was like a typical "german" forward because he's big and strong, i think he's 1.88 M... But yea i would have wanted to see Piscu, but apparently Gallardo wants to make sure he's 100% for the Torneo starting in a week

Either way the most important thing is...

BthOapgIgAAAuTJ.jpg

locoxriver and balazsriver10 repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Last minute change to the formation apparently...

Barovero; Solari, Maidana, Funes Mori, Vangioni; Driussi, Ponzio,Ferreyra; Lanzini; Andrada y Boye

Woah, Muñeco going all out with the pibes...

balazsriver10 repped this.
  8. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Can I watch the game @ futbolparatodos? Or they televise only the championship?

9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Boye at 1.88? Damn! Can't wait to see that dude.
    Can't wait for a new year of River Plate!!
    I am so excited guys!!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you think of Augusto (Solari) Gaucho ? Any chance he might be good as his uncle or grandpa ? Good to see the kids in action. Where is Kranevitter and Pezzella at the moment ?

11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here's hoping Boye continues to knock them in for the seniors at some point. :)

Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Augusto is no where near his uncle, but he's still good. He started off as a winger/right midfielder but he has basically become a right back. I really like him as a player, and I think he has been a revelation as a right back, but the problem for him its Mercado's position... Solari has done well, but we can't deny Mercado scored some vital goals for us and he's also one of the highest paid players on the team. As soon as he's back, Augusto will be back on the bench sadly, but by all accounts Mercado won't be back til mid august so Augusto will get some games

Kranevitter is on the bench, I don't think there's a River fan who would prefer Ponzio to Krane, but Gallardo seems to value Ponzio's experience (or maybe its the million dollar contract he's on :rolleyes:)

Pezzella is on the bench. He scored the goal that won us the Copa Campeonato against San Lorenzo, but truth be told, he's never been the same since he returned from injury. He could still be a very useful player and he's a valuable servant to the club, but as far as the path he was on to being a future captain of the seleccion seems unlikely. :(

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We got through on penalties...

Really liked Boye and I though Solari was pretty good too. Pisculichi definitely looks interesting, but he's clearly not in shape.

We also saw today how much we miss Teo. Lanzini needs someone who understands his play and who can come play with him and give him 1-2's.

I hope Gallardo also realizes that the Driussi-Ponzio-Ferreyra midfield experiment needs to end now.

Overall, I didn't like the performance, but we went through, and we have Colon next round which is another "winnable" game

Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I didn't think we played that badly. Although, we weren't creating anything offensively we maintained most of the possession and played our game most of the time. But at least we have a defense that played solid when Ferro did have their moments.

I liked Mora in the few minutes he was in, hopefully he continues to regain form. (baby steps, y'all)
    Boye looked really good considering it was his first game. Actually made Andrada look like crap who was lost half the time.
    Also, I never thought I'd be glad to see Rojas coming in after that horrible Ponzio performance, though.

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is how I would form the team:

Teo/Boye/Driussi - Lanzini;
    Pisculichi;
    Rojas - Krannevitter - Carlos Sanchez;
    Vangioni - Balanta - Maidana - Solari (Mercado when fit);
    Barovero

BAM!

Rojas can be switched with Ponzio, but regardless of who it is could play as a double 5 next to Kranneviter, allowing Vangioni to take control of the left flank.

Sanchez on the right would add more width to the team.

Pisculichi (great game today, btw) as 10 would allow Lanzini to play more up front in his ideal position (imo), while Teo could play as the sole 9 and be subbed by Cavenaghi in the second half when he's fit and ready to return..

Fast, wide players to center the ball from the sides (Sanchez / Vangioni)...
    Good, organized passers in the middle (Pisculichi / Krannevitter / Rojas)..

Technically gifted individuals up front (Lanzini / Piscu / Teo), yet still a defensive counterbalance.

Do it Muneco, do it!

16. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Well that's the biggest issue, at least my eyes. Difficult to score a goal if you barely create chances.

17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This makes sense for the team but I doubt Cavenaghi would like this plan. The guy probably thinks he can still play a full 90. I don't think he would be happy being relegated as a super sub.

Which would mean either Pisculichi or Lanzini would probably fight for the playmaker role.

18. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone has the posta regarding Trezeguet? Can´t come around the idea of letting him go so easily.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Basically it was his disagreement with cavenaghi and the directors didn't want to cause any problems in the dressing room. Its a real shame, but at least it looks like we're keeping Teo. Trezeguet would be useful off the bench, but if i had to choose between Teo or David at this point in their careers, i'd go with teo without thinking twice

Interesting, David is going to play in India now. I wish him all the best and i'd definitely welcome him back as a coach or director in the future

20. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see.
    I agree with Teo, even though he might still leave. All it takes is a serious offer. As for Cave, I would have rather kept Trezeguet. I love el torito and appreciate everything he has done for us, but he is out of shape and can´t picture him being fit ever again.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There I have to disagree with you. Cavenaghi still scored 8 goals last tournament and took pain killing injections to play the last half of the season. Once he recovers from this injury, he will be an effective forward. He is also only 30 years old, David is 36 and barely played for Newell's last season he was so injured and lost his place to a 16 year old.

Would David have been useful as a second half sub? Of course, he still has quality, and he's still a player i'll always love and admire, but Cavenaghi long term is a much, much better option

22. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope you are right. He does have the leadership skills. I just don´t think he is good enough atm to be River´s starting forward.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Confirmed, our debut will be the 10th of August in La Plata against Gimnasia at 21.30 Buenos Aires time. It appears that each round of matches will just be pushed back a week in the aftermath of Grondona's death, so one would assume we'd play Rosario Central at home on the 17th...

In between these two rounds we play the Copa Argentian in San Luis against Colon on the 13th, will be interesting to see how Gallardo handles the squad with 3 games in a week so early in the season

Meanwhile, I'm pretty pissed that the fecha is suspended a week... Sure, it benefits River as it gives Piscu, Teo, Balanta, and some others who incorporated late a chance to get fit, but i was so pumped to see River and the tournament in general, as there are some other teams i'm going to be keeping my eye on especially Banfield, which is basically a River B team (though I wouldn't be surprised if they finished above us in the table to be honest)

Bascially, I took my break from football after the world cup not even reading about anything or watching tyc or espn or fox... but now im ready!!! and the tournament gets suspended... as a friend said, we should play 3 fechas in one weekend to celebrate

Haste muerto Grondona nos sigue cagando!

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La verdad q me chupa un huevo si teo solo se queda porque no le llego ninguna oferta jugosa desde el viejo continente... Teo es #Crack

Teo-beso-escudo-practica-hoy_OLEIMA20140801_0121_5.jpg

balazsriver10 repped this.