Rivalry in the making. The St. Louis Suckfaces

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, we can just close this thread now right?

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why?

3. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Jeff, you just know that guy becomes a Chiefs fan in the fall. ;)

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously not what I meant. As I said, I was making fun of your statement that "Kansas City have been winning silverware for 14 years", as though you'd won more than one championships and two lesser trophies. Yes, winning a double (and I would suggest that the Open Cup and the MLS Cup are the true double, not the shield and the MLS Cup, but to be honest, I'm not sure what the mainstream MLS opinion is on that.) is an accomplishment, but don't act like you've done anything more than win silverware in more than two of those fourteen years.

5. Falsify

Falsify Member

Jul 28, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Columbia, MO which is between KC and ST. Louis.

I find the idea of two Missouri MLS teams very awesome and very fitting given the environment we grew up under. Every kid in mid Missouri has played on a soccer team at on point in their life. :rolleyes:

yay for I-70 Rivalry!

6. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Now, now. Take it easy on the poor mentally challenged individuals from the crime capital of the USA. Their local baseball team - you know, the one our Royals pummeled in the World Series so long ago - just went 0-7 on a road trip; the worst in recent Cardinals history (I heard). Now they sit 5 games behind the fairly ordinary Cubs. Deadbirds.

Wow, it must be tough there. The barbecue sucks, they can't play high school football for crap, Illinois gets crushed by the Tigers, the pro team has a Rose Bowl float for an owner, there is no basketball, UMSL is horrible in everything, the Cardinals suck, and the Blues would be a national embarassment with overpriced seats if everyone here cared about hockey - they are a national embarassment in Canada. Two Canadiens in about a month over breakfast talking about the local side--->
    "They have a roadie at St. Lou, unh?"
    "Yaah, 2 points, eh."
    "Yaah, wish they were in our division."
    "Yaah, better them than the Ducks and Sharks, eh?"
    "Yaah."

I guess there is the Bowling Hall of Fame in town. I'm sure that draws the upper crust of humanity. Someone better check to see if the arch is still standing...didn't they have an elevator problem recently?!?

St. Louis is the heavily dingleberried hairy ass of Missouri and there isn't enough TP in the world to handle the job.

I hope StL gets a team, KC can use the 6 points every year.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fair point, but lines like the one below make it worth reading the boring crap in between.

8. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Better to have it here than in the other threads.

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Any post that invokes the word dingleberries makes the whole thread worthwhile :D

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I'd like to express that the person I am about to refute is perhaps the most ridiculously stupid person I have ever seen in my life. NEVER BEFORE have I heard such idiocy. Not from anybody- President Bush, Jessica Simpson, not even Miss South Carolina. NOBODY even comes close to the idiocy displayed in such a post.

...What the f uck have the Royals done in 20 f ucking years? Please tell me? What gall do you have to suggest that the Cardinals suck, when we did something in the last calendar year which you've only done ONCE in ETERNITY. And calling us deadbirds? Well, who is more dead, stupidass? Us or the Royals, who haven't been in playoff contention for YEARS? When was the last time they were within 5 games of a division lead this far into the season? Was it in this decade? You are truly an embarrassment to the human race to make such a point.

Wow, your sh1t town is known for ONE thing, barbecue, and so you have to brag about it by saying the rest of us suck at it. Sure. Congratulations. Tell you what, you can have it. We'll take the fact that we're respected far more than KC.

Wow, great point. Illinois, a team that plays in Champagne, ILLINOIS, loses to a team that plays in Columbia, MISSOURI. And somehow this is one of your insults to the city of St. Louis? Great point, rain man. You truly are one of the stupidest people on these boards.

Yeah, and she's brought us more Super Bowl titles than you've had in forty years. We win.[/quote]

You can't be serious... you can't possibly be. Have you noticed that KC DOESN'T HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM EITHER?!?! And if you're including college, SLU is better than anything the city of KC has. You get dumber with every point you attempt to make.

LOL, yeah, we all give a sh1t how UMSL does. :rolleyes: You're truly grasping for stuff here. What the hell does UMKC have other than a good dentistry school? Nothing.

Yeah, you already tried that one, and it didn't work because you're so stupid.

First of all, once again, YOU DON'T HAVE A TEAM. Secondly, yeah, we were bad for two years. Great. This doesn't make us anything worse than that- a bad team. Every team has a bad season or two. (or in the Royals' case, about twenty.) Sh1t, the Blues made the playoffs for twenty-something years in a row- about the amount of times the Royals HAVEN'T made the playoffs in a row. But we've consistently been one of the best-supported teams in the country. No Canadians slag off our support. You are FAR out of your element. Plus, you probably just made that story up since you're a classless dumbass.

HILARIO LOLZOLZOZLLZOLZLZ GOOD ONE OMG UR SO FUNNY. :| What kind of a stupidass insults a city for having a hall of fame? Should we be embarrassed that we have the Bowling Hall of Fame? I don't typically brag about it being here, but it's better than NOT having the Bowling Hall of Fame. And the fact that you're trying to suggest we're bad because we have it is unbelievably desperate.

LOL, now you're taking shots at us for having the best monument in the midwest. What the fu ck have you got? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Just absolute brilliant wit here, Jerry Seinfeld. What a hilarious thing to say. Watch this: KANSAS CITY R TEH POOP. Wow, we can all make poop jokes, can't we? I guess that makes us all comic geniuses. Hopefully NBC saw this thread; they might just give you your own sitcom based solely on that comment. After all, anybody who says something so hilariously clever and witty MUST be the funniest person in the world. Why, you're the next Carrot Top! Can you hit me with a fart joke too? That would really make my day.

11. KC outlaws

KC outlaws New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    O-Town
    WOW, can't wait until the first actually game is played and all that bad blood spills over onto the pitch. Good times to come for sure.

12. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You beat me to it....my thoughts exactly. Some of these insults are getting really stupid.

13. KC Frostbite

KC Frostbite Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Raymore, Mo
    The worst is when a St. Louis person roots for KU!

Good for you.

I personally used to absolutely love the rivalry between St. Louis and KC in indoor and miss it. I would go to as many home and away as possible. (Also Wichita)

Frost

14. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

Waddayamean, you Funky-butt-nugget.:D

15. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehehe....this thread is starting to feel like a name-calling contest on the playground in grade school!
    IS NOT
    IS TOO
    IS NOT
    IS TOO

:p

16. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm waiting for the inevitable "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense. It's airtight I tells ya!

17. broder

broder Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Mission
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you've never met sir alexi lalas.

you seem to dismiss past accomplishments as irrelavent, like our 3 trophies, he's doing the same here. Right now you guys suck, he is pointing that out. Reading comprehension.

we also have fountains. you have this [​IMG]

I'll take the dingleberries joke over this.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point.

Yeah, except our "past accomplishments" occurred when most of the people on this board were alive. In fact, they happened months ago, instead of decades ago.

Wow, you guys can't stop with the whole murder thing, even though I've been downtown and to north county thousands of times and have never encountered an incident. Plus, Kansas city is BARELY safer than St. Louis. The points you guys are making are not clever, nor are they relevant.

I wouldn't expect anything more of you- I shouldn't have said it in the first place; clearly Kansas Citizens can't possibly sense sarcasm.

19. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you a Soccer Tom sockpuppet?

St. Louis is also known for producing one the biggest piece of crap. Matt "I now roof houses" Mckeon. Should have taken the pay cut man.

20. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and the pot calls the kettle black. :rolleyes:

21. broder

broder Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Mission
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you wouldn't expect anything less from people with an inferiority complex.

22. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, racist much? I mean if _I_ were the pot I would call the kettle dark or having a saturation of 0 or even having a color resembling the color black (nevermind that black really isn't a color)... but here you go bringing race into it.

/Disclaimer: The above comment was meant to be taken as being said in a sarcastic manner. I did not actually intend to imply the user named 'cjgwizard' is racist in any way nor that there was in fact any racial meaning to the comment made by said user. I did, however, intend to imply that I do not technically think black is a color but would like to, at this time, point out that I find it acceptable to use the concept of black in this manner despite it's obvious deficencies in such a role.

I would also like to express my opinion that not all pots are in fact of a black-like color and that I hold the same opinion about kettles as well. I believe that it is well known that many pots are made in a variety of colors, esp. 'Le Creuset'.

Le Creuset is a registered trademark of Le Creuset Corporation, France
    (end Disclaimer)

Just felt like I needed to put the disclaimer in so that people didn't get confused.

23. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious. At what point did I miss any sarcasm? Please inform me.

24. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    The whole thread. You are taking this way too seriously.

25. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    To draw the ire of both sides in this debate, I would like to note that both cities are fine places to live and to have an MLS team.

Signed,

Nate Brinson -
    Charter Member of the Peace Love And Understanding Coalition of St. Louis/Kansas City.