Rivalry in the making. The St. Louis Suckfaces

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow, I didnt realize that the other 6 billion people that didnt live in KC live in St. Louis. It must be getting a little crowded. :cool:

2. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're talking sh!t about us actually winning three trophys? You've got to be kidding me. Seriously. There are teams in this league that havent even come close to winning any, at all.

3. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    both KC fans and StL fans sound so ********ing stupid in this thread

4. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remind me: how many KC natives are in the USMNT player pool? I count five St. Louisans...not seeing any KC boys, though...

Please, tell us about all the great St. Louis-bred players who have jumped ship to play in KC. I know a lot of St. Louis high schoolers and SLU players have gone on to play in Europe, but I'm drawing a blank on this supposed exodus to KC. Enlighten me.

You guys have had an MLS team for many years now. How many people show up to watch it? What is everybody else waiting for?

St. Louis might be 14 years behind you in MLS terms, but I'll bet you anything you want that we'll surpass the Wizards in attendance immediately.

The Wizards exist for one reason only. It starts with "L" and ends with "amar Hunt".

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as you can clearly see, it was viewed in the way as it was intended after it was immediately posted; if you read the responses, it was taken as it was: light hearted. Then Denkinger was brought up.

Yeah, clearly that's what I meant. The point here is, I guarantee, if everybody in the country had to choose one or the other, well over three quarters would select St. Louis.

No, I'm talking sh1t about the poster suggesting that KC have been "winning silverware for 14 years", as though the three trophies they've won (only one of them being a major piece of silverware) will be impossible to surmount.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    A future St. Louis Sloppy Seconds fan

[​IMG]

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A: Good thing there are no hoosiers in KC. :rolleyes:

B: [​IMG]

8. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, please. Don't brag about something you were handed on a platter. KC had the good fortune to be home to a billionaire who happened to own a football stadium and had a vision for soccer in the USA. The Wiz were a bone thrown to a rich guy to keep him happy and involved.

Do you honestly think the Wiz would be in this league under any other circumstances? If your answer is along the lines of "KC is a world-class soccer town blah blah blah," please explain why the Wiz are drawing 9K a game this year.

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice argument. The only reason any sports team exist is because of it's owner.

10. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really don't get what I was saying? Really? Here it is again, slower this time:

Lamar Hunt was one of the founding visionaries and money men behind MLS. He also happened to own a stadium in Kansas City. MLS needed stadiums. MLS needed money men. So Lamar Hunt got his KC team - not because the city is a huge market or a great soccer town, but because he owned a stadium there that sits empty 355 days a year.

Again: if I'm wrong, if the Wiz exists because there's a huge fan base and it's a great city for the league to be in, explain why the Wiz is perennially at or near the bottom of the league in attendance.

This oughtta be good...

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Why wouldn't we brag about having a billionaire decide KC was a perfect market for the only professional soccer team in Missouri?

Our new KC based local ownership group makes Cooper look like a welfare case. Maybe if he's nice, we'll put that nice stadium rendering on layaway for you. You better hope MLS never gets rid of the cap.

But, as we all know, the main reason your team doesn't exist is because God hates you and your town. Collinsville, the horseradish capital of the world, was as close as he could get before the stench got too bad.

13. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. You all sound like little children.

Come on, fellow Wizard-ites. You are castigating the St. Louis fan for trolling, but look at the freaking thread title. You asked for it.

I lived in Missouri for nine years and love both cities. Lots of fun stuff to do in both. Living in Columbia was the best of both worlds, I could visit both places easily. Had great fun going to games at both Kauffman and Busch.

But again, I'm not a native of either. You apparantly have your issues. So I'll leave you alone now and let you deal with them in the way that seems best to you.

14. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Because you play in the inferior National League. And head to head, the all time series is 29-23 Cardinals over Royals. You're 6+ on the supposed "laughing stock" of baseball the last few years. Go ahead and pop the Boone's Farm. Most Cards fans seems to think the series is more like 116-4 in their favor. Not really worth ANY bragging rights in my opinion.

Well, since your team began 87 years before ours, I would expect you to have more championships. It's kind of like Europe mocking the U.S. for their lack of medieval architecture.

1969. Both the Rams and Chiefs have one Lombardi Trophy. We're pretty disappointed by this, thus we hardly brag about it, but you're the one who brought it up. Also, this is kind of a non-argument since there was no such thing as a "Rams fan" ten years ago. And since there were 10,000+ Chiefs fans at the Edward Jones Dome for the game last season, it seems there still aren't any. I expect Portland to have your franchise by 2020. Oh, and the St. Louis Rams have never beaten the Chiefs in the regular season (4-0).

Not really worth bringing up, but we hope to have a team soon.

Hardley. You've gotten yourself a trophy, but we've yet to be inpressed with your franchise on this side of the state. Maybe if you got out of that **********-dome, your team would toughen up.

Barely. Once again, the Cards aren't all that impressive to us. I'm positive that we will take the head-to-head series lead in the next few seasons.

I was in St. Louis last season for the Blues/Avs game, and I was on an elevator with a guy who went off on me about the '85 series. I said, "You just WON the series last season. Let it go." His response was (no shit), "I don't care as much about that. But the '85 series REALLY pissed me off." Take that for what it's worth, but like usual, instead of picking an opportune time to brag to a KC fan about their latest accomplishment, the St. Louis fan reverts to form and turns into a whiny bitch.

Whatever. Like many of our head-to-head encounters, we expect to pound you guys quite often, and for you to: A) never acknowledge it, or B) blame Kermit Quisenberry for missing the offsides call. :rolleyes:

15. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, are KC fans not happy that St. Louis will be in MLS? I mean, it's an easy road trip. I would think this would be cause for celebration.

16. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have nothihg else to do. It's a slow day at work.

I'm psyched for it. Mainly because of the distance, and it creates this kind of irrelevant banter.

On a completely unrelated note, my grandmother was Miss East St. Louis 1957. :)

17. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, I understand that. But it is still a case of an owner founding a team. Just like Cooper is the reason you will have a team. It's a ridiculous argument.

Anyway, when you actually are granted a team. Actually beat us and win a meaningful game come back and then you might have some valid points to make. Until then, try not to get shot.

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    It's a rivalry thread, and we're having fun with it. I already welcomed them to the league (possibly prematurely), now it's time to hate. Any turncoat Cardinal fans we have in our city can ignore the thread.

19. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh huh huh, good one. I notice nobody's even trying to justify the Wiz's pathetic attendance. I'd be careful throwing around terms like "welfare case" - if it weren't subsidized by MLS through the single-entity system, the Wiz would've folded long ago.

20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, I have been wanting them to get a team just for the reason that we will actually have a true rival and have fans to talk sh!t back and forth to and the easy road trip.

21. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, quite the opposite. I haven't noticed anyone posting or saying that they aren't excited about the possibility of St. Louis getting a team...and the potential for a great rivalry and close road trips.

22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Even though I hate to admit it in this thread, I grew up a Cardinals fan. I could care less about baseball anymore though.

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We have valid reasons for low attendance this season and the 2 years prior. If you arent aware of our situation then thats your problem.

If our attendance is still low when our World Class SSS opens then bash all you want. Until then, come up with something creative please.

24. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But again, we've actually got a team for people to hang attendance jokes on. For all of St. Louis' alleged "soccer-hotbed"-ness, you don't have the two key factors - Stadium and Owner. Haven't for the first dozen years of MLS.

So shut the ******** up. :D

25. BitterSoccerFan

Jun 15, 2005
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arrogance became a trademark, when Busch declared their pathetic excuse for stale piss as a world class beer.