Rivalry in the making. The St. Louis Suckfaces

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    take your pick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mystical19

Mystical19 New Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    Coincidentally, the last time the Royals made the playoffs.

St. Louis is soccer crazy. I'm from KC, but soccer is a much bigger deal in STL. Lots of national championships among the youth clubs. In fact most clubs have their own training facilities, such as my brother's club.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take the one that centers upon us having won quite a few more titles than you.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care about baseball, I'm just saying that's what you and basically every other Cardinals fan sounds like.

5. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City

sorry to say Jeff you can't see it. why anyone would want to look at the stupid thing amazes me and i'm from that area

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh come on, it's the coolest thing EVER :cool:

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I hate St. Louis. Live there. They're all pricks.

The "_________" Cup will be ours!!!!

8. Goalieo

Goalieo Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

I hope STL lose every game they play.

9. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a play-by-play of what happened in the bottom half of the 9th inning of Game 6 of the 1985 World Series. I will preface this by saying that, even though I've lived most of my life in KC and have been a lifelong Royals fan as well as someone who's umpired baseball, I am perfectly capable of saying that Don Denkinger screwed the pooch on that call. Booted it. Completely missed it. I'm sure Stevie Wonder would have had a shot at getting the call right. But, it wasn't the last play of the game. (I remember watching the game, but to make sure I got this right, I went to www.baseball-almanac.com to check my facts).

Having pitched a scoreless 8th, Ken Dayley comes out to start the bottom of the 9th. Seeing this, Dick Howser pinch-hits Darryl Motley for rightfielder Pat Sheridan. Whitey Herzog, wanting to get a righty-righty matchup, calls down to the bullpen to get Todd Worrell. Continuing the chess game, Howser sends up left-handed hitting Jorge Orta. Orta hit a hot grounder to first baseman Jack Clark, who fielded the ball and tossed to the covering Worrell. Denkinger f'd up the call and Orta was aboard.

Next up, first baseman Steve Balboni (still the team record holder for HR in a season with 36), who hit a routine popup to Clark. Well, not exactly routine, because he didn't catch it. Runners on 1st and second, still no outs and Howser has infielder Onix Concepcion pinch-run for Balboni.

Next to the plate was catcher Jim Sundberg. Sundberg laid down a sac bunt, but the force out was made at third, retiring Orta. With one out, Howser sent Hal McRae to the plate to pinch-hit for shortstop Buddy Biancalana. After catcher Darrell Porter allowed a passed ball that allowed the runners to move up 90 feet, McRae was intentionally walked to load the bases. Catcher John Wathan (still the record-holder for most steals in a season by a catcher, 36) is sent out to pinch-run for McRae.

With the pitcher's spot up next, Howser sends up pinch-hitter Dane Iorg, who singles to right to bring in Concepcion, followed closely by Sundberg, who had to avoid Porter's tag. Better throw may have gotten him, who knows.

My point is this: The Cardinals had plenty of opportunities to still win that game. They didn't. They came upon some adversity and choked on it.

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    blah blah blah... don't matter. KC won that trophy. Just like we will will many more against the SLUts.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, whatever. Just like the Cardinals and the Royals, the St. Louis team will win the vast majority of the games; we will win far more championships.

Also, when was the last time the Chiefs won the Super Bowl?

Blues>the fact that KC have no team
    Rams>Chiefs since the Rams came
    Cardinals>Royals

MLS- just like the above three, we'll be better.

12. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It always cracks me up when people who don't even have a team talk trash about how much better their team is (or will be). How f'ing delusional can you get. Dude, at least wait until the league awards you a team, and you actually field said team before you start telling everyone how great they are.

Of course, if you really feel the need to look like TFC fans, by all means, please continue.

13. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Van Slyke was in right, and he made his usual great throw. Sundberg got a great jump and executed a perfect hook slide.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, except that there were a couple KC people who were claiming that their team is already better than ours. Don't try to act like me saying our team will be better was unprovoked.

Also, from what I've seen so far, as far as atmospere at the games, TFC fans are the best in the league.

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    What you think every St. Louis boy is gonna come home? You think everybody is gonna leave them open in the draft? Or do you think you can trade your first three seasons away to get all the overaged stars. St. Louis was 1950. What do you have now the Steamers? The fact of the matter is any kind of talent the St. Louis area has produced realized a long time ago that if they want to be a proper player then they have to get out of that god forsaken town and step it up a level. Guess where many of them hoped to land a spot. Thats right, KC. This aint some Busch league. You are going to suck for years to come, much to your neighbor to the left's pleasure. Good luck, but you guys are going to be 14 years behind.

16. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could have sworn Sundberg slid in head first... *shrugs*

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, just like Chivas are 14 years behind the Galaxy? Give me a break. It may take a year; it may take two. But just like clockwork, we will surpass your second-rate town, just like we have in EVERY OTHER sport. Notice how so many baseball players say that they want to play in our city in their career? How many baseball players want to to play in your sh1te town? Oh wait, nevermind, you've got Gil Meche. World class, I'll say.

Have fun, because the only time your team will be better than ours is when we don't have one. But guess what- that'll soon change.

18. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I hate about St. Louis... most of your fans are arrogant pricks. :mad:

19. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon now guys, let's not make this out to be some sort of KC vs. St. Louis thing or anything... :rolleyes:

But really, let's not feed the trolls. They're smelly and stupid and really ought to watch their figure but seem to keep coming back for more. In a way, you almost have to pity them... having to cry themselves to sleep every night with the realization that they still don't have a team and are still considered by many to be behind the likes of Philly and Seattle in the line to get one. It's easy to see why they might go as far as citing their supposed, self-proclaimed dominance in lesser sports as reasoning behind why their non-existent MLS team will be better (as if having a better baseball team translates somehow into soccer dominance) - they simply have nothing else to go off of.

But perhaps my favorite part is that should that day come when a St. Louis MLS club actually defeats the Wizards, said team only had the opportunity to do so through the efforts of the teams (including the Wizards) which were building the league more than a decade before St. Louis got around to trying it out (despite being the 'great soccer mecca' that it is). That 'Est. 1996' will always show how Kansas City was winning silverware long before the idea of a St. Louis MLS club firmly entered the realm of possibility.

Let me end with something that we can all agree on - while St. Louis might eventually defeat the Wizards sometime in the distant future (even the best clubs slip up now and then), Kansas City will always have the better owners.

20. Chaos81

Chaos81 New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Overland Park, KS
    I'll take living in a "sh1te town" over living in a town with people like you in it.

21. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

thats the spirit.

22. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, but don't sell them short....I think we got one up on the entire league with our ownership group. :)

23. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep for KC Bearcat, and I'd like to apply for the position of "Big Soccer Moderator In Charge of Banning St Louis Suckfaces Fans".

Something tells me we're going to need one.

24. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I greatly enjoy all of your ridiculous behavior in calling me a troll when I was clearly baited and provoked. If you notice, most if not all of my posts are in direct response to a clearly provocative post.

"I'll take living in a "sh1te town" over living in a town with people like you in it."

Congrats. You and your fellow citizens are the only ones in the world.

"That 'Est. 1996' will always show how Kansas City was winning silverware long before the idea of a St. Louis MLS club firmly entered the realm of possibility."

Yeah, silverware! Like your ONE whole MLS cup!!! I can't even fathom how long it could take for us to achieve that... I mean, think about it. In the first ten years of our existence, we'll only have ten chances to match that! I mean, a whole trophy? That's a load of silverware. Oh, I'd forgotten about the one US Open Cup you'd won as well.

Are there buildings in KC that are big enough to house all of these trophies, or did they have to build a new one? I heard they tried to get all of the Wizards' silverware into Arrowhead once, but it wouldn't fit in the stadium. Having both of those trophies (plus a supporter's shield which, frankly, means absolutely nothing since the championship is won in the playoffs) must be really inconvenient for housing purposes...

25. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're completely correct....you were personally baited to come onto OUR board and post this:

That's like telling someone "I don't mean to be rude, but..." then making a rude comment about them.

You are a troll with an identity crisis....embrace your trollness....then please go die in a fire.

And with that being said, I am done feeding the little troll.