Rivalry in the making. The St. Louis Suckfaces

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    http://www.stlouissoccerunited.com/content/view/39/81/

Basically the city(Collinsville and the ownership group agreed to negotiate with MLS by identifying a site that they will annex for a SSS a few feilds retail, office, feilds.....yadda yadda.

It is a significant step.

The I-70 cup. I propose a 64 oz glass boot be passed between the supporter groups. The winner of the series between the WIZARDS and the Stl butterflies gets the Crystalboot to drink at all their respective tailgates until next year. (these should be cheap and be able to be replaced just in case)

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Any reason for it to be a boot, or was it just something that seemed like a trophy?

I don't really have a better idea, but just wondering if there's something with a connection that would be more appropriate to award after beating St. Louis Sugarbritches.

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    nah, beerfest just came to mind.

4. Revisionist Quagmire

Nov 19, 2005
    Quahog
    All St. Louis Spuzzmoppers fans must die!

5. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's symbolic of the boots we'll be putting up the asses of St. Louis players... :D

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This ought to be fun. I cheer for all MO related teams. The Wizards will always be my preferred team, first come first serve. Just like the Cardinals are my preference over the Royals and the Chiefs > the Rams.

But now that it looks like StL will happen, does that mean I'm supposed to half die? Am I half pink, do I wear one leg of sweet pants, and what the hell is a spuzzmopper anyway?

Here's to an I-70 MLS Cup.

7. KCWIZFLAG

KCWIZFLAG Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Gladstone, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think that they will consider us rivals. They will probably automatically consider the Fire as their rival. St. Louis always tries to compare themselves to the windy city.

8. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we'll just have to both humiliate them enough and also prove that we're a better choice to be a rival. Maybe we make some deals with the scheduling folks to make sure we not only have the first game in their new home (where we put 6 past them or some such) and then make sure that whenever they get close enough to think they're going to be in the playoffs we're also the one to correct that as well. We also do things like mark down games @ St. Louis as 'home games' and get the entire Cauldron over and get louder than their entire stadium.

Rivalries are like flowers, they must be cultivated...

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    You can certainly have more than 1 rival.

Cubs fans don't care about the Cardinals, and Bears fans don't care about the Rams. I guess the Blues and Blackhawks might have a rivalry to see who can actually suck enough to spontaneously transform into a Earth based black hole.

In baseball, if they were playing for the division it might matter more than a similar game against a division opponent, but the St.Louis-Chicago rivalry is way overblown by people who don't go to Cubs games.

When I lived in Wrigleyville, Cubs fans barely paid attention to St.Louis more than anyone else. It's not much of a rivalry. Rivalries are created by two teams playing at a high level. If there is a geographic connection, that will add to it, but the games have to matter first.

If we play St.Louis regularly for meaningful points, the rivalry will be there on both sides.

10. KC outlaws

KC outlaws New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    O-Town
    :cool: Kansas City is better than St. Louis.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GET READY TO DIE YOU KANSAS SCUM!!!

COME ON ST. LOUIS (don't know team name yet)!!!!

WE ALL HATE KC
    WE ALL HATE KC
    WE ALL HATE KC
    WE ALL HATE KC!!!

PS- I'm just very excited about this whole team coming to St. Louis thing. Don't view this as actually trolling; I just love the idea of a Missouri derby.

12. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    they should probably be called St. Louis 1985.

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure you don't want to know the answer to this question. ;)

Goodness no, we don't think you are trolling. We're glad you have come out to show pride in your orientation. :D

14. KCWIZFLAG

KCWIZFLAG Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Gladstone, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh they'll probably go with Cardinals or something like that. Personally, I think they should be called "Don Denkinger FC" since they're all hung up on that.:D

15. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the enthusiasm! Actually, i noticed on the St. Louis Soccer United website some glaring errors. For one, they list the Wizards as being based in Kansas City, KS. Then, they list Jack Jewsbury as being a FORMER KC Wizards player... they also list his hometown as St. Louis...

16. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As shown by their recollections of the Denkinger situation, St. Louisans have trouble with facts.

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you guys really all talking about the Denkinger situation with a quality of smugness instead of a right demeanor of embarassment? It should certainly be the latter. Your only world series should never have happened.

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Ahh crap. Don't get this started. Maybe you blacked out and can't remember Game 7 or the fact that Orta didn't even score.

19. KCWizMystic4Life

KCWizMystic4Life New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Minus that whole thing where Orta was thrown out at third in the end anyway meaning him being called safe made no difference...and the whole part where the Cards got blown away in game 7...
    Is it just me or is the whole Denkinger thing blown way out of proportion?

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I love whatever St. Louis fan edited Wikipedia.

and this shows some class

21. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [please God don't let me have started a 1985 WS thread]God I can't believe I'm taking the bait here. the Tards hit .183:eek:! Do you think it would be more odd to win a WS benefiting from one bad call or to win it hitting .183??! It's laughable. You tallied 2 runs in the last 3 games combined. The Redbirds were outplayed badly the entire series, end of story. Yes the Royals won the series, earned the series and found a way to win the series; the bad call was incidental and was only significant because of when it happened. You gave us extra outs and you paid for it, live with the fact.[/please God no 1985 series thread]

22. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, let 'em have their one little ill-gotten World Series win. It's cute.

Just win one more WS title, Royals, and you guys'll catch up with the Florida Marlins!

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Let's get back to the thread here.

My question, will you be able to see the world's largest ketchup bottle from the stadium? That's worth a trip to see the St.Louis Sluice right there.

[​IMG]

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for them joining but I really really really don't want to move back out West. We're the freakin' hot potato franchise jumping from one conference to another. And if Philly joins the league at the same time (2009 or 2010), then you know we'll be moving back out West.

25. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and that was the first time hate mail had ever happened.

Please, why be surprised by something like that? Whenever sports is involved with anything controversial, there's hate mail. I'm not condoning it, but don't act like the same damned thing would happen if it were the Royals.

As far as the call, the point is, we were rolling and were well on our way to winning. Yes, we had some opportunities to still win, and we were certainly demolished in game 7, but let's face it, we had momentum and it was absolutely destroyed by that call.

But let's end this discussion; it certainly won't be resolved.