Rise and fall of Kuwait

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by rkim291968, Oct 27, 2004.

1. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    So, Korea is even with Saudis, Iran, and then Maldives? LOL. We will fix that on 11/17.

Then, Korea has losing record against Kuwait. This is not a one game fluke a la Turkeministan vs Korea. Korea and Kuwait played each other numerous matches.

2. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    that reminds me of the rivalry between Bahrain and iran.

3. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    I announce that Saudi has a big winning record against korea.

4. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Nope. Someone already said it here that Korea and Saudis are even. But if you don't believe that, you can easily find this out from FIFA.com.

5. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
  6. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
  7. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    LOL, thats very weird. Whats next? Iran losing to Laos, or China losing to Hong Kong, or Korea losing to Maldives, or Saudi Arabia losing to Sri Lanka?!

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its very impressive to see the second smallest country make a rivalry with such a powerhouse of Asia like Iran. Unfortunately Bahrain could never dream of a rivalry with Saudi Arabia, as it never beaten us in the last 5 games or more! Kuwait's rivalry with Saudi Arabia is more mentally than physically.

9. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    what rivalry between bahrain and iran, cause they beat us once in 2002 means its a rivalry
    we kcied thier ass in asian cup, annd i dont consider bahrain weak at ALL to start with
    i know saudi's rival is probably kuwait or iraq

10. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    On fifa, you are both tied at 2 wins for each, and 2 draws with Iran ahead on goals difference by 2. Thats pretty close to me. I dont think Saudi Arabia really has a rival, somehow we always are unlucky against Japan, Kuwait could be becuz of the mentality of the players before the game.

11. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ya, bout kuwait its always mentality, with iraq its sort of tied i saw
    you own bahrain lol
    and between us its real dam close

Country GP W D L GF GA GD
    Iran
    10 4 3 3 16 9 7
    Saudi Arabia
    10 3 3 4 9 16 -7

12. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    and also the 2-2 with bahrain is since 1985, its too bad fifa doesnt keep its records too long. we actually have 2 more wins
    but from what i saw on fifa, saudi owns all the arab "gulf" teams. from now until the future god knows
    check this to see our real records against teams, inclduing bahrain (were actually 4-2)
    http://www.teammelli.com/Stats/Complete matches table.htm
    thx

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah its not that far, all the other gulf countries are very easy to beat, even Kuwait, we are ahead by 3 wins. I think we are confident when we play teams we know well, but other teams like Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan we dont play that well probably becuz of confidence.

14. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Confidence may be an issue, however Uzbekistan is a strong team, no matter how confidant you are.

The old days of weak and strong teams have come to an end. These days, everyone has improved and thus the difference in the level of play is much smaller than what it used to be. No team can be brushed aside anymore, everyone is a true contender.

15. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Still, we could have played better, not win, but have played better. The rest of what you said is pretty much true. Also Uzbekistan plays different from most Asian teams, where each player does EXACTLY what the coach tells him, while other Asian teams usually dont.

16. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003

ss2006 for an irani u know alot about saudi and gulf football, maybe as much as i know about iran football. its cool to see 1 iranian who doesnt talk about only 'grassrolling' and cheating

kee up the good work man, u are istighlal fan right? i like pirouzi more but i hear they are sucking nutz this season

17. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    lol well actually i would know about saudi soccer alot because i lived there for 5 years :)
    and i am an esteglal fan sort of, i do like pas more, but SS really stands for my name: Samer Serhan :)

18. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    how do you mean?