Riptide

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Meinert6, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    Thanks Bill! I'm glad you and Ellen will be joining us, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions for you :)

2. Land Locked Shark

Land Locked Shark New Member

May 28, 2007
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just let us know how we can be of assistance. Happy New Year to all!

3. hocho

hocho New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Braintree
    Looks great but if I may point something out: the paint on the side of the lighthouse is Cape Hatteras in NC but I'm not sure if NE or even Boston has anything distinguishable other than the bands on Boston Light.

I really dont want to knock it though as Evan stepped up. At the end of the day it really may not matter but...

Please dont shoot me! :)

Hatteras
    [​IMG]

Boston
    [​IMG]

4. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am willing to bet that Evan was just shooting for a general lighthouse and not a specific landmark. We all know that Maine and Cape Cod have better lighthouses than the Harbor.

5. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also it makes a nicer contrast than plain white would have.

6. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need chants and songs badly!

7. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    First, we recently redesigned our website - http://www.riptide08.com. (Thanks JMMUSA8).

Second, we'll be holding our charter meeting on Sunday, February 15, at noon, at The Fours in Quincy, MA. We'll be signing our charter, electing officers, and planning our season. Hope to see you there!

9. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't make it. :(

Any further details on the MtC?

10. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meet the Coach featuring Tony DiCicco and Lisa Cole will be March 7th @ 2:00 PM at the Days Inn of Boston.
    1234 Soldiers Field Rd.
    Brighton, MA
    MtC is a Riptide exclusive event. You must be a member in order to attend this event. Membership forms can be found @ www.riptide08.com. The forms will also be available the day of the event.

For those that cannot make the event, there are plans in the works to allow for question submission to the Riptide site that will be brought to the event.

11. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to echo what Matt said, more information can be found here.
    http://www.riptide08.com/post/2009/02/15/Meet-The-Coach.aspx
    You can post questions in the comments page.

12. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might want to take a look at the discography of some artists with Boston roots for some ideas. Dropkick Murphys and Mighty Mighty Bosstones have a few Boston specific songs that might be workable to refit with Breakers specific lyrics if needed. A few that come to mind are:

"For Boston"-Dropkicks
    "Skinhead on the MBTA"-Dropkicks
    "They Came to Boston"-Bosstones
    "Time to Go"-Dropkicks
    "Old School Off the Bright"-Bosstones

Another idea might be to refit some old Irish songs with Breakers words or lyrics. "Wild Rover" or "Black Velvet Band."

I think choosing melodies that are familiar to Boston crowds would be a good place to start.

13. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bold mine.

Well, not that I'm suggesting it, but there's always the Cars. Or J Geils Band.

Seriously, would most Boston fans know these songs and groups you're talking about?!:) I could easily be wrong - I'm a total outsider!! But I had to wonder.

But hey you're a Gooner! You should help out the Breakers with a good Arsenal song, something Kelly would get a kick out of hearing!

14. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You gave me some ideas for taunt songs when the Sol come to town.

The Cars- You might think we're delilious the way we run you down but sometime, someday when your serious comeback around.

J. Geils- Marta, Marta where did your game go? We don't need ya, need ya no more.

Black Velvet Band could work well for Kelly I think. Her goals they shine like diamonds. You'de think she was queen of England, and she was. Her goals flew by your shoulder, tied you up and beat you again.

As for familiarity. Anybody who is a Red Sox fan has heard of the Dropkick Murphys. They remake old-time traditional Boston songs such as: For Boston, Skinhead on the MBTA, Tessie and Dirty Water. The Bosstones is more of a stretch.

15. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those wondering about memberships and merchandise, the Riptide shop, supported by Paypal, is now up and running thanks to the skills of Steve. It looks fantastic.
    http://www.riptide08.com/shop.html

16. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really great job Steve!

17. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Forgive me for not bothering to look through the entire thread, I'm lazy, but:

Where are you guys standing and where will you be meeting up before the games? I'm considering season tickets (I'll be at the home opener for sure at least) and will eventually pony up for a kit and a Riptide membership. Will memberships and scarves be on sale at the stadium? Do most of you plan on driving or taking public transport in?

Thanks.

18. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are standing in Section 14 (The Dock)

It is an open General Admission section so anyone in the stadium can join us! Flags, flagpoles, drums etc all ENCOURAGED by the Breakers!!

We are still finalizing the parking details but we think we'll have a prime tailgate spot near the stadium....More details will follow as we get closer to the match(es)...

We'll also have discount ticket information(for the home opener) on our website soon...

Season tickets are the way to go...support this team! There's also the sth Meet the Breakers event on April 7th so join now...

We will have scarves/memberships etc for sale at the stadium at our tailgate location as well as online at www.riptide08.com and the MTB event on the 7th

I plan on driving but there's a T stop right by the stadium so that should be very easy for most! We plan on having extra grill space for those that take public transport...

Also, the lots will open 3 hours prior to kickoff!

Join or Die!

:D

19. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Definitely want season tickets, it's just not easy paying bills and buying season tickets on a 35-hour paycheck:eek: Will be getting a Mitts jersey for sure, but might hold off one more year for season tickets.

I'm taking the Lowell MBTA train into North Station and going by the T, but figured if we were doing any Germany-esque hijackings of train cars, I'd join in:D

I'll most likely join the Riptide at the first game, but who knows. It's cheaper for games and easier for me to get to the stadium, so you'll most likely see me at almost every home game. EVEN WEEKDAYS!!!:eek:

Thanks, will check back for the parking lot info.

20. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Bought my ticket through the discounted rate, though the seat selection screen took me a second to get used to:p

May or may not be getting a membership and scarf on game-day, depends on my paycheck that week.

Have we settled on a parking lot yet?

[EDIT] Ah what the hell, got a Mitts jersey as well.

22. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I heard, the Riptide lot has space for 10 vehicles. However, this was roughly a month ago so I am not totally certain. Good to see that you will be joining us!

23. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I won't need to park, just want to know where we're meeting up prior to the start of the game. I'll most likely be taking the commuter rail from Lowell, but I might go to Alewife and save a little cash. Who knows.

24. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we're still working with the Breakers and them with Harvard on finalizing a spot for us.

Rest assured, we will have a central tailgating location for every match.

BTW, I noticed that the lots will be open 4 hours before kickoff instead of the original 3 hours!

:D

25. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States