Riptide Bus Trip & Ticket Exchange Reminder

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Andy Crossley, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    The following is a letter that will go out to all Breakers Members (season ticket holders) tomorrow. I know there are a lot of Riptide people on here, so I thought I would show you this plug for the bus trip, while also reminding you to take full advantage of our Member ticket exchange to introduce new fans to the Breakers.

###

August 2, 2010

Dear Breakers Members,

What an thrilling second half of the season it has been! As we wind down to our final regular season home games, the Breakers have a firm hold on 3rd place in WPS with eight games remaining. A top four finish will ensure our first WPS playoff qualification and a 2nd or 3rd place finish will result in a home playoff match.

I would like to remind you of a great benefit of your Membership. As a Breakers Member, you can exchange unused game tickets from previous 2010 home games for future regular season matches. But we now have just two regular season home games remaining and only one at Harvard Stadium!

On Sunday August 15th, we take on Sky Blue FC in our Harvard Stadium regular season finale. The following weekend we play Hope Solo and the Atlanta Beat in a “home” match at Veterans Memorial Stadium in New Britain. While we hope you will come to New Britain for the 8/21 match, we realize that some will be unable to attend. Therefore, you may exchange your 8/21 tickets for additional seats to the 8/15 Harvard finale if you wish.

If you plan to attend the New Britain match but are concerned about transportation, there IS a bus trip organized by the Riptide Supporters Group. The bus will depart at 12 PM from Newton and return immediately following the match at 8:00 PM. Visit www.riptide08.com for details and pricing.

We need a BIG home crowd at Harvard on August 15th. A playoff spot is on the line – this is a key match. I would like to encourage all of you to take full advantage of your unused ticket exchange benefit by inviting friends, neighbors and co-workers to attend the 8/15 match as your guest. If you have twenty unused tickets from your 2010 package, you can bring an entire soccer team! Please note – if the Breakers host a playoff game, we do not offer unused ticket exchange for postseason matches. August 15th and 21st are our “use them or lose them” dates.

You can call the Breakers sales line at 781-251-2100 to set up your exchange in advance and avoid waiting in Box Office lines on game day to swap out your unused tickets. You may also arrange to exchange tickets for 8/15 and leave them for a friend if you do not plan to attend the match.

Thank you for being the best fans in WPS!

Andy Crossley
    General Manager

2. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    Thanks for the bus trip plug, Andy!

3. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded! Hope to see you Wednesday. I will have my grill.

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. mavric

mavric Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did this get emailed out to the season ticket holders? Anyone receive it? I check my email over the past few days and nothing... hmmm..

Thanks!

-Don

6. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't receive it email or snail mail.

7. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    It was physically mailed this morning.