Ripping on Rimando?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Flagreekguy, May 6, 2008.

1. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Okay. I'm not saying this keeper is the best in the world. But what the fans are saying about this guy is just not fair. He missed two shots on goal over the weekend. One was a fake cross and the second was a FK from the 25 i believe.

Now, i'm not defending this guys skill by any means. But we are talking about a MLS goal keeper getting beat on a FK from David f'n beckham right?
    I mean, come on gang. This is what becks is known for. Cut the guy some slack.

Sorry, it's venting tuesday.

2. Klose Rules

Klose Rules New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    I wholeheartedly agree. Both of Beckham's goals were pure class. There aren't too many players in the world, much less the league, who can score from those distances and at those angles. To be honest with you, I didn't think Rimando had a chance of stopping either shot. They were just too good.

3. foment

foment New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Shanghai
    Rimando supporters are also known to support terrorist regimes around the world...

4. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    It's one thing when you lose your step when you get older and you can't run as fast or dribble as well. When your talking about FK's, beckham works on those on a daily basis. and if anyone has watched the greece FK a thousand times like myself, that FK is damn nearly IDENTICAL. as for the first goal, i've seen him hit that shot pin point twice with R-Madrid and 10-15 times with Man Utd. Had it been a foot to the left that would have been the placement beckham gave Ruud Van Nistleroyy and Paul Scholes over and over again.

Theres no goalkeeper in the world that would have been able to stop those with any ease at all. If not AT ALL

5. Indy footballer

Indy footballer New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando has been solid for a while now. He got beat on two great goals. I don't think Buffon was getting those.

6. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xhole

Why is this thread here?

Hey, F*CK RIMANDO !!

7. Statman Crothers

Statman Crothers New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    In short, I don't think that Nick Rimando is very good at all. I am amazed that he is still playing and getting lots of minutes in MLS. He's allegedly 5' 10" but looks and plays way smaller --- perhaps he stands corrected in some special orthopedic soccer boots. Putting his name and 6' 3" Buffon's name (voted #1 goalkeeper in the world four out of the past five years) in the same sentence? Whoa!

Now if you want to assert that Rimando couldn't have gotten those two shots with a tennis racket, then I would agree. That would be quite accurate. But why bring in Buffon's name? Buffon is much taller, much stronger, more agile, more game savvy, and quicker with a greater reach and a proven, uncanny ability to make the big saves in key situations. Buffon is a money player. Don't bet against the best goalkeeper in the world and what could be one of the best goalkeepers of all time.

8. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I'm really not trying to sound like a beckham lacky here. But, i've been following him for quite some time now and though I have an opinion on a handful of other set peice artists in the world. He by far takes the cake.

So what your trying to defend is Buffon would have a better chance in those situations. yes, he would have. would Buffon have reached those goals? no. the first made Rimando feel like it was a cross not a shot, and by the time it was done arcing over his head and bending right it was too late. No goalkeeper would have assumed becks to shoot from that spot ESPECIALLY the way becks footing was when he kicked the ball. as for the FK, well we're talking about david beckahm and fk's. Once again, the set peice master.

9. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Re: Xhole

Honestly. Thank you.

If you guys feel the need to defend Rimando, do so in the game thread. That's what it's there for.

10. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Xhole

i would just like to say Rimando is pretty darn good anyways....at least his reflexes are....you guys see that great reflex save on the donovan header.....and that thing was FLYING great header by lando btw.....at least they dont have Wardy Alfaro who's like 5'5 lol....how he has made it as a keeper at that height...I DO NOT KNOW lol