Riot Squad and ACB

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by jtmunchie, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jtmunchie

jtmunchie New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I just wanted to know if u guys have anything planned for Beckhams return on sunday. Maybe a little ******** You Beckham chant like the RedBulls did or BOOOOO everytime he touches the ball

2. NITRIK

NITRIK New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :D I bet he'll stay away

3. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boring.:rolleyes:

4. NITRIK

NITRIK New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't remember where I read it but someone mentioned they wanted to chant " GET OFF OUR LAWN ! "

5. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold on. . .let me write this down. . .

"boooo everytime he touches the ball". Got it! Thanks! Man that's gold right there. :rolleyes:

6. PHX Soccer

PHX Soccer Member

Feb 8, 2007
    AZ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about just cheer on the team.

7. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about we wish cancer on his kids like they did in England? Sounds civilized.

8. galaxyfanz

galaxyfanz Member

Oct 6, 2006
    you never boo the shirt no matter what. you never cheer against your team.

9. galaxynut

galaxynut Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about we support the current win streak, re-unification of our team, differences settled between Landon and Becks and move forward?

Go Galaxy.

10. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, sounds to mature.

11. jeca

jeca New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    screw the boos

ACB will NOT boo beckham or make a dumb*ss chant up(waste of time)

instead we will cheer our team on like we always do!:cool:

Oh sweet galaxy
    always a part of me
    oh hear me shout!! hear me shout!!hear me shout! shout!! shout!!!!

RAIN OR SHINE WIN OR LOSE
    my heart belongs to you

ACB-121-ULTRAS
    this is where our heart lies

12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We shouldn't boo because it won't help the team.

13. scsc2000

scsc2000 Member

Jul 7, 2008

don't lie to yourselves, the whole team hates Beckham, it's obvious. Tell me that Donovan doesn't pee a little when he hears FU Beckham from the crowd. I'll be booing Beckham loud and clear, does that mean I want to harm the team or does not support the team? NO. I just mean that I think Beckham really doesn't give a shit about the Galaxy anymore and he's just here because he has to.

14. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And what exactly are you expecting to happen when you boo? You think that's going to motivate our team? You think it's going to help them raise their game against the opposition? You're letting your hate for Beckham override your support of LA. Sure, you don't want him here, but for now that's how it is. If he plays well for the rest of this season and brings something to the team, then great.

If he really doesn't want to be here, what do you think is more likely to motivate him to make the best of it and play well: a bunch of people who are cheering the team on or focussing on booing him?

I personally think it will be water off a ducks back and the sheer negativity of the atmosphere it would create would probably be more likely to have an adverse affect on the young players than goldenballs.

I personally think we should ditch him and look at other options come the end of the season, but until then my feelings for anyone player come second to my support of the team.

15. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's put things into perspective folks. This next match is a friendly. If you are angry with Beckham over what he did to our club, you can and should raise your voice about it.

I am bringing a banner that says "23 - You must earn forgiveness"

I could care less about his aspirations for the England Nats. I support the Galaxy and the fact that he essentially gave us, and his contract the finger is something that I am not going to just forget because he put on the jersey. It is obvious to me that the crest means more to me when it is over my heart than it does to him.

I booed Ruiz every time he dived, both times he played for the Galaxy (I found him to be a dispicable player.) I will certainly let Beckham know how I feel. Remember, this club is bigger than any of the individual players. If one of those players isn't behind the crest.... I don't want him to wear it.

16. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Exactly! The ACB will have no part in any negativity, because HE IS WEARING OUR SHIRT! We will also motivate the North end to also let it go and just support the team. Don't let your hate for him shadow what this team has done this year. WE'RE IN 3RD PLACE! How about you don't waste your breath on him and add to the atmosphere by singing a song or chant. We will be playing Seattle, they will be giving him enough boos already. Lets make them look bad and sing over them.

CELEBRATE DON'T BOO!!!!!
    VAMOS ANGELINOS!!!
    ACB!

17. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "CARSON, Calif. – Huddled in bars or hunched in front of computers, the most rabid fans of the Los Angeles Galaxy work on chants meant to insult David Beckham.

That’s right. The same David Beckham who is the most celebrated member of the Galaxy has become the most despised target of the 300-plus zealots who call themselves the L.A. Riot Squad.

To the tune of Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall,” instead of singing “We don’t need no education,” the Riot Squad roars, “We don’t need no David Beckham.” And to the tune of “Glory, Glory Man United,” not coincidentally a refrain sung by backers of one of Beckham’s former teams, Manchester United, the Riot Squad belts out, “Who the [expletive] is David Beckham?”

Soon, Beckham will have a chance to earn forgiveness – or further scorn.

Blah Blah Blah ..... etc ... Blah Blah Blah...

The Riot Squad is infuriated most by what Beckham denies – that he coasted during the end of the Galaxy’s abysmal 2008 season.

'Just because [soccer] is not No. 1 [in America] doesn’t mean we’re ignorant and that we don’t know we’re being disrespected,” said David Martinous, one of the Riot Squad’s ringleaders. “David Beckham has disrespected us."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news;_y...7YF?slug=jo-beckham071609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I'm going to boo the shit out off him, ******** that ********. I don't care if he has a Galaxy jersey on. The AC Milan game doesn't mean anything so it is a great chance to him have it.

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Why the hell did they have to use brackets ([ ]). If the guy said "football", then just bloody quote it as "football"!

19. Finley

Finley Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Under the blue sky
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope DB has the God given sense not to bring his kids to this game. Cuz it is going to suck for them. They were either too young or not around when the DB hate was at it's height, so this will be there first real experience of it. Nice. So sad that I am going to miss it, but I am sure the media will have some cameras pointed right at their faces. Good times.

One question - Some fans are super pissed because David put himself ahead of the good of the team. Got it. So some fans are planning on giving him hell at the HDC? Mkay. And how is that different? It might make them feel better, (kinda like playing at Milan made DB feel better) but how does it benefit the team?

It's not the heat, people, it's the hypocrisy.

20. jeca

jeca New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Of course you don't care if he is wearing a Galaxy jersey you guys are "ANTI-SUPPORTERS"

21. Rodneyd44

Rodneyd44 New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    North OC, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I agree with everything Landon said about David and totally hate what David has done to our team I will not Boo any player wearing Blue, White, and Gold. I will save my Boos for other players on other teams.

22. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The moment you boo Beckham, you make him more important than the team. And it won't bother him. He probably won't take it that seriously and he probably won't get the point. Save your voices for something productive like motivating the team.

23. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ease off, sparky. When a reporter with an agenda meets over 400 drunk fans, he's bound to find people who know the moonlanding was fake AND will say anything he wants to hear. And APPARENTLY you've got a lot to learn about what the hell the LA RIOT SQUAD is. Please leave your histrionics at school as we are greater fans of the Galaxy than 99.8 of the stadium is. Even the 20 people who sang the chant ended it with, "AND THE G'S GO MARCHING ON!" meaning we are the Galaxy with or without Bex. And for the record I didn't join in the chant and neither did a majority of the 400 people there. Leave it to the reporter...

Now, for the VINDO310 character, he's totally entitled to his opinion and freedom to do what he wants. If I remember, didn't he call us racists? I may be wrong, but I think he's got very strong issues of which I don't agree.

Finally, that article says said "David Martinous, one of the Riot Squad’s ringleaders"...

Um, yeah. I have no idea who the hell that is. Awesome journalism is that!

I, and most of LARS, will NEVER BOO SOMEONE WEARING OUR KIT. Period. Yeah, we have some that will.. and that's what's cool about a democratic/anarchist group. It means NO RULES. It means that you are a major fan of the Galaxy, and you want to hang with like-minded people, but you don't want to hop for 75% of the game (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Think of the Squad as a SEVERE MEDIUM supporter.

Reverend Tommy Mack
    Los Angeles Riot Squad

PS: People need to seriously get perspective.

24. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope I haven't called anyone racist. I am surprised so many people are against booing him at a frendly. Weird.

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My apologies for the mistaken identity. As for the "booing", I'm sure there we be many who do. I personally hope there's much more who don't. It's like when we got Dema Kovelenko. I've always hated him and considered him a dangerous hack. But now, he's OUR DANGEROUS HACK and as long as he wears that crest, he's a G.

Of course, now we have a cheer, "DEMA DEMA DEMA, KILL KILL KILL" and he apparently loves it. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone what they should do. Boo Bex if you like. But let's hope together that he does some of those amazing crosses to Landon and we continue like we did in New York.

Tommy Mack
    LARIOTSQUAD