Rimando (A collection of threads) [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Stuart, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    Rimando makes monkey of Donovan [R]

Ha, ha, ha. I just loved it when Rimando dribbled the ball with Donovan.

Is it me or does it look like Donovan tries to run into people in the box before dropping in a theatrical style?

Anyway, a pretty good game so far. I am lucky to be able to see it on Fox Sports Net. On this evidence, it is hard to see what so many are criticizing the team and Ray for. The team has defended well and made many goal-scoring opportunities. My only concern would be the finishing, which I would have expected to see at least one more goal from.

Keep it up, DC :)

2. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Rimando

Rimando played a great game tonight and had many clutch saves for the team. In my opinion he is the most solid players on the team this season. Here are some random questions I was wondering.

What country is he or his parents from?

Is it me or does he wait a little too long to clear the ball after he drops it?

Has he ever punted a ball this season or does he just drop or throw balls back into play?

3. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Re: Rimando

Estados Unidos. Nicky will be hoisting the World Cup in 8 years.

4. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I'm a fan of Rimando's, but he's GOT to stop getting so cute with the ball at his feet. He's flirting with disaster unneccessarily.

"Prince Rimando" is a great shot-stopper and a very underrated organizer. [Note: Calling him Prince Rimando is a compliment] He's already acknowledged as being good with the ball at his feet, he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. He should just make the safe play and kick it out of bounds rather than trying to be the second coming of Jorge Campos.

Just my $0.02

-Tron

5. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Putting the [r] in the subject line is an empty gesture when the subject itself is a spoiler.

Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp?

6. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I don't know why we aren't calling him Jorge Campos...oh wait, yes I do.

Anyway sometimes I wish he wasn't so cute with the ball, but completely owning Donovan, TWICE, well you just can't help but love that.

7. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Nick made 3 UNBELIEVABLE saves in the last 10 minutes. Did you see Ray sprint on the field at the end of the game and hug, kiss, go nuts with him?? Nick was over signing autographs by the dugout after the team toured the stadium and was still pumped up. Great performance. Hope his girlfriend was there to see that!!!

8. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gesture? Well, more like a nuance. Perhaps a subtle affectation. Okay, a tinge, so to speak.

How "Rimando makes a monkey out of Donovan (R)" qualifies as a spoiler is beyond me. "Landon scores brace defeating United" might have been a spoiler, but of course we know that didn't happen.

-G. Rex

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    He made those saves right in front of me and I still can't grasp how he got a hand on any of them.

Graziani and Donovan 2 v. 1? For everyone who says Nicky needs to work on positioning, watch that breakaway again where he stones Donovan, he's perfect.

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Nickie was once again rock solid. The guy amazes me each match with his ability to anticipate where to be in goal. Great job Nick!!

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Re: Re: Rimando

His family is Filipino. He speaks no Spanish.

Dave

12. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Re: Re: Re: Rimando

I got to meet them out in LA when I was there for the opener. I had my scarf and pullover on and his dad flagged me down, being a DC fan, to say hi.

Very cool people. Just another reason to like Rimando.

13. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's been solid

Nick has been awesome in goal. He totally stoned the best players on the "best" team, and his footwork was funny, although a little dangerous.

Can a player from the last place team still get some kind of goalkeeper of the year recognition?

14. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His reaction time and judgement are outstanding. His form may be a little unorthodox but hell, I don't care how he does it as long as he keeps doing it. IMHO, he was the best off season aquision DCU got.

TS.