right sided midfielder in Ligue1

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by depuente, Jan 13, 2008.

1. depuente

depuente New Member

Nov 6, 1999
    I would like to know who is the best right-sided midfielder in ligue 1? Do your assesment in terms of speed, dribbling skills, crossing, passing ability, heading ability and shooting! Give me the top 10 to 15 by team.

2. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A sign-up is required to read the article, what does it say ?

Top 10 is:
    by order of pure skills:
    1) Feindouno (Saint-Etienne)
    2) Wiltord (Rennes)
    3) Keita (Lyon)
    4) Leroy (Rennes)
    5) Obertan (Bordeaux)
    6) Gouffran (Caen)
    7) Valbuena (Marseille)
    8) Govou (Lyon)
    9) Ziani (Marseille)
    10) Alonso (Bordeaux)

by order of performance:
    1) Leroy
    2) Govou
    3) Valbuena
    4) Gouffran
    5) Wiltord
    6) Feindouno
    7) Alonso
    8) Obertan
    9) Keita
    10) Ziani

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Leroy: excellent passes and vision of game, class player, underestimated because of his poor mental qualities (changes his club every year by whim)

Govou: fighter, good defending, never abandons, scores few but nice goals

Valbuena: good technique and dribbling, short size, barely decisive

Gouffran: good at shooting and acceleration

Wiltord: high tactical sense and good shooting

Feindouno: theorically the most skilled of all, excellent technique, crossing, shooting, vision of the game but too much nonchalant, only a good match on 5 or 10 !

Alonso: good technique and acceleration

Obertan: excellent dribbling, acceleration and crossing, must still gain strength and pace

Keita: on the paper, he's a monster in dribbling, technique, acceleration, controlling the ball and even defending, but he not even did not adapt himself to Lyon yet, but is poor in crossing, passing and shooting !

Ziani: Marseille got gim on his qualities of technique and presence on the field. We're still looking for them.

4. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If we're going by skill, I don't see how either Pino or Gakpé isn't up there, while they've both played more this season than Ziani/Obertan. Do excuse me for having a bit of club bias. ;)

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My ! How can I have forget them. :mad:

Pino has potential, but Gakpé is really "the big thing" at ASM.

6. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's alright, Catel. :) After all, neither is always a regular starter (even now), as opposed to a Leroy or Feindouno who are always among the first on the team sheet, as well as one can argue that neither ASM starlet is even close to completing his development. Oh, and good analysis on the players. Looking at the magazines this morning I am marveling that Wiltord really remains one of the best, let's say top 10 right-sided players in L1, even if he could be the father of Saivet/N'Gog.