right midfield

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by kronz21, Apr 14, 2006.

1. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    who do you think should start on the right side? i think it should be convey obrein and bring dempsy off the bench. maybe even donovan can cover this postion i dunno what do you think?

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I'm more concerned with who the 11 players will be on the field, not who is going to be on the right side. With all of the movement in the game, does it really matter? If Arena picks a good midfield, the team will have a good right midfielder.

3. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if Bruce wants to get our quickest and best attacking midfielders on for a certain game , I would like to see Beaze on the right and Convey on the left . Beaze has played at right mid for PSV . But I would also like to see Dempsey come on late in a game to run at tired defenses .

4. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    i like your thinking with dempsey but id kinda like to see obrein on the one of the wings and have both convey and dempsey come on later in the game unless donovan plays up top and we play with a flat midfiel than id like to see this
    beasly/convey...obrien...reyna...convey/beasly

5. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    just a question theres been so much going around about the rosters and every one seems to fight about the right side and left defender

6. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the amount of confidence and hustle that Dempsey has shown as of late and his vastly improved international play, I think it would be a big mistake to keep him out of the lineup, the right side more specifically. In the last WC, Reyna showed that he could play on the wing, but 4 years later, can he still play there? Ralston is a very solid player, he's not gonna take on and out run anyone, but he gets the job done. I think we have more options than someone might think.

7. TheModernAge

TheModernAge New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Ohio
    This is a very good question, I would like to see probably Convey because they the outstanding year he's had at Reading, but Demps impresses me at the same time. O'brien probably won't even be going to Germany because he has not plaed enough because of his consistent injuries. Even though he is playing for Chivas USA he won't play enough games to get into good form. Also, have you ever thought of Cherundolo playing right midfield for our team? He played there against germany and i saw a video on www.ussoccer.com in which he was interviewed and it said US MNT Midfielder underneith his name. Also, Lewis will start LB. Those are just my thoughts.

8. TheModernAge

TheModernAge New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Ohio
    just to let you guys know the video on www.ussoccer.com that says Cherundolo is a midfielder is MNT Trains at Signal Iduna Park.

9. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    hes are right defender though