Ridiculous Goals by Curfman and Testo

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by HereInWinston, Nov 20, 2003.

1. HereInWinston

HereInWinston New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Winston-Salem, NC
  2. FritoBandito

FritoBandito New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    US
    my impression

I saw Curfman at the ACC tournament this past week, and my impression was that he was a big, slow, non-skilled, kinda dorky player with no quickness and little toughness. But he could make some good passes. I only saw him for two games though. imo

3. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    Re: my impression

You must have been looking at someone else. Steven is not big--actually he's a tad skinny. He's definitely fast. He has great skill. You're right that he's a tad soft, but then he's a year younger than most freshmen, and I'm sure he'll make the adjustment to the college game. Give him time.

4. HereInWinston

HereInWinston New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Non-skilled. Hm. Did you look at this video?

Also, he just turned 17 in October. Graduated HS a year early.

5. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    Who were you watching.....

I think you might have been watching Amir Lowery at the WFU game....big guy, kinda slow, not to skilled, just wins balls and sprays a couple good passes...kinda a wrecking ball in the middle of the park

Cause the description def doesnt fit Curfman...

By the way, my vote went to Testo's 80 yd bomb

6. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Who were you watching.....

Testo!? It's gotta be Curfman or Adu against Poland. Testo had an open net, not that big of a deal. But, you're probably less likely to ever see that happen again.

7. Jabo

Jabo Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I saw him against Maryland earlier in the year and though he was a sub and probably only got about 40 minutes of run, I thought that he was one of hte best players Wake had. I was surprised that he was playing more of a midfield role after seeing him exclusively on D with the U-17's but his skill was clearly evident. Good touch on the dribble, good vision and comparatively good passing. I think he's going to do well there and in the future.