Ricky van den Bergh

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by JayRockers!, Nov 24, 2004.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
  2. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Sparta turned down the Fire, not Ricky. This has popped up before, and he's still on our radar I think.

3. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/contentid=67867/sc=2fcd51

It's in dutch unfortunately....

It says the Fire are after him again. Sparta commented that Fire's bid has to be four times the one they made last time, and that vd Bergh will definitely finish the season in Rotterdam. What happens next season is still open......

4. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    yeah forest is a real step up in the world. this would be a good call :rolleyes:

5. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It would be from a dutch 1st division point of view......

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not when Sparta are in first place, so they are going to be playing in the Eredivisie next year. If Ricky moves, it's going to be somewhere bigger than Forest, I'd think. And I'm honestly not sure we're big enough, despite what Liam keeps telling us.

7. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    True, but chances are great they'll immediately relegate again next season. An adventure abroad is what every player wants here. Playing in the MLS and especially living in Chicago could be a unique opportunity for him. I wouldn't dismiss your chances to land him just yet....

8. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    Four times the last offer... any clue on how much the last offer was and whether 4x that amount is even realistic with our allocation money? I mean, 100K - 400K is doable, but 250k to a cool mil isn't. Obviously they're just laying negotiation parameters and it will end up being less then 4x the original offer, but it's still good to know this kind of thing.

9. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think we're talking about 100k-400k here, at the very most....
    Salaries aren't that high in the 1st division, and his contract is up in 2006.

10. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    Well, going from 100k to 400k I think is certainly obtainable with our allocation money. I would wonder what kind of contract he would want and how we'll fit him into the cap.

It does, however, suck that they seem to be insistent that he stay until the end of the Dutch season, meaning we have to wait for the summer window to get him. Can we offer to make them some Pfennekocken (sp?) as part of the trade and get him now?

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    heheh....you mean Pannenkoeken? :)

Don't know how keen the Sparta management are on those ;)

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just going off of memory, so I might be completely off about this number, but I remember that they wanted about a million(possibly euros) last time. I think we offered half, and they turned us down. If my memory is correct, they're probably asking for 2 million now.

Makes sense, the kid scored like 16 goals in 9 games.

13. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    If that is the case, this transfer will never happen.

14. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's what I'm saying. Spart may be a 2nd division club, but they are going up, and they have something special in Ricky. They aren't going to let him go for less than 1M Euros (probably closer to 2, as Greddy says), and the exchange rate isn't in our favor. He's got a year to prove himself in the Eredivisie next year, and even if Sparta go right back down (which is not a certainty at all) he won't be stuck there if he has a good season. If he has a good season, he could end up at one of the bigger dutch clubs in no time, and then European football is an option. Why would he come over here? :confused:

15. VfB Feuerwehr

VfB Feuerwehr New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    In the Cube-Forest
    Yeah, doesn't make sense as a career move... I guess I'll write this off as dead until I hear something to convince me otherwise.