Rick Santorum book reviews

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by obie, Jul 5, 2005.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Fantastic. That says enough for me.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neg rep for life. God you're an idiot. (And yes, I mean God too if he.she.it/themother********er exists for making people like this).

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    If any American soldiers deliberately and knowingly killed journalists then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law...are there even any such cases??

That doesn't really address the morality of either one, though, unless you're specifically discussing black slavery in the ante-bellum US vs. legal abortion in the US post-Roe v. Wade.

FWIW, I've read that there was a debate back then in the slave-trading community about whether it was preferable to give your slaves relatively comfortable conditions during the trans-Atlantic crossing, thus ensuring that the vast majority would arrive in good health and would fetch a very high price per slave at auction, or simply cram as many as possible into the ship, compensating for the lower value of each slave by being able to sell more slaves; essentially, a quality vs. quantity debate. It fascinates me in a morbid way that people back then could deny others their basic human rights yet have all these advanced economically-based theories on which was the "best" way to do so.

Anyways, if you believe as I do that human life begins at conception, then it's hardly a stretch to go from there to morally equating abortion with slavery.