Rick Santorum book reviews

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by obie, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm guessing it's not permanent erection... ;)

2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I really shouldn't be concerned that a US Senator is a dangerous moron?

Wow, I feel so much better...

3. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

This guy hasn't caused Armegeddon yet

[​IMG]

I rest my case

4. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dfb547490: Citing a liberal blog's second-hand inaccurate analysis of the senator's views is neither accurate or impartial... Thus, a primary source (the Senate web site or the book's site)... The partial quotes attributed to the Senator on the blog cited are innacurate. I recommend primary source sites:
    Senator Rick Santorum
    http://santorum.senate.gov/public/
    (His Senate Web) wherein he posts his platform on policy issues.
    or his book:
    It Takes a Family (ISI Books)
    http://www.ittakesafamily.com/index.html

Further, you need to read the full quotes in context. On the face, however, regarding slavery in a general sense compared to the holocaust of abortion, the issue has been made by others many times before and it is valid:
    (Illustrated Top of Page: http://www.ekkcom.com/slavery.htm)

and the issue is discussed in frank detail here:
    http://www.famteam.com/voiceless.php
    "The practice of selling blacks had a hammerlock on this country for two centuries; yet, here we are, only a few generations removed from the era of slavery, and the great-great-grandchildren of slaves have become interwoven into the fabric of our country at every level, from athletics to politics to the media. The same 180-degree turnaround can occur on the issue of abortion if we who revere life will move calmly forward and plainly speak out for those who are voiceless."

I applaud Senator Santorum for his book which, in addition to the highlighting the abortion/slavery issue, also counters Hillary Clinton's wrongheadedness about the village as mandkind's gatekeeper and steward; Senator Santorum is correct in emphasizing the central and critical role of the family as the most important unit in society.

5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey Georgie boy, the reviews are . . . sssshhhhh . . . wait for it . . . . satire and comedy -- not "railing on and on."

The comments that do rip santorum are warranted given his position as one of only 100 elected US Senators. Of course, your arguments are consistent with your posts taking conservatives to task for ripping Dick Durbin last month.

Btw, I think Santorum lost any chance at a national office when he refused to buy properly fitted dress shirts that don't push up that little fat roll that droops over his collar.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Something larger than he is?

I don't think you understand how powerful a US Senator seat actually is.

7. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Not only a senator, but number 3 in the Republican Senate leadership.

Santorum and the religious righties who want to control people's lives are the mainstream of the Republican Party (remember, Santorum doesn't think you have any right to privacy. Whether you're gay or straight, he thinks the government has a compelling interest in promoting only procreative sex and can outlaw anything else.)*

It's the moderate and libertarian conservatives that are marginal voices in at least the legislative portion of the Republican party. Legislators beholden to or committed to the religious right hold the power in the House and Senate. Other conservatives might not like it, they may try to paint Santorum as equivalent to Michael Moore or moveon.com, but a look at the leadership of the Senate and House leave no other conclusion.

*This is why I think the Democrats should move away from an emphasis on protecting choice to an emphasis on protecting privacy. It draws a bunch of issues (abortion, medical stuff, patriot act, right to determine end of life options) together in new ways that the majority of Americans support and draws explicit comparison between the Dems and the most unpopular Republican positions. Americans are divided on abortion, they're much less divided on privacy.

8. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Hey Christine

I knew the reviews are satire, but the posts here aren't

Be careful ! Rick might be hiding in your closet tonight when you try to go to sleep. Cause I hear that's where boogeymen like to go

10. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    The only link that is really required for ole Rick ....

11. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    Are you completely unaware of the power wielded by a US Senator? And the #3 ranked one at that?

We can only hope that this book helps the good people of PA to come to their senses.

12. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    This is all I know about this guy. Guliani drops out in the NY senate race because because of the BIG C against Hilary. This guy ran against Hilary in NY as a replacement. Supposed this guy scared Hillary by standing too close to her during the debates :) So he loses and she wins.

I never thought I would here about this guy again. All of a sudden he becomes a senator in Penn?

Now he writes a book? Who is he that I want to read his book. Has he screwed 2000 women oh no that was Chamberlin.

13. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    Same people who posted that think abortion isn't a bad thing.

14. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

[​IMG]

Nope

No clue at all on that one :rolleyes:

15. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    You know, he does look strikingly similar to Rick Lazio, something about that weird immoble parted hair that all Republican politicians have. Despite the temptation to believe in some "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" type Republican pod farm, I believe they're actually different people.

And Wilt screwed 20,000. :D

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    On another thread, I mentioned that comedy is the only form of "art" that you are likely to find on a discussion board. It is an art form primarily because it is difficult to fashion something truly funny, but easy to blirt out something you think is funny, but is not. Thank you for helping to prove the point.

Btw, it would not shock me at all if Santorum is, in fact, hiding in a closet, but its not my closet.

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    You mean the conservative senator of Massachusetts?

Wingnut parallels are simultaneously amusing and mystifying.

18. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    20000 and his dick didn't fall off amazing.

See my mind is going how can I make that mistake. Lazio well they both were name Rick any way. One Rick is the same as another Rickey Ricardo Rick barry whats the difference.

19. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    I always like the wrinkled suits he wears in the senate after a tough night.

20. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

It's BLURT

Unless you really did mean a gust of wind, as in hot air. In that case I defer to you as the expert

21. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    How many Ted Kennedy posts do we sit through before officially diagnosing an obsession/fixation. It is funny (you are getting the hang of this humor thing) that your inital post was scolding people to lighten up and let it go, and you can't seem to get your mind off of Ted Kennedy.

22. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Just wait

Next up is the Hillary and Nancy Pelosi rants

Get some popcorn for that one

23. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Post #10
    Post #29
    Damn! I'm playing the lottery...........

24. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Chris M. neg repped me for this. I consider it a compliment

:)

I guess I touched a nerve

;)

25. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, spelling smack is just extremely weak.