Richmond viewing Sunday for DC @ Fire

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Sep 20, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I haven't been able to get on the computer due to a virus that has somehow consumed my poor little laptop, but there's a game Sunday. It's on a viewing delay, so it will be shown at 7:30pm on Comcast. Anyone down for Macs again? Pedro, do you want to talk to him and set it up?

Also, next Wednesday is DC at home vs. Guadalajarrible (read it out loud, it makes more sense that way, haha). I haven't decided if I'm going for sure or not (I should work and make money to pay my rent and bills), but I will definitely be at the game at home that Saturday (not this Sat, next Sat).

Begin posting...now!

2. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CRAP!!! I was definitely on planning skipping class on Wednesday to go to the game, but now my professor all of a sudden comes up with some stupid excuse to keep me there, some stupid thing he likes to call an exam. I think I know whats going on here, he hates soccer!

3. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the CSN website and DCUnited.com Sunday's game will be broadcast on delay at 4:00pm. I'm not sure what my schedule will allow but I'm aiming to try and be there. I believe Pedro said that Mac would open early than their normal 5:00 for us if we gave him notice. Can you see what he says Pedro and report back? With pointy ball starting at 4:15 and him normally opening at 5:00, we should'nt see anyone there to watch a game but us I'm hoping.

4. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I'll be moving that day so its looks like I'm not going to be able to make it either.

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'd just like to say I have no idea what's going on when I can't get on the internet on a regular basis, haha.

I think Pedro said he might be working Sunday, so that could be a possibility for the game (Bottoms Up). That seems weird that the game delay is only half an hour...it was originally listed as being delayed until 7:30. I guess if two sites say it's true, it might be.

Hopefully I can get on here sometime tomorrow and maybe something can be finalized.

6. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry liz, wasn't trying to call you out :eek: Just a to the point kind of guy :) If Pedro is working at Bottom's Up I think we should head there instead of trying to get Mac to open up early. Maybe the new widescreen he told us about a couple weeks ago is installed now? If not, seems like a small group for Sunday so we should be ok with sight lines on the TVs sitting downstairs in the corner of the bar like we did last Sunday game Pedro worked we all went to.

I have a game at 1:00 out at Dorey Park so will be done at 3:00 and then heading into town. Going to be a tight squeeze.

7. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll try to talk to Pedro sometime today and see what the deal is with him working. Now that I think about it I don't know if he meant he was working at BU or in his studio. If he's not working at BU, where do you want to watch? I kind of feel bad for making Mac open early if it's only going to be less than 5 people...

Other options: try to steal a screen at Home Team Grill, Penny Lane (are they open Sunday afternoons?), I don't know. Like I said, it's hard to know what's going on and hard to organize things when I can't get online whenever I please. I only get an hour of internet time a day at the public library, haha. There are 5 NFL games and 4 or 5 MLB games going on during our game, not to mention a NASCAR race (I checked schedules on espn.com to see what we'd be competing with on tv).

Brian, give me a call later on and maybe we plan something definitely and you can post it here? I'll PM you my number if you don't have it.

8. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be bartending at bottoms up Sunday at 4pm. It's a pretty dead time of the day so I'll be putting the DC game on the tv's. The big screen TV is upstairs, there might not be anyone working up there at that time, but I can probably get it on for you guys, and you can just come down and get your drinks from me, or there might even be a server. Also, I think I've decided to go to both Wednesday and Saturday games coming up at RFK. Let me know about a carpool

Pedro