Richmond: viewing parties 8/15, 8/18 and carpool info 8/22!

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Aug 14, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    This Wednesday (tomorrow) is the SuperLiga matchup between DC and LA. The game is at 10pm on Telefutura, and I think Piccola's at Main and Harrison might be the only place that gets this channel. I don't know how late they stay open though, so I don't know how feasible that option is. The game can also be watch in a live feed on www.superliga2007.com, which is how I've watch the past games. I have to work until 11, so I may bring my laptop up to Legend to watch the first half if anyone wants to join, haha.

Saturday, we play the Crew away. It's a 7:30pm game on Comcast. Home Team Grill wasn't too bad when we were there a few weeks ago, but I don't know what it will be like on a Saturday night. How about Penny Lane for this one? Hopefully we can either get that downstairs corner or the upstairs bar corner. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be there for this one, but I'm going to try (it's Best Friends Day at Haddad's, haha).

SO, to recap:

Wednesday night - 10pm, either Piccola's or watch it on your own computer.
    Saturday night - 7:30pm, Penny Lane

Also, don't forget next Wednesday, the 22nd, we have NY at home at 7:30 (tailgate starts at 3:30). I'd like to head out of Richmond by 1:30 at the latest and I will be coming back that night, if we want to start working on any carpool stuff.

Richard, let me know what kind of beer you want and when I can get it to you. :)

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piccola's is open until midnight so they should be able to show the whole game. at the very least let some "loyal customers" stay a few minutes after close to finish up the game, which i'm sure they wouldn't mind if people are spending money and drinking beer. besides they have good calamari

Piccola's Italy Pizza & Subs
    1100 W Main St
    Richmond, VA 23220
    (804) 355-3111

Open Mon-Thu,Sun 12pm-12am;
    Fri-Sat 11am-2am

3. Doug Dobey

Doug Dobey New Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just talked to them on the phone and got the usual excellent response:
    Yeah yeah sure sure, come on down, we show the game.
    Love it.

4. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like there is a very strong possiblity I'll be in DC on Wednesday without my car due to work. Any possiblity I could jump into a car that's headed back to Richmond for the game against the Scum on the 22nd? Got a Parking Pass in hand I can give to whoever is driving up ahead of time.

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Since I haven't heard anything else about carpooling, I'm assuming I'm driving up alone, so you can hitch a ride back with me. Anyone else that would like to ride up with me, I'm leaving RVA around 1:30, and if you'd like a ride back, I'm heading back here after the game. Get on it...I'll take 2 more people and gas money! Haha.

6. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't forget! 7:30 Saturday night at Penny Lane to watch DC vs. Crew!

As I said before, I don't know what time I'll be getting there, but hopefully some people show up and get either the downstairs corner or the tv by the upstairs bar.

Since Pedro didn't do it, I'm sending out an email.

7. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic! Just shoot me a PM and I'll get you the parking pass before Wednesday.

I'll be in C-bus tomorrow night so I'll tip a few back for the Richmond crew! VAMOS UNITED!!!!!!

8. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would love to join you guys, but I got a show in Ashland, go united! update me via text if you could

Pedro

9. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Are you going to the game on Wednesday? I might have one seat left.

10. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I have no idea if anyone will check this today, but I misread the channel listings for the game and the game is on HDNet/CN8, NOT Comcast! :( I don't know if Penny Lane gets this channel...hopefully someone will find out, and no, it's not on the local CN8.

Ugh.

11. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Ok, so Penny Lane, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Home Team Grill all don't get HDNet. Sorry everyone...it looks like this is another channel nowhere in Richmond gets. Lame.

12. RedUfc

RedUfc New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Richmond
    I'm headed up solo at this time. Brian Barnes is a good friend for a reference. Use caspermarkj@yahoo.com to email me..

13. WillisSkullsVA

WillisSkullsVA New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Richmond Virginia
    What is the ticket setup for the Red Bulls game? Does Barra just sell them from Oscars van? I am trying to get set up for me and a co-worker from Honduras and a guy from f-burg who I gave a ride home after the LA Gals game....Also if you want a Richmond car-train we shold link up here if possible.....so I may have one or two spots in he car for someone.....anyhow any ideas? Late

14. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yup, you just buy tickets from Oscar's truck...$24 member, $26 non-member. I'm heading out of Richmond at 1:30 on Wednesday. As of right now I have no one riding up with me and one person riding back, which leaves space for 2 more (3 if you'd like to be uncomfortable). :)

15. WillisSkullsVA

WillisSkullsVA New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Richmond Virginia
    yeah can I catch a ride Liz? You just want me to meet you at your house or can you pic me up at mine? I live right across the nickle bridge.......looks like I will be solo....eaisier that way and I don't want to have to organize picking people up in f-burg....anyhow let me know I am trying to hitch a ride......Later Skater

16. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    If you could meet at my house it would be easier, since I live at the Belvidere exit for 95. I'll PM you with directions later on today.

17. Doug Dobey

Doug Dobey New Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those unable to get up to RFK on a school/work night:
    DC v Cows, 8.22, 7:30, Penny Lane (5th and Franklin).

18. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there not until right around 7:30. Need to get some house stuff done after work.