Richmond - viewing for Houston game?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    DC @ Houston on Sunday - 8:30pm on Comcast. Any plans for watching it anywhere?

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beat me to it. I was gonna say Pennylanes, but they'll be closed. Bottoms Up has Jazz Sunday nights so that won't work. Perhaps Buffalo Wild Wings, or the upstairs bar at bottoms up, it would be better if it isnt busy and we can get the sound, and just run downstairs to get drinks from the bar

Pedro

3. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Either place works for me. What other sporting events are going on Sunday? That might be a conflict with BDubs. I'm contemplating either taking my sister back early on Sunday or taking her back late...probably the early option so I can make it back for the game and not have to worry about it. :)

4. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of normal baseball games I don't know of anything that would be a conflict at B-dubs. However, upstairs at Bottoms Up sounds good too.

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Pedro just messaged me to say there's a jazz band at Bottoms Up and that he doesn't plan on going out anyway. Bdubs at 8:30?

6. BoxOfEpilepsy

BoxOfEpilepsy New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    so what's the word on location? i'm up for either. but i cast my vote for b-dubs. as does another DC man here with me. and just to make sure-- are we talking about the bw3 on parham or downtown? see y'all fooz tomorrow night.

7. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Downtown.

I think that will be the final answer: BDubs downtown, 8:30...we'll make them put at least one tv on for us!

If there are any objections let me know - otherwise, I'll see you there!

8. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't forget to tell them it's on comcast sportsnet. I'll send out a message on the email list.

Pedro

9. BoxOfEpilepsy

BoxOfEpilepsy New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    sweeeet. we'll let them know. i'll be there a little before 8 so i'll get a few tables as close to the bar as i can

10. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Awesome. I'll be there just after 8. See you there!

11. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm flaking out. Game tonight killed my energy level playing in the heat (I know, break out the violins) and I'm sitting on my couch for this one. Have fun folks.:eek:

12. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    You didn't miss much, obviously, haha. BDubs ended up not getting Comcast somehow (that must be the one sports channel they don't get...either that or the people trying to find it don't know how to work a tv), so there were 7 of us at Bottoms Up - luckily their downstairs bar was accommodating. Vamos United, despite the poor showing on the pitch tonight.

13. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've gone in there before and asked for stations I knew they had and been told they "don't have it". What a joke. I mean it's not like we're going to show up and order water all night. They're going to make money off of us. We need to commandeer the screen Legend uses (used) for movies and watch it there :D

14. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Good luck with that. The owner of Legend is adamant about making sure Legend isn't a sports bar, which is why there is one tiny tv in the dart room. Plus, I try not to hang out there outside of when I work, haha.

15. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** legend