Richmond, VA: RVA DCU fans happy hour at Renegade's game

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by PedroUnited, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to find a babysitter. Our usual one is not available. Hopefully at the very least I will get to go and make up the family time later. What time would this shin-dig start and end? We going to meet somewhere prior to the game?

2. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I am so there. Thanks for putting all this together Pedro.

3. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game time aka face-off (in hockey terms) is 7:30ish. We can all either meet at Bottom's Up, where I'll be getting the tickets from, or we can meet at the gate closest to the coliseum parking deck. What ever is best for everyone. I suggest bottoms up so some of us don't have to stand outside to wait for everyone while it's freezing out. Then we can carpool and perhaps save money on parking. let me know if anyone has other ideas

Pedro

4. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a plan to me Pedro. Game starts promptly at 7:35 so would recommend folks be at Bottom's Up no later than 7:00 and we can head over shortly after that. Good idea to get to the Coliseum early and enjoy the amenities in the box. I usually park about 3 blocks away on the street for free and walk over. If raining or what not, parking deck across the street from the Coliseum is only $5.

5. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I can be at Bottoms Up at 7. I'll just walk down from work.

6. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Meeting at Bottoms Up sounds good to me. I hope there are going to be hot dogs... :)

7. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know a couple of the folks that work the Will Call booth so we could potentially leave a ticket or two there. IIRC the box Harvie owns is right beside the entrance at 6th Street. As long as potential stragglers have a phone and can call one of us it would take about 30 seconds to run the ticket out and get back to the box.

On a topic totally unrelated to anything soccer or hockey....

If you haven't gotten the new DBT album, don't delay, it rocks!! :D

8. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am down with Bottom's Up meeting. Can't confirm yet about babysitter so don't know whether it will be just me or Page will be coming along.

9. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok so those who are in, I say 6:30 at bottoms up, have a round or 2 and carpool over to the Coliseum. word

Pedro

10. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deal. I might be there a little before that.

Not sure if anyone thought about this or not but USA/Mexico game is on at 9pm on Wednesday on ESPN2. We have a TV in the box that gets ESPN2 so we'll be able to watch the first half and part of 2nd while at the game. :D Oh this night just keeps getting better. What's the possibility of getting a TV at Bottom's Up afterwards for the end of 2nd half?

11. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just realized that the USA/Mexico game was the same night. The news that there is a TV in the box is awesome. Couldn't we easily head to Penny Lane for the last bit of the soccer game?

12. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea that's awesome we get to watch the USA match! After the hockey game I'm actually heading to a show at mojo's that some friends are playing. I know they play sports there on the tv regularly, I'll see if they can change it while I watch some rock n roll. cool. so we're down with meeting at BU roughly around 6:30

Pedro

13. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Ill be there at 6:30.

14. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to go to Penny Lane but not sure what the logistics with folks cars will be if any are at BU. I can get 4 in my car and am happy to get folks back down there if needed.

15. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll also be heading to Mojo's after the game, but they're usually pretty good about having a sports channel and/or soccer on... :)

16. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We found a babysitter. So both Page and I will be at Bottom's Up, sitter coming at 6 so we are golden. Since I have no Renegades gear I will be forced to bust out the DCU gear

17. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey that reminds me. I would encourage ALL to rock out DCU gear to show our mad passion, this is a DCU fans gathering anyways. see you and paige at 6:30 at BU

Pedro

18. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a great idea. Although I do reserve the right to throw my US jersey on at 9 :D

19. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that reminds me, I got a sweet US jersey from my brother, I traded for my Carrol Jersey, it was too small anyways. At least if I ever want it back, it's in the family

20. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to see everyone. Big shout out to Pedro for organizing this. Nice job.

21. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Good times last night. Many thanks Pedro.

22. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no problem, we should do this more often!