Richmond - carpool for 10/20

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't forget, we have yet ANOTHER Saturday night home game coming up this weekend! This is the last regular season home game and it will have the tribute match before the actual game.

I'm in and I can drive if needed (remember, I leave early from Richmond).

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in of course.

3. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    So it looks like tailgating will start around 1 this Saturday, which means a possible 11am departure from Richmond. Tailgating will end at 5:15 for the Marco match.

4. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I"m going to a friend's birthday party so it looks like i'm out for this one.

5. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm driving up this weekend but plan on getting to DC closer to 2:30-3:00 so looking to leave Richmond at 12:30(ish).

6. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got Harry coming with me, so add him to the car Liz. I'm thinking of going into the tribute match around halftime, I just don't see myself paying for beers in the stadium for 4 hours, El Diablo would understand. Both Brian and our's cars are leaving at similar times, maybe we could form it into one car to save on gas and parking. Eh?

Pedro

7. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the Barra tailgate ends at 5:15 anyways, so I will be going in for the whole tribute match, I'll just have to get extra drunk at the tailgate. Oh and Lot 8 only (according to Chico) opens at 1:30pm

8. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in as well. So I think we are at 5 already. Brian you still have a parking pass because I do as well. If we end up in two cars we'll find a way to make sure the extra is distributed.

9. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    excellent, let's work this out if we can take one car.

10. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking like I've got another coming up with me so that puts us at 6 and 2 cars for sure. I live up by Va. Center Commons now about a mile from the intersection of I-95/I-295. Will absolutely be going in for all of both matches and hope to get a couple hours of the tailgates in prior.

11. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doug you and your crew or is it crue, coming up? Is so we are getting close to van size. Brian if you see Doug at work ask him, since he might not be checking this thread.

12. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will do. He moved to another building so don't get to see him as much as when he worked downstairs but I'll give him a shout.

Edited: Just heard back and he is going up but working on finalizing his crew/crue at present.

13. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm planning on leaving Richmond at 11:30, and it looks like I have 3 total in my car as of right now - me, Pedro, and Harry.

Just reiterating what has been mentioned already.

14. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liz, Harry lives in Lakeside, so the "Liz Mobile" will be making a quick stop, no point making him come into the city, cool?

So let's get this organized:

Liz Mobile leaves at 11:30am w/ 3 peeps

Brian Moreno9's pimp ride leaves probably an hour later w/ 2 maybe 3 depending on what Richard wants to do, if you do go with Brian, can we have your parking pass Richard? (Richard take note, you will have to endure the sounds of "Widespread Panic" on the 2 hour drive up) :p

Doug's Bangbus leaves around ?? w/?? and ??

Willis what's your deal buddy? Mommy lettin' you out for this one?

15. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This trip will be all Britney thank you. With some **********cat Dolls thrown in the mix I hope.

16. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I dig. Pedro - we're picking Harry up AT 11:30, so you better be at my house at least a few minutes before that so we can get on the road. I have one more comfortable seat in my car if anyone wants to ride in the Liz Mobile (aka the get there early leave there late train), and although you won't be listening to Widespread Panic or Britney, you will be listening to Darkest Hour. Take your pick! :D

I'm super stoked for Saturday!

17. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will catch a ride with Brian. I will get the pass to either Pedor or Liz. You working tonight or tomorrow? We might be heading there for dinner or at least I can drop it off.

With all the music selections being tossed about it looks like I will be bringing my Ipod.

18. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow that is HARSH. I got permission a couple weeks ago and Page always writes something nice on my lunchbag.

19. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good. PM on the way shortly with directions to the new place. Bring something for me to plug it into my radio (FM converter or cassette converter) and we'll listen to whatever.

20. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do you get a snack pack!!?? I'll trade you a pbr for your snack pack!

21. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Ran into Willis today...he is a no go for tomorrow so he can go to the Thursday night playoff game.

See you guys tomorrow!