Richards heading to Wolves??

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chriswalk27, Sep 27, 2004.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Not really new info but thought we might need some good news.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews

Only problem is it is from fansfc which means some guy in his basement probably just made it up because Wolves need help in defense.

Also as a sidenote Yeates being back is good news if you ask me as we need more attacking options on the bench as Silva just isn't up to playing first team football yet. Has anyone heard who we are going to send in Yeates's place??

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mark Hughes got recalled from his loan at Northampton on the same day, so there's talk that he might be the one to go to Swindon. Which would be fine with me, he doesn't have a chance of getting into the first team centre midfield.

3. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Didn't see that. Interesting news. Why is Swindon being such pricks about the whole deal though? Did they think they would be 1 million pounds for a 15 year?? and if they couldn't get along with Yeates how is that our fault??

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's all about what they can get from us, in their division every advantage is a big help to them and moaning publically is a good way to apply pressure. I think it's also a pride issue, having to lose their brightest prospects to us so easily, they need to show that they've got some spine and can stand up to us. It's all hot air, the terms of the agreement were well set out by Tottenham, so there's nothing Swindon can do except make noise.

Yeates is a good example of what the club warned Swindon about, that just because they want one of our young players, doesn't mean the player wants to spend a season with them and ultimately it's the player's decision. Yeates, rightfully imo, has his eyes on getting first team games with us this season and playing League One football all season is a big step down for him.

5. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    I understand Yeates not wanting to go out on loan but do you think he has a shot at first team football this year?? Seems like his only chance for that is injuries but maybe he could sneak in as fourth striker over Silva.

I would really like to see what he could do at left midfield until Atouba comes back from injury. He looked very impressive at the end of last year but you can't really tell if Wolves had their hearts in that game or not. Weren't they already relegated at that point?? Anyway, just think Santini needs to start looking in other directions for a left midfielder as JJ has lost all confidence and really isn't quality enough to hang in the EPL.