Richard “Richie” Ledezma at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 7, 2018.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ledezma doesn't get off the bench in the "shooting fish in a barrel" 6-0 win. Groningen gamely kept it to 2-0 till right about when I turned it on. They scored 4 more by the end, but could have hit another 3 or 4 if not for some lucky/scrappy defending/keeping. Groningen just couldn't even pretend at a point... Shocking to seem them so out of everything. Maybe Ritchie get minutes Monday with JongPSV or maybe he's moving and won't get any minutes at all.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    JPSV have ADO today. Possible Ledezma could be with them. Meanwhile, on a PSVfan site what has already been reported. (This is just the google. Too lazy to clean it up today.)

"Richard Ledezma is in the interest of the American New York City FC. The club from 'The Big Apple' would like to take over the midfielder from the Eindhoven team on a rental basis.

Ledezma hardly appears in the piece at PSV, but due to the departure of Marco van Ginkel, the people of Eindhoven are not widely in the midfielders. However, interesting players such as Mohammed Nassoh, Mathijs Tielemans and Isaac Babadi present themselves from the youth academy.

Ledezma is still fixed in the Philips Stadium until mid-2024 and NYCFC would therefore like to take over the midfielder on a rental basis. With a good offer, PSV would also like to look at the other options, the Eindhovens Dagblad knows. Ledezma can still play for Young PSV at his age, but PSV itself thinks it is better for him to gain experience in a first team."

https://www.psvfans.nl/psver-richard-ledezma-kan-eindhoven-inruilen-voor-new-york/

3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love to see Richie at NYCFC. Just very difficult to break through with PSV. If he breaks into the starting 11 at NYCFC then he has a better chance of making at PSV down the road.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Doesn't look like he's even on the bench. Seems a NY sojourn might be in the offing?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fingers crossed for the move. If he starts the season at NYCFC it would be at almost exactly the same age that Luca de La Torre started playing for Heracles Almo

The Irish Rover and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the deal is done:

Juan Carlos
    @JUAN_C71

Incoming signing

Richard Ledezma has reached a New deal with PSV but will be joining #NYCFC for the upcoming 2023 season on loan. It’s understood PSV want to keep hold of his transfer rights

He’s made 6 appearances with PSV up to now

7. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh

More smoke for Ledezma to NYCFC. NYCFC almost never has transfer rumors leaked that don’t turn out to be real. They run a tight ship to the point that it is almost hostile to local media.

This is a good place for Richie; he won’t be thrown into a starting role right away, especially if Santi Rodriguez re-signs with NYCFC (and that looks likely). At the same time, if he is capable of playing as a 10 Santi can easily play left wing and did so frequently last season.

NYCFC is great for players who love to attack and love the ball. Ledezma will fit in great and will have the support of one of the best midfield partnerships in MLS.

If Richie can start for NYCFC it’s entirely possible for them to run out a starting lineup with 3 USMNT capped midfielders, which would be the first time in a while that’s happened if MLS (if ever).

8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    its encouraging that PSV want to keep him.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. I never quite understood the sentiment of some posters he wasnot valued by PSV.

adam tash repped this.
  10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did not play a lot and we are very impatient.

11. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    They clearly were very high on him at one point. He appeared to be breaking into the starting lineup at the time he went down with the knee. No way to know for sure how he would have ended up but things could have worked out very differently for Richie if he didn't get injured. It's been said many times before but that knee was just an absolute killer for him.

I am certainly no expert on PSV, and am just guessing, but it seems to me like they might now view him more as a marketable asset that they want to get some ROI on rather than somebody who will likely be a future mainstay in the PSV first team???

Sup Bro repped this.
  12. Seanin

Seanin Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Ridiculously overvalued by segments of the US fanbase. People wanted to bring him to Qatar! He’ll be a slightly above average player in MLS.

13. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    How can you possibly know that?

gomichigan24 repped this.
  14. Seanin

Seanin Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Obviously I can’t. It’s just my personal judgement based on what often happens to guys who can’t quite make it in Europe: they’re not elite in MLS. In the admittedly limited sample of his play that I’ve seen, he appears to have good feet, but not a lot of end product, and he’s physically limited. I just don’t see what seems to impress other people. But I’m open to persuasion. As I say, I’m not as familiar with him as I am with more visible players.

theboogeyman repped this.
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Ledezma is going to play in a midfield with a guy who couldn't quite make it in Europe but is elite in MLS. Of course, NYCFC also brought in Zelalem, Juan Pablo Torres, and Gloster, and none are with the team now. I think Ledezma is better than any of those 3.

17. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn’t say Parks is elite in MLS. He’s a starter on a good team - above average, for sure. But not being good enough for Benfica doesn’t mean you’re not good enough for Europe. There is a huge gap there. He could have played in Europe.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  18. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Parks is elite in MLS and it’s silly to pretend otherwise. Elite at ball progression, elite at chance creation (for a 6/8), elite on set piece attacking and defending. He’s also
    elite in preventative defense, though not the best 1v1. For example, he ate Thiago Almada alive when they faced each other last season.

He’s put up top 5 numbers in advanced analytics for 4 years straight. No one else comes close over the same time frame.

Making it at Benfica is harder than making it at PSV but not wildly so. I think Richie could have been a starter elsewhere, just like Parks probably could have made it most places that weren’t Benfica.

adam tash repped this.
  19. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s too damn slow.

20. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. Parks gets underrated for some reason.....

PSV is mis-managing Ledezma's career and it seems that they now want to protect their investment and get what they can from him as they kick him out the door.....it's a shame...I think he is good enough for PSV. i hope MLS doesnt fall for it and doesnt give PSV a cent.

21. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    No he isn’t.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  22. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    How many minutes of soccer has PSV played him?

kruck repped this.
  23. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not being injured for many, many months would’ve helped his cause. But, he hasn’t lost the cause yet.

tomásbernal repped this.
  24. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    He's on life support.

The notion he is going to go play a season in MLS, blow the doors down and return to PSV next January(?) at 23 and break into the first team in a meaningful way seems like a pipe dream at this point.

25. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. It just seems unlikely. However, what I do think is possible…. He comes to MLS on loan, plays well, and attracts interest from elsewhere like Belgium, other Eredivisie clubs, or Germany. PSV probably sees this as a likely scenario. His value is raised playing in MLS than sitting on the pine in the Eredivisie. Granted, that transfer fee probably wouldn’t be significant but it’s better than losing him for free or cancelling his contract.

The Irish Rover and tomásbernal repped this.