Richard “Richie” Ledezma at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 7, 2018.

1. LivingStone

LivingStone Member

Barca
    United States
    May 21, 2019
    He made Soto!

2. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Watching the friendly PSV had today. Came on at half. Pretty much got an "assist" in the 75 min. It was a dummy but he made that play. But he actually got an assist later in the 88' with a great flick. Don't see why he shouldn't be in PSV's rotation

3. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  4. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    He's clearly behind Ihattaren in the depth chart. I don't know much about PSV, but they also have Mauro Jr., who was their starting central mid last year, even oven Ihattaren, who younger than both Mauro and Richie.

Both Ihattaren and Mauro have played RW as well, but PSV has some other talent there.

I hope Richie breaks through, but it's not going to be easy at PSV.

Richie's got to be rooting for some sales. He's likely going to have to start at Jong PSV. If he's improved from last year, he'll be productive against the non-Jong sides, and get some attention from other clubs.

Maybe he gets sold, maybe someone else gets sold. Maybe there's some injuries. But it's a tough haul there.

5. PSV got alot of matches to play, in the league and in Europe. If Ledezma is up to it, he will make valuable minutes to get experience.

6. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    1292458037140168704 is not a valid tweet id

7. HS Teacher

HS Teacher Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Spain
    Started this morning and scored for PSV U23 (the full match is YouTube with his goal at around the 7-minute mark of the video).

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Disappointing to see him play with this team. Hope it’s just to get minutes and back to the first team.

11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the 1st 65 minutes and he was clearly the best player out there for PSV U23. Kind of fun to hear the coaches giving directions to him. At any rate, when Gio was on the cusp of getting senior minutes he too went back and played for the youth team before finally getting the call. He certainly looked the part on the last senior friendly he played in. They played him for more than a half and the coach I talked about was asking him to hustle around the pitch a lot. Perhaps they want to get him to full fitness right now and that is easier to do with the U23 team? Even if he starts the year out with them I fully expect him to push for the senior squad. It is kind of the same boat for the Wolfsburg Crew... although I get the sense that Richie is pretty close to being called up.

frankburgers repped this.
  12. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Tbf gio was 16 Almost 17 at the time. Not quite the scenario here. But if it’s December and he still hasn’t broken through to at least getting a few sub appearances for ihattaren, then it’s time to panic.

yurch10 repped this.
  13. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Richie was really good against the Jong teams last year but struggled somewhat against the grown men.

Was Gent playing a full lineup? That would be a pretty big step for him if he's dominating in these kind of games versus just against other young players.

14. Mauro Junior, who's positions normally are AM, RW and LW, was by the coach surprisedly used as a left back and the coach was pleased to see how well Mauro acted there. If this would be the way things go in this season, it's bad news for Gloster and good news for Ledezma.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  15. upload_2020-8-15_1-57-35.png
    Today at 18:45 CEST this friendly takes place. I think this match will be used to test all regular players as some come back from injuries.
    Would be surprised if Richie or Chris take part.

16. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    It was the Gent youth team

Tom Collingsworth, Gacm32 and gogorath repped this.
  17. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    well nice goal all the same and those gent kids are doing well of working toward their goal at starting for barca one day

18. This is the reason.
    For this evening's match coach Schmidt needs to test a couple of regular first team players back since injury, so to keep preparing minutes in line with the first team players he needs to play.

19. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the sense I get too. I am on the fence as to whether he starts the season with the senior team but I think he is on the cusp. IMO, the fact that he started and went more than a half with the U23s is not a bad sign at all. They wanted to get him minutes and the senior coach needed to get other established players minutes as well today. I guess we will know more down the stretch of friendly games leading up to the season.

20. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ledezma has a ways to go for 1st team minutes. He is technical but a bit soft in his play. I think the other kid Niko is way more polished than him. Let's see what he does during the season.

21. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    Yeah seems like he is close. I thought he looked really solid in the senior friendly the other day. You have to believe he'll be a full-time member of the senior team at some point this season. Gloster...no

22. This coach has the playing style full throttle attacking soccer, which means you've got to have the energy to spend to play in this team this season.

23. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    What is your prediction for Richie this season?

24. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    antonio carrera

25. ogshortstufff

ogshortstufff Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 8, 2020
    Charlie (all due respect), but what the heck does this mean