Richard “Richie” Ledezma at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    It really just depends if the virus reacts to warm weather like SARS did. If it does? Then it should dramatically help the fight against it and should be managed by the time the Olympics rolls around.

Obviously there is a possibility that it is resistant to warm weather, but if it follows trends on similar viruses it won't be.

Gacm32 repped this.
  2. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    1232688238600560640 is not a valid tweet id

Higher Learning, Gacm32, taylor and 6 others repped this.
  3. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    just another yank soon to breakthrough at a champions/europa league level club. no big deal imo

4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the 1st team today:

5. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    This was a huge year for, great to see he's taking advantage. Got to think he'll get his debut soon if he keeps performing

scholes181818 repped this.
  6. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Maybe. Everything I've read seems to be journalists think he will be released for Olympic Qualifying. I wouldn't think someone too close to the first team would be released for an optional event but idk.

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Uly, Mendez and Gloster are in similar positions... although the former might be the closest to seeing 1st team action. While the organizations certainly don't want to lose players from their senior teams for OC... it may be a bit different for youth players. An audition of sorts if you will.... Was Uly training with the USMNT worse for his career at Wolfsburg than training with the senior team over the break? He certainly made the most of his opportunity and likely opened up some eyes in the FO. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the names listed were released for the U23 squad.... it might be the springboard they need to make the jump to their senior teams.

don Lamb repped this.
  8. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    He also reported that Dest was selecting the Orange, I think.

He seems to believe anything anyone says without verifying or casting a critical eye at all.

9. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    In terms of a traditional dribble and pass ten, he’s the best prospect we have. (I dont think of Reyna stylistically that way).

10. PSV has in the midfield among others Mexican/Japanese/NZealand/Dutch national team players and two of the highest touted talents Ihattaren and Madueke. To expect Richie to burst in very soon is a bit much as you noted.

11. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Que long term injuries.

12. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    The starters at the two positions he'd be used at are a 20 and an 18 year Dutch player, neither with any senior caps, and a 25-year old Kiwi national player. He won't walk in to those positions but that's not the sealed route you make it to be. Backing them up is indeed a Dutch national team player (and PSV captain) and Portugese national team player - who mind you aren't starting - as well as a 17 year old Japanese national player, a 21-year old Dutch national (4 caps), currently injured and likely to reclaim a starting role, and a 31 year old Greek national team player on loan.

That's a lot of bodies and a lot of young talent but nothing that screams "he's going to have to wait his turn." He may never get a shot, or he may get one quickly; PSV sure isn't playing resumes by having Bruma and Affelay on the bench. We'll see.

russ and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    Does PSV play consistently with a #10? I assume that Thomas plays more that role than a withdrawn striker when he starts, but he doesn't start all the time. It looks like PSV often play a 4-3-3 with 3 central midfielders instead.

14. It's almost never a sealed route, but it's not easy.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/psv-eindhoven/kadernachposition/verein/383
    upload_2020-2-27_22-15-52.png

The 18 year old kid is the huge talent Ihattaren, who made the whole country sigh of relief after choosing the Orange team. It's just a question of months before he claims his spot in the Orange team.

15. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    I don't doubt they all have potential, but if all these attackers were already world class PSV wouldn't be sitting 4th in the eridivisie. ledezma has potential too. We'll see.

16. Mmm, you obviously didnot follow PSV this season. They started well and their attack was the best. Malen was leading the topscorer list with 10 goals far ahead of the rest, until he got an injury that put him out of business this season as with Bergwijn, who only a few weeks back made his come back. PSV got almost their whole world class attack wiped of plus in other lines long injuries too. The rest of the topscorers in the league only after ten weeks caught up with Malen.
    Then they also sold Bergwijn this window. The first 10 matches they won 7, drew 2 and lost 1, as injuries costed them dearly in the next matches. Their defense is not very good and because of the attackers quality didnot get under pressure. When that was gone their weakness was exposed and points were lost.
    So before you make such statements like PSV only is 4th check facts first.

The guy on the spot where Ledezma's qualities lie is Ihattaren, considered the best talent of the last few years of the Netherlands. He started as a regular first team player at 17 yo. He already was a first team player at an age 2 years younger than Richie playing in the young team. He's a lock in for the future Orange team.
    This shows that it's a hard nut to crack to come in the first team.
    upload_2020-2-28_1-56-4.png

upload_2020-2-28_1-56-44.png

The other guy he has to deal with is Madueke:
    upload_2020-2-28_2-9-7.png
    This is a kid close to the Ihattaren class of players. This kid chose PSV over offers from ManUnited, Spurs and more. He did so as he expected to get more chances faster at PSV. He has been playing as substitue already first team minutes. His star is rising fast in the English national youth teams.
    Epl teams after his debut this window tried to lure him back but he refused.

These two are players hunted by the top clubs already.
    So it's not so easy to make your way in the first team with these two in front of you.
    It doesnot mean he's without a chance to play first team matches, but as with Madueke it will be "taste the flavour of first team play" kind of opportunities.

WheezingUSASupport and taylor repped this.
  17. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    1) he doesn't need to pass both of them to get first-team opportunities, one will suffice. Or even an injury.

2) if your confidence in the projection of 17 year old players was as strong as you imply, there would be literally hundreds of world-class players right now.

18. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I don’t watch enough PSV to say. Really just talking Ledezma’s game stylistically.

From the bits I’ve seen, he’s playing solidly as a central playmaker but someone more knowledgeable can probably chip in.

19. As you can read from my comments in here I like what Richie shows very much.
    He's got good vision for his attackers positions for sure and possesses a very good technique too.
    However I've got to comment on unrealistic expectations by showing facts.
    Some in here, or it was in linked twitter posts are thinking he's on the verge of getting into the first team as a regular. Given the guy on his spot at the moment, Ihattaren, that's a bit over optimistic. That's the guy Koeman several times visited to convince him to choose the Orange squad in order to prevent a loss like we had with Ziyech when negligence from Nat team coach Blind made him opt for Morocco.
    So he's competing with a player who's in top young players lists of magazines etc.
    (https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...int-summer-Mikel-Arteta-plots-revolution.html).
    The good thing about it is that Ihattaren is such an insane quality player it's difficult for PSV to keep him when the big money clubs offer a huge transfer sum.

20. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    I think you are mistaken on US fans' expectations here. Many have said that there is a good chance that his debut will come this spring. I haven't seen anyone who has implied that he will be a first team regular that soon (unless you are getting into the weeds of some twitter comments that I haven't seen).

21. Of course injuries supply playing time opps. That's not the issue. I commented on lofty expectations by some he's on the verge of breaking into the first team. As I documented that's overly optimistic.
    Richie has both to beat, but in reality he's competing with Madueke as replacement for Ihattaren. The good thing is that Madueke is both RW and AM. At the moment Madueke is used as a winger in both Young PSV and the first team. So in case Ihattaren is injured the most obvious choice atm., if non of the midfielders on the bench right now are preferred, would be Richie. But that's my pov.
    So will he see first team play? Most probably yes. Especially at PSV with a congested schedule to deal with.
    As a first team regular? No, as long as Ihattaren is there. Richie must make sure by performing he's the first option they think about as replacement of Ihattaren the moment it becomes clear he moves on.
    Many US posters talk down on the Eredivisie, let alone our second tier where Ledezmaplays with Young PSV. These myopic posters have no clue about the fact that (confirmed in Spanish papers interviews by Barcelona president and coach) European top clubs are watching the matches of our second tier. So Richie, dunno if he's aware of it, is being watched by top clubs while playing for Young PSV. When he shows his skills there and in the minutes he gets in the first team, he might even get an offer before being a regular PSV first team player.
    At PSG a Dutch kid, who was snapped up while not even being a regular at Young Ajax, made his debut start as a defender last week.

I'm not projecting 17 year old players as such. I'm pointing at these as confirmed world class players already. Ihattaren is the kind of player like de Ligt, who are world class at 17. I'm not talking about random 17 yo.

22. Yeah, must been one of them that were quoted here I guess.

23. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Whether it's reddit, twitter or whatever, we Americans like to hype our youth to insane levels. It's just something to get used to. I think most of us realize Ihattaren is a top prospect. Of course, he may not be at PSV that long if he's really that good.

People are just excited because it seems like Richie is putting it together, and specific competition aside, does seem like he's reaching a level where playing for the PSV regular team is reasonable.

russ repped this.
  24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Every week provides additional data points to judge progress, via training sessions and games.

Today, Jong PSV (16th) plays @ Cambuur (1st!).

On Sunday, PSV (4th) hosts Feyenoord (3rd).

On an ideal weekend, it would be nice to see Ledezma play the first 60' for Jong PSV and the last 10/20/30' for PSV, but this may not be the right moment - given the stakes and level of competition on Sunday.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. Yeah, and as I posted he's as a Young PSV player being seen anyway by top club scouts.