Richard “Richie” Ledezma at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    He played real well last match also. Still, we don‘t want folks to have to watch any MLS. That wouldn‘t be right!:D

2. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    #2102 dams, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    I'm trying to figure out how to watch him play tonight but they are not making it easy for me. Looks like it is free on AppleTV, no MLS pass needed. What is the deal with that though? I'm thinking Apple TV is another streaming service I'm going to need to anti up for?

I'll figure out what the deal is, but if it entails another subscription I'm not sure it's going to happen. I'll have to wait until they decide to put NYFC as a featured game on Fox, if they ever do.

I have You Tube TV and have decided on Paramount + and ESPN +. I have drawn the line there. Don't even get all the Prem. games now.

3. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Apple TV is a free app. You can download it and have access to anything Apple puts for free on that platform. You can download it on Roku or fire stick or whatever, as well as on phones and tablets.

Apple TV+ is a paid subscription service like Netflix. If you have that you can watch Apple’s movies and shows that they’ve made. You do not need Apple TV+ to watch any MLS game. You access Apple TV+ content through the Apple TV app.

MLS Season Pass is a separate subscription service. You need it to watch replays and many of the games. If you want to follow a specific team closely it’s probably necessary. You access MLS Season Pass content through the Apple TV app.

It’s all terribly confusing but I hope that helps.

gomichigan24, Pl@ymaker and dams repped this.
  4. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    ^^^^^

Thx, makes perfect sense now!!

5. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    He’s looked very good so far. The issue now (and I why I thought the loan might have fallen through earlier this year) is that NYCFC is overloaded with attacking midfield types. The coach has to figure out how to balance them all, especially since Richie’s loan does not have purchase option.

He hasn’t gone 90 minutes yet either which may be a sign he isn’t at full fitness.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I just listen on my short-wave radio, in the garage, while rebuilding the carb on my small-block chevy.

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like MLS pass but I have it. When I'm watching past games I have to cover part of my screen, so I don't see spoilers. They need to make it spoiler-free, for die hard fans like myself.

dark knight repped this.
  8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He's getting competitive PT. That's all that matters at this stage. His future professional destination can be assessed/commented on/Monday-morning-quarterbacked once this loan ends, but when the window opens and/or the MLS season ends European clubs who were interested in signing him will have a body of work against grown-ass men to asess.

At that point, the kinds of teams willing to roll the dice on him will tell us a lot about where he's at and where his ceiling could be.

tomásbernal and gomichigan24 repped this.
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the telegraph at my house and imagine what's happening by watching the feed.

10. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Ledezma got the start again but did not finish the 90 minutes.

Last 3 times he’s gone 90 minutes at any level:

10/24/22
    9/12/22
    11/20/20

While he gets up to 90 minute fitness, he fits the NYCFC style like a glove. Hyper technical, quick play. He worked well with Santi Rodriguez who played more like a 9 to accommodate him. He needs to work on his defensive positioning.

There was an interesting moment where Paxton Pomykal fouled an NYC player a little recklessly and Richie got in his face about it. Funny since they were YNT teammates

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pomykal had tried a long pass to a the forward (I think) and it wasn't quite on target. He was a man on a mission to make up for it and get it back was like a little tank on one of their defenders. Ledezma then started spitting fire about it. I love both of these actions from players on the fringe. Both going all out for their team. That's the kind of fire needed for national team players.

tomásbernal repped this.
  12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Transfermarkt has Ledezma at 850k and with PSV till summer 2025. He's got 5 apps, 2 consecutive starts for NY and 2 assists in his last two games. I wonder what kind of numbers he needs in MLS to move the needle on value or push PSV to sell. I just don't see much room for him in Eindhoven unless a few players move. He's due back winter of this year... Will be interesting to watch.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NYCFC midfield trio of Ledezma - Sands - Parks is quite good. Ironically, they’ve all had similar European experiences. NYCFC play some attractive football when it’s clicking. The Sands loan recall and loan signing of Ledezma were pretty shrewd moves and will pay huge dividends through the season for them.

14. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had already figured all of that out, but there's no way I could have explained it all as succinctly (and comprehensively) as you have. Kudos!

Thundering165 repped this.
  15. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez, mister fancy pants over here! I get mine by mail from a man on a mule. But he's been contracted to run the telegraph line as well, so soon enough I'll be as fancy as you are.

The Irish Rover, Winoman and Pegasus repped this.
  16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Luxury!!

17. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Any NYC watchers out there want to opine on RL's future midway-ish into this season. I saw him v. Union where he appears to play a bit of a false-9 or small forward who passes. He's had like 11 appearances, I guess. Has he done enough for anyone in MLS to try to keep him? Not sure he's got a future at PSV any longer. Other options?

19. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    He’s been very good in moments, and one of NYC’s better performers when he’s on. Fitness appears to be a bit of an issue still, he’s only gone 90 maybe once or twice?

NYC is doing quite poorly, but mostly because it’s a half baked roster with no strikers (why Richie is playing as a false 9) and a makeshift defense. Richie has played well. To secure him full time would probably be expensive, but maybe worthwhile especially if anything opens up at the end of the season.

He was included on the USMNT’s provisional gold cup roster, as were his midfield partners Parks and Sands. If all 3 were to be called up it would be a disaster for NYCFC

gomichigan24 and freisland repped this.
  20. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    One of NYC's better performers is damning with feigned praise...he's looked decent but he's no Maxi Morales.

freisland repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Midi Morales? Mini Morales? Median Morales?

Gorky and felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  22. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Richie, Sands, Parks.

Three players I have always liked but deep down know that they really aren‘t the types of players who should be good enough for the Nats.

nycfc919 repped this.
  23. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Parks and Richie are miles better on the ball than other MLS midfielders, so they’re fun to watch. Sands is just a solid all-rounder without any real offensive imagination.

I feel like we should be able to do better but Kellyn Acosta also keeps getting called up so apparently not.

Ray Shoesmith repped this.
  24. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Not to make this a Nats thing but I can‘t wait to move on from Acosta either. Need better this cycle in that spot.

Thundering165 repped this.
  25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then they need to get a coach that shares that view because while fans gripe about Acosta coaches keep picking him and how did LAFC do without him yesterday? He might not be fun to watch but he helps teams win. It would be good to find someone better because that means the team is then better but they have to take it from him.

Ray Shoesmith repped this.