Ricardo Sousa: may return to Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Briosa a frente, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Ricardo Sousa is prepared to leave Hannover 96. He is not happy sitting on the bench has not been able to crack the starting lineup.
    He says that he has some proposals from Portugal

2. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Would not suprise me that he would return to Beira Mar. Althought he would probably be a good fit for Academica Gil Vicente and Moreirense,

3. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Benfica is looking for a n10 :cool:

4. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    This is what happens when these players get cocky and start thinking only about $$$.

Did he really believe he was good enough to play regularly in the Bundesliga? Too bad, so sad.

5. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    I'd say his dad is going to get a job in January!

And Ricardo will be his nº1 pick.

One thing is sure...we won't go back to Beira-Mar! Mano Nunes quicked his father away...and I'm sure Ricardo won't go there and save Mano Nunes' ass from relegation!

6. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For starters: Beira-Mar isn't in relegation, contrary to what apparently seems to be popular belief.

Second: Ricardo Sousa isn't controlled by Antonio. And either way, neither Sousa has anything against Beira-Mar. The only issue is Antonio against Nunes, in which case the fans (myself included) believe firmly that Antonio was correct in the dispute, but life continues.

But regardless: I see Sousa back in Boavista more than anything. Unless Sporting or Benfica show interest, in which case Porto will be the big bad douchebag it is and buy him before they can and then loan him out, ALA Rossato.

7. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Anyone know what happened to him?

8. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    He moved to Dutch team De Graafschap in the January transfer window.

9. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Is he on the first team?

10. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I have no idea if he is starting or not....

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    correct in left Hannover in the winter, but very few news about Ricardo Sousa, was a mistake when he left Beira-Mar :)

12. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    This kid was a pretty huge prospect at one point!
    Didn't he score 14 goals for Beira Mar or Boavista one year? I'm not 100% positive, but I think he reached doubledigits in goals. Not bad for a #10 if he did. In any case, Porto's lookin for a backup for Diego, Benfica's lookin for someone to challenge Nuno Assis, Sporting might lose Viana, Boavista could always use more offense, as can Setubal or Guimaraes, etc.

The kid will be picked up fast.
    Ricardo f~cked up when he left Boavista. It was a decent club, still is, and he could of played his way onto a a bigger team just like Nuno Assis did. Now he's he got lots of catchin up to do.

Problem with the German league, is that there's no Portuguese influence there. In England and the EPL, there's some pretty powerful people who have connections to Portugal, so Portuguese players are handled with care and given ample opportunity. Look at Sir Bobby Robson with Newcastle, SAF and Queiroz with ManU, Mourinho at Chelsea, Erikkson for England's National team. Not to mention the agreements between ManU-Sporting, Arse-Benf (non-verbal), Chelsea-Porto.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I be surprise if Ricardo Sousa would make a top 3 team in the superliga

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    He is not good enough

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Bobby Robson no longer the coach
    at Newcastle, ex Benfica Souness his the new coach, and doing quiet well

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    his never going to accomplish what his daddy did for Beira-Mar, Porto, Sporting and the national team

17. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Well it wasn´t an easy task :) i think Antonio Sousa still holds the record for most games in the first division almost 500 i believe.

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Aveireneses I know your holding out hope (as am I) for Beira-Mar but they are dead-last in the classification. Sure a couple of wins will probably save them, but they've had all season and are quickly running out of games.