Ricardo Pepi at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Jun 27, 2021.

1. I think at PSV he will be back up striker for Luuk de Jong too.

freisland repped this.
  2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luuk De Jong isn't very good for a club of PSV's stature and he'll be 33. So that would change soon, even if Pepi didn't start from the very beginning, which he doesn't need to. He won't be on a loan.

It's a favorable situation, the type of which he should have taken 2 years ago coming out of MLS. But he was short-sighted about getting an early starting opportunity & FCD receiving the most $ up front.

3. The one thing that's a pity in the PSV situation is that the guy from whom he could really learn the ropes of a superstriker, Ruud van Nistelrooij, has thrown the towel last monday.

Dizi, LouisianaViking07/09 and Alemannia repped this.
  4. Dpends on your timeline. Gimenéz has already drawn the attention of several top clubs and how long he will be at Feyenoord is the big question, but the common opinion is that most likely he moves on after the next season.
    Danilo for instance has played every match of Feyenoord and given the schedule next season it's going to be a long season for the selection, combined with the intense style of play there's ample playing time to be had and add to that you get strikers coaching by van Persie.
    So, if up to the job, it's not a bad situation to land in.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    There are 0 fans because Groningen is terrible...

And because the fans they had are mental.

twoolley repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    If he goes to any of the top Ered clubs (or any top club) he's likely going in as a back-up striker, he's a toddler with one good Euro season under his boot - no one serious is gambling their entire goal scoring on him just yet. PSV (much as I hate to say it) is his best Ered destination as Luuk - as noted - is getting to his sell by/could break date. PSV have plenty of games between Ered, Euro and Cup, and even have a good Jong team if Pepi needs occasional fitness games for whatever reason. He'll have to earn his spot there - as he will anywhere he goes. The only downside is it's the lighbulbs and that's just sad, but RunDMB and Ledezma seem to have survived the wasteland that is Phillipstown, and Pepi surivived Groningen so anything is an upgrade.

rooted, Deeneaus and Zinkoff repped this.
  7. Actually it's more fun to live in Groningen, as it's a buzzing students city, while Eindhoven is swamped with high tech foreigners, who are far less fun.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I guess it depends on your definition of "fun."

freisland and FC Tallavana repped this.
  9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I’m with Suyuntuy on this one. I’m getting old I guess because none of those pics look like anything I’d be interested in (4th pic might interest me if my wife didn’t know my username on this site). My wife and I suggested Groningen for our daughter when she was deciding on colleges last year but she looked up the winter weather there and went to Tucson instead.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    it is useless to compare the relative taste of a turd sandwich.

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    The old timers on here are hilarious :laugh::ROFLMAO:

13. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I can still party. I just require a reserved seat, a nearby bathroom, and a couple days off work afterward. I’m going to the Power Trip festival in October. When I was buying the tickets I literally searched for a spot closer to the bathrooms than the stage.

Zinkoff, superdave, Magikfute and 13 others repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Seriously considered the Big Chief package at Jazz Fest this year, cause I wasn't sure I wanted to face those Andy Gumps in the rain for another year... but I soldiered on! If the kids can do it, so can I. (Plus, the price of those passes is bonkers.)

FC Tallavana and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  15. Haha, I'm 72, but pretend to be 27:p

16. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Everyone who still posts on a forum like BigSoccer is old.

This is a place for fossils.

Except for me.

Magikfute, CyphaPSU, WrmBrnr and 6 others repped this.
  17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I still use Gopher.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  18. Fabrizio Romano in his podcast claims Feyenoord is pushing, but PSV is in the running still.
    I honestly can't see a transfer to Feyenoord, unless the price to be payed is under 8 million€€.

freisland and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  19. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fabrizio Romano is now reporting that Feyenoord has made an offer for Pepi. Sounds like they’re aggressively pursuing him, knowing that others are also interested.

ChicagoVT, Zinkoff, gomichigan24 and 6 others repped this.
  20. PSV insider Ellfrink:

I doubt there will be results soon , as that opening bid most likely will make Augsburg throw it into the bin.
    Edit: could be play by agents to push PSV into action.

ChicagoVT, LouisianaViking07/09 and abw repped this.
  21. aeschylusdanceparty

NYRB
    United States
    Jun 3, 2021
    Nothing wrong with a first offer to see where everything is. I'm sure you are right with it being toss in the garbage, but don't ask, don't get.

22. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    I’d be happy with him landing at either Eredivisie club. Both will be playing CL games even though PSV would have to get through qualifying.

If either do happen and he’s top 3 in the league in goals next season then he may get sold again next summer. If not, 2-3yrs with either of these teams is great development.

gomichigan24, RossD and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. The nonsense they write on social media is baffling, but more so the people buying into the bullshit.
    Sites are writing Feyenoord is in a hurry, because more suitors are moving into the chase. If so, Augsburg will be the one not so keen to follow that as then they hope for a bidding war. It's from that pov pretty useless to move fast, unless you put in a bid that knocks all others away....which would mean 16 million.
    My guess is that's Feyenoord hasnot put an offer on the table at all.

aeschylusdanceparty repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dutch gonna Dutch!

It's interesting that most of the noise is from top Ered. If Augsburg really want to recoup, N'lands is not the place - unless you get a good sell-on, then a Top-4 Dutch side is probably a better salesman than Bayrisher farmers. Maybe Augsburg know they can't do as good a job getting Pepi $ as Feyenie/PSV and are willing to take it down the road... Otherwise, those clubs won't be the most lucrative offers.

adi21, Ray Shoesmith and twoolley repped this.