Ricardo Lavolpe amenazado??

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    México. El técnico de México, Ricardo Lavolpe, responsabilizó a Cuauhtémoc Blanco, excluido del equipo que participará en el Mundial de Alemania, de cualquier eventual agresión que pueda sufrir su familia a raíz de declaraciones del futbolista. “Si algo le pasa a mi familia hay un culpable”, respondió Lavolpe, a las declaraciones que dio el futbolista. “La gente no perdona y lo puede ir a buscar a su casa o meterse con su familia”, declaró Blanco.

http://www.laprensahn.com/deportes.php?t=1144994400

idk if this is true.. but if it is then.. damn

2. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    thats kind of stupid to blame blanco. He was dumb to say it, but he was right. If mexico doesnt do well in the WC, the blame lies soley on one person and everyone in mexico will be after Lavolpe. No on will disagree with that, right? I'd venture to say that more people are upset over the chiquis situation that the blanco snub. So why does he blame blanco for stating the obvious? Just another excuse to throw hate towards cuah.

3. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    You can't mess with "el idolo de tepito" and think that nothing is going to happen to you

4. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Of course you blame Blanco for saying it because he's giving this idea to everyone. He's almost suggesting that that's the right way to take care of things, find his house and hurt his family. He's saying people won't pardon the fact that he's been left off the squad, but they will think it's reasonable if Lavolpe's family ends up hurt. Unbelievable..........

5. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    he never once mentioned his being left off the squad. He never endorsed violent acts in anyway either. His comments were in regard to the teams performance at the world cup. Are you honestly saying that not once person would blame lavolpe for the NT failing at the WC? Do you really think that every fan of the NT is a rational person who would never resort to violence? Just watching a regular season FMF game you'll see that fans at CU, Azteca, and elsewhere arent the "friendly" types.

6. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Believe me I'm reading the same article......and even if he's referring to the teams performance at the world cup, he's only mentioning that because he not on the squad. I'm not saying every fan of the NT is a rational person, no where close, and I watch most of the FMF games. But I definately believe for Blanco to say this is stepping over the line. It's almost like he's giving them a reason to do it, and pardoning it himself.

7. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    If this had happen in the U.S., it would have been basically classified as a hate crime. At 33, Blanco is certainly a grown-up and should know damn well that to a family man like Lavolpe, this sure sounds and should be considered like a personal threat. DON'T be surprised if, as we speak, Blanco might be already under investigation by the authority.

WHy do I say this? BECAUSE, last night, Blanco called for another press conference to deny the accusations that he has threatened Lavolpe.

http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/060415/futbol/26futbol.asp

Now, there are 3 basic characteristics I wish to point out about this press conference:

1. The logo of America was behind him. (Please refer to Televisa Deportes' video)

2. Blanco retracted from every single allegation. Even used the word "juridicamente" (fearing court action) http://www.milenio.com/monterrey/laaficion/nota.asp?id=72661

3. Blanco was on the verge of tears:
    [​IMG]

What does all this mean?
    He was clearly ordered by America to shut up.
    Don't be surprised if this is his last season with America too.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I don't think it is right to hurt one physically but yes if Mexico doesn't succed in this world cup it was only because of La volpes idiotic pick list and taking his son in law you better believe something will happen to la volpe maybe not physically but mentally!

9. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Uh... like a vulcan mind melt? :D

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I'd suggest he goes and coaches a team in the mls or argentina

11. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Anyone who dosen't believe Blanco's statement was a threat is either naive or a bona fide moron.

Yes it was veiled, but the facade of merely being someone who was pointing out the obvious is not a strong one.

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow. bonehead drama. on both sides.

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    pretty stupid thing to say...and even more stupid when there are actually people dumb enough to follow his idol's idea..

14. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its clear Blanco meant it as a threat, or at least planting the idea into some heads. I don't like LaVolpe but I don't think that anyone would deserve that type of punishment.

15. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

You've used this arguement before, and I didnt say anything then, but its pretty clear you have no idea what actually constitutes a hate crime. I dont know where in the US you live, but in california this isnt even close to being a crime, much less one of hate. Words are only illegal when they incite a riot, and this stamtement by blanco wasnt that either. You could try to argue defamation, but thats a civil matter, so I have no idea why you keep trying to bring hate crimes into this. This is a spat between two imature adults, dont ever trivialize actual hate crimes by comparing them to this.

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I agree!!!

17. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    You people who say that what blanco said was a threat are either A) Ignorant or B) Anti-americanista

18. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LOL. we could say the same for the people that don't think its a threat, just take out the anti part in B)

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Does anyone remember what Aguirre said after beating Honduras. He took the time to thank Ojitos Meza and wished him the best of luck. He went on to say that Ojitos had to endure attacks and that his family was going through hell.

Blanco did not promote nor instigate violence. He stated a truth. Like it or not, Lavolpe does have a lot at stake.

Some even believe that he is playing his future in Mexico. Have you guys ever heard of the "Sindrome Roca"? After a p1ss poor performance at the WC, the press, the fans attacked Jose Anotnio Roca. I remember hearing something about his family not being able to go to the movies. Basically what the Roca Syndrome is that a coach that has a BAD career with the NT is stained for life both professionally and personally. Meza was the last person to have been diagnosed with that.

BUT what makes this more true with Lavolpe is that people know what has been done for Lavolpe to ensure "success". People know about the "famoso proceso". People know that there is a blatant case of amigismos on the NT.

-------------------------------------------

this p1sses me off because this is just another attempt to make Lavolpe into a victim. He has made a career being the "victim". Lavolpe instigates the fights, and then he is the victim?

This crap about giving the press a date, and after that date, no more criticisms are not allowed is a BUNCH OF BULLSHYT!!!

------------------------------------------------

20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Blanco is just a stupid moron making comments like that. Has nothing to do with making Lavolpe a victim or been anti-americanista. There are plenty of idiots thah will take that as an invitation to do harm if things don't go well in Germany.

It was a very irresponsible thing to say, weather his followers want to admit it or not.

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    How can that be an invitation when it has been done before?

Bringing up family may be a sensitive issue. But how can you NOT bring it up when you have Garcia on the national team, considering he has not performed all that well since 2002. Lavolpe left himself opens for attack and those attacks/criticism are right on. Lavolpe has contrdicted himself so many times that he does leave himself open for attacks. It does not help that he does not know how to keep his mouth shut.

but more to the point. many coaches, execs, players have commited monumental fck ups. Many of them have been blackballed so to speak and are not really welcomed anymore within the circle...whether it is right or wrong is not for you or me to decide... it is what it is...if it happens to Lavolpe.. so be it.

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hmmm....so because it's been done before it's ok to do it again?

i think you are the perfect example of why Blanco's comments are considrered so stupid...

23. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Blanco pretty much said,

Look, if people are angry about the performance at the world cup (because I'm not there) they'll go look for him and his family, and it's ok because this is the way things go.

In other words, this is acceptable because it's what happens.

It's not acceptable and he shouldn't have suggested that it was.

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    did Blanco say that? No.. so dont make shit up. If you need a translator... ask :rolleyes:

25. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    [​IMG]

This is getting old...
    So what if the poor jacka$$ ain't going?
    He's not needed.
    He's not wanted.
    He f***ed up with his comments.
    He was forced by his team to back off.
    "Ah, yes, like I'm gonna call you to the nat team now that you've threatened my family" the coach will probably say.
    Case closed.
    Happy belated Easter.