Ricardo Clark to Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by prowazekii, Dec 23, 2009.

1. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rico's loan is over and is back at Eintracht Frankfurt, who have been promoted back to the 1. Bundesliga since he left. Seltzer says at No Short Corners that he won't be at Einthracht Frankfurt for long.

He started 11 league games and picked up 5 yellow cards while on loan. Stabæk are currently bottom of the Norwegian Eliteserien with 7 points from 13 games.

2. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clark isn't with Frankfurt yet. He played for Stabaek today in the Europa League qualifier.

3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    The original reports state that Clark's loan lasts until July 31st. So he may be accurate on the fact that Frankfurt will move him quickly once he returns, but it isn't yet.

And actually, that's what Seltzer reported in his original report on the loan on MLSsoccer.com. So I'm not sure what happened.

4. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    I'm guessing he ends up back in MLS with his tail between his legs...Europe has not treated him well.

6. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure his bank account is larger though.
    Europe didn't work out for him, but its a fantastic experience to have in one's life I would think. A majority of soccer players in the US have a dream of playing in Europe, Clark is one of the few who actually made it happen. He didn't enjoy the success that he had in MLS, but he can say that he's experienced things that only a handful of American pro soccer players have seen. He can still return to MLS and command a solid salary (I would think in the $150k range).

7. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    I believe if Houston made Ricardo an offer before he signed for Eintracht, they retain his rights should he return to MLS instead of going into allocation, like Buddle and the Galaxy.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Pretty likely he ends up back in MLS. It's good like the above poster mentioned about him getting his dream to play abroad. Sucks about the injuries. He had a short but good run with Frankfurt before injuries got him.

9. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    If Cameron leaves, Houston will also have need.

10. PabloDebarge

PabloDebarge Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Great News for Houston and Clark! His game is well suited for the MLS and returning to the friendly environs of East Texas will help him re-establish his career quickly.

As far as his USMNT future, it would best be served if he could move to CB where his tenacity and quickness could be utilized. Granted, distribution from the back would not be his strong suit, but veteran depth in the player pool at CB is always welcome and he would be in a long line at CDM.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Or that his days are over.