News: Rhino player speaks out about leg injury.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CrimsonChin00, Aug 17, 2009.

1. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Faster

Faster New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    "I've never said this is my life, but I hope what goes around comes around."

F*ck him.

3. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hit him again! hit him again! harder! harder! my favorite barra chant ;)

4. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's not an unreasonably reaction. DiRaimondo could easily have called him. That would have been the gentlemanly thing to do.

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I must agree with that, I would want players on my team to conduct themselves so.

Maybe he called but the line was busy :)

6. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although you may not have been shown respect or treated the way you would like, it's not kosher to take that kind of attitude. I would have respect for him if he had been bigger about it. But I certainly understand his feelings about it.

I really don't think it was an unsafe or illegal tackle, still.

And I agree. The only reason I can think of not to do so is fear of litigation, which in today's world, we should all carry around with us. It's like when you have a car accident, commom advice is not to say you're sorry because it can be taken as an admission of fault or guilt. If there was some kind of legal reason for this, then I can understand that. A player with DiRaimondo's prospects doesn't need that finanical burden. But I don't know a lot about these sorts of things.

If not, then a phone call, at the least, would have been appropriate.

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    WAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There's no crying in MLS - be-atch

8. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry he got hurt, but it is really part of the game. It would be nice if he got a call from the player who injured him, but it would also have been nice if the injured player had not made those comments. No player should wish an injury apon another player, period.

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    An apology is definitely warranted. I think DiRaimondo is just a poor player and probably didn't mean to potentially ruin this guy's career but at the end of the day if you put a man in a cast for 6 months you should call and say your thoughts are with him. It's a pretty asshole move not to do extend that courtesy, in my opinion.

10. rand al'thor

rand al'thor New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    In the 4th dimension
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was a nasty tackle and totally illegal. i wonder if diraimondo would still be playing in the league if it was on one of the mls's money players like beckham or ching, instead of a usl player in the open cup.

11. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There was nothing wrong with the tackle. The problem was the guy's foot was stuck in the turf. I was right in line with it about 20 feet away. The ref and crew had time to talk it over. It wasn't even a foul.

12. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't learn anything from Layne Staley's early demise, did you?

13. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So the guy who ran a clean tackle on him should call him...

What about their goalie? Has he called Boyzzz?

15. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a weird game, two broken bones on plays that were not fouls, surrounded by about 85 minutes of two teams sucking. I think DiRaimando thought having Kasper call and find out how the guy was doing was sufficient, since the guy's ankle was broken before he slid into him.

I do agree that DiRa is not very good and is either gonna get hurt or hurt someone again before too long. In the game he played beore that one, he threw himself into a position where hwe was taken out by Jacobsen and had to be subbed, he has a knack for being in dangerous places just a little too late for his own good.

16. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, give the Seattle guy a break. I'm sure he had a much better view from 3000 miles away on his crappy feed, as opposed to the up-close view we had in the stadium, coupled with the discussion between two officials even closer in. :rolleyes:

17. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DiRaimondo should just show some class and call him. It's not about it being intentional or even a foul. It's about doing the right thing.

Having said that, to whine about it in public sounds like you're a puss. :eek:

18. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    100% agreement with all of this post.