Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was tempted yesterday to reply the exact same thing.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Like we all just gonna ignore that goal against Charlotte...

zanderbz repped this.
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Silly season and rumors but it looks like the exodus at Chelsea is happening.

abw and smokarz repped this.
  4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Funny thing is, a lot of these guys will probably flourish elsewhere and reach their potentials.

5. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish we’d get some news about teams interested in Pulisic. I’ve seen reports about Mount, Kovacic, Havertz, Gallagher, Loftus-Cheek, Colwill, and Chukwemeka (who apparently wants to stay), but nothing about Pulisic since the Juve reports (which Fabrizio Romano seemed to think were premature). Hopefully things will move forward for him soon.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Everybody knows he's going to try to stay in the Premier, so they're waiting for those offers to be public first to have an idea how much they need to offer.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Apparently Leao re-upped at Milan til 28 with a 150 mill release clause... so that MLB deal ain't happening. Poch is supposedly getting Ugarte any moment with terms agreed. And he also wants Calcedo. They get Lukaku back as well....

When the dust a clears, CP will still be standing there in befuddled blue... lol

8. TheEmptyBucket

United States
    Jul 15, 2020
    I just hope he picks the best situation and doesn’t let his pride get in the way. He needs to be honest and admit that his stock has fallen since the Chelsea move. I’d prefer an elite team outside of the top four, big fish smaller pond kind of scenario. But doesn’t seem that likely for a multitude of reasons

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    You know, that might be the MASTER PLAN.

Sell Mount, Ziyech, Kai, Odoi, and send Felix back to AM.

Who else is left to challenge Pulisic for the attacking spots? CP will be an automatic starter next season.

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Bartleby the winger.

11. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Yes, I’m sure Poch has been preparing to build the entire attack around CP after that sizzling one-goal season….

12. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What we do know is that Poch has yet to say anything publicly (recently) about Pulisic and CPs camp is not saying anything either. Other than that - just an awful lot of speculation going on amid silly season. He is healthy now and his skills are intact and he is only 24.

gomichigan24 and Winoman repped this.
  13. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Just took a quick look at his stats on Fbref. In all competitions, he played in 30 games for 1024 minutes, so 34 minutes per appearance. That makes him 20th in minutes played, just ahead of Auba and Ziyech (both played more minutes per appearance).

He ranked 6th in G+A-PK per 90. Auba ranked 2nd and Ziyech ranked 5th.

Havertz played 3249 minutes (2nd) but was 8th in G+A-PK per 90. He played 47 matches (1st); CP ranked 13th.

Stats don't mean everything but they provide an interesting glimpse into the season.

smokarz, Winoman and wsmaugham repped this.
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    If you're not Messi or CR7 in your prime, no one is building a team around you.

15. DisgustinJustin

Sep 26, 2013
    Maybe I’m not thinking clearly about this, but I don’t see how Pulisic can make any wage demands right now if he wants playing time. And Chelsea is also stuck and has to get rid of him cheap or he’s off on a free next summer.

This combination seems to open the door to almost anyone. If he wants to be greedy, he can play with the Chelsea reserves next season, but I can’t see that happening.

Where am I wrong?

usnroach, Noriega7 and russ repped this.
  16. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    It seems weird - almost surreal - to watch Chelsea Twitter get excited about shiny new players before they have unloaded any of the 30 shiny new players who they now consider bums.

largegarlic, Winoman and adi21 repped this.
  17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    i think the error is in the assumption that playing time four years away from the next WC is of paramount importance to him. Perhaps maximizing personal income in the present is of a greater importance to him and his team?

It looks to me like they have all the cards. CFC will lose him for zero dollars at the end of next season. They are almost forced to take any meaningful offer for him, from any team that can come to terms with him. If a team thinks his wage demands are too high they can simply deduct that difference from any offer they might have been inclined to make.

He is a proven CL level performer. He is a proven WC performer. He has had availability issues, but there haven't been any known soft tissue injuries in a bit, his last two injuries a result of collision, it is possible he has that behind him. He can play at the highest levels in the game when on song, and there just might be a team or two interested in taking a chance on getting a tune out of him.

Winoman and abw repped this.
  18. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    largegarlic and abw repped this.
  21. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Since we don't do polls, if we had to guess the month when CP completes a transfer, would it be June, July, or August?

I would guess July, so almost every news story now is just noise.

22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    At $20m he will be fine. I suspect he will go to Italy and do well. He was never the washed up has been that Chelsea fans imagine him to be.

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  23. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Maybe management wants to see him move and are encouraging him (via source leaks) to take a pay cut (because they want to get that 20M pounds or more for him).
    2. Recall that he has to agree to the wages - AND Chelsea needs to come to terms on the transfer fee. All along at 24 years of age and healthy and still with his skills intact - he has substantial value. He does not need to rush this. We may not like it but he does not need to.
    3. Call me skeptical but I could see Pulisic not going anywhere.
    4. I believe about 20% of what I read in the press anyways. I am just a spectator - but not worried in the least.

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Buyers for CP should just use his current wages as leverage to keep the transfer fee down. Really don't see why he should have to take any kind of pay cut unless it comes with an extension he finds attractive.

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    lmorin and bct81 repped this.