Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes. but in those 30 minutes - the rest of the EPL saw enough to quiver in fear and bow for mercy to Mudryk.

Not.

EPL defenders will learn and adjust .... Mudryk is now on the biggest stage .. and he will have a sophomore slump (bet on it - they all do as part of the experience) ... and we will learn once again that gravity exists and the manly game is the manly game.

wsmaugham and abw repped this.
  2. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Feels like Pulisic may see minutes in Europe once he’s back. Especially if Ziyech goes.

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Yup, he'll back in time to win another CL :)

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Interesting fact.

Rui Costa is the lead negotiator for Benfica on this deal for Enzo.

Rui Costa was a former teammate of Freddy Adu at Benfica. Yeah, they actually balled together.

aeschylusdanceparty repped this.
  5. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Throwing around money like a boss! Seriously, Chelsea are out of control.

They are a void of darkness.

Premier League is about as broken as Major League Baseball. I don’t even watch the Marlins anymore.

at least there’s a relegation battle to look forward too

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If he's healthy in time he'll play, of course. He may even get a couple of starts.

I'm not 100% convinced he'll leave Chelsea though. He's a handy rotation guy, and it's up to some wealthy EPL club that doesn't mind losing some money and that wants to make inroads in the US market (namely, Newcastle) to offer enough for Puli to move on.

Otherwise, I can see him settling for a decent offer from Chelsea to stick around as a rotation guy with a good salary (not as good as what he has now, of course) for a few more years. He's already "Premiership tested" and for the right price, I bet they keep him.

The shirt is going to be an issue though. It's never easy to give up the #10, it's a matter of pride.

7. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    If Ziyech moves to PSG, maybe that means that Chelsea is the problem, not the attackers up front?

8. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe giving it up will help him by reducing any pressure.

10. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Chelsea failed to get the paperwork done before the deadline on the Ziyech loan. It sounds like PSG and Ziyech are (understandably) really pissed off. It may have helped Pulisic too to have one less attacker to compete with. Oh well.

11. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Boehly: Oh sorry dude. I flaked.

12. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    The Ziyech situation sounds horrible. Apparently Ziyech even offered to help financially to make the deal happen. Now he's stranded in the PSG offices.

Imagine how Bigsoccer would react if this had been CP.

13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  14. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jorginho had 6 months left and wasn’t going to leave for free in the summer. Enzo isn’t a like for like with him but is a good option for the midfield going forward.

15. MayaDempsey

MayaDempsey Member+

Jul 29, 2014
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Chelsea has become a total clown show.

16. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I don't know why people want him to stay. Club is a mess top down, the fans hate him and berate him. And look how the club treats their players that aren't shiny new toys. Absolutely ridiculous.

17. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Ziyech, can't catch a break. Chelsea is appealing for the transfer to go through but not sure how much hope they have for that.

gomichigan24, freisland and mattjens repped this.
  18. RedBaron

RedBaron Member

Sep 9, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic will still get minutes regardless of who Chelsea has brought in. Shame of the situation though, is that he’s “just a guy” at Chelsea, whereas he could be a standout or star somewhere else. I understand the economics and prestige make it difficult to move or even contemplate moving, but his talents…even if compromised some from the series of injuries…merit the opportunity to shine somewhere else. He may never hit the heights of DeBruyne or Salah but their experiences in going to Wolfsburg and Roma respectively are really instructive here. He should get out of the EPL and find a team that plays consistent Champions League football where he’ll be looked upon to lead. Get the minutes he hasn’t been able to get at Chelsea; increase his goal scoring stats and re-establish the profile that made him a hot property in the first place. The talent is still there; he just has to find a better environment in which it can flourish.

19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Enzo just went for 121M and some people still say World Cup performance don't matter lol.

20. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    To be fair, Boehly is spending money wildly. Few of these moves seem to be very well-thought-out.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  21. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it may not be well thought out to first glance except:

1. these are young players who are rated highly
    2. CFC need to do something quickly to get back in the top 6 and this could provide Potter with the tools to do so ....
    3. if Boehly truly believes in Potter and wants a long term plan - you start with quality on the pitch and on the bench ....

if you want a long term progression of improvement - you start with younger quality to work with.

IIRC CFC have looked slow and lethargic in the final third ... will this change that?

Just a reminder - Pulisic is still a spring chicken.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  22. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    While I would love for this to be true, Pulisic has been balling for 6-7 years now at a high level, putting miles on the legs since 17, and been dealing with numerous injuries. While 24 is still young, spring chicken is not a metaphor that comes to mind. maybe a really decent Toyota with 100-120, 000 miles on it, that can still do a reliable job.

I hope he gets back soon, and with any minutes he gets, showcases himself well for a move in the summer. The talent is there and he can still do big things, just not at Chelsea anymore, imo.

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    If Z wanted this move (and it seems like he did) I sure hope the appeal is oked. I get there have to be rules, but when it's a paperwork or time zone screw up that could take a half year off a relatively short career... I mean, clubs get away with huge doses of money-laundering and other financial shenaningans with wrist slaps, you'd hope they'd help a player with limited playing years out...

24. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I used to get a very strong vibe from him that he wanted to be a featured player wherever he was. But I don’t get that anymore. I think he really likes London, and he really likes his teammates, and he gets paid gobs of money. He’s still a professional doing his best, but he doesn’t seem to have that burning desire to be The Man anymore.

MarioKempes repped this.
  25. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    It appears Chelsea didn't complete the paperwork for two, maybe three loans. Ziyech, Hutchinson, and another? It's almost laughable (not really) because they needed Ziyech to go out on loan so they can register new players for the UCL.