Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Yeah I figure as a part of the transfer requirement from pulisic camp: if you want me to leave now I need to continue to make X per year and then Chelsea and buying club need to make that happen. Can still be advantageous to Chelsea even if they have to contribute to his future salary.

2. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    What's the chances Pulisic ends up at Leeds this summer if they were to survive relegation which I believe they will.

The only negative I see about it is it might effect Aaronson playing time.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why would they buy Pulisic when they already have Bamford who is also made of glass ?

Method, Dizi, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    You're probably right, but than again, Pulisic is still arguably the best American attacker when healthy and he will must likely be available for cheap this Summer.

It might be best for him to get out of the Premiere League altogether but money may be a factor when making his decision on his next destination....and EPL Clubs like Leeds will probably be able to compete for his service against even the likes of AC Milan.

5. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very low

he wont be cheap either lol

DCU1984 repped this.
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    How would everyone rate his Chelsea career? He's not a flop right nor is he forgettable? I gotta figure it's been somewhat disappointing considering his potential especially during the restart in 2020.

aeschylusdanceparty repped this.
  7. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #62932 Noriega7, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Well, he will have 1 year left on his contract with 1 goal and 2 assist to his name for the year...and of course, the injury concern which will be a factor in his valuation.

I can't fathom a Club outside the EPL offering Chelsea more than 15M for Pulisic.

Barca, Real, Bayern not gonna buy Pulisic...even if they do, they will not go beyond 10m15m.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Who doesn't love a menagerie?

abecedarian repped this.
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    season aint over yet.....

good luck getting him for that

HScoach13 repped this.
  10. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #62935 Noriega7, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    hey, I hope you're right and he comes back from injury, scores a few more goals and is sold for 30M-40M this summer...That would actually be good news...but I somehow doubt this scenario will come to past based on the playing time that won't be available to him once he's fully fit.

Raheem Sterling is supposedly back training already...Zeyech is also set to remain at the club..and of course, Felix, Mudryk and the new attacker they just bought.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Pulisic is a fabulous talent but he’s more suited to La Liga where it’s not as physical

12. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He was hacked to hell and back by a Spanish club in the Champions League if I remember correctly.

13. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Word coming out from inside sources that Pulisic’s recovery is going quicker than expected. Which is great, except;

Chelsea is about to sign the Argentinian Enzo kid for a rumored 120 million (talks heating up again). If that goes through, then that is another talented attacker, on top of the 6-7 others, for CP to compete with.

I think we were right when we said we may only see Pulisic on the field in a Chelsea kit a couple more times, if that. I don’t see where any minutes will come from.

neems repped this.
  14. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    The team that fouled him 11 times was Porto.

15. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Real Madrid got called for six fouls against him in one match. And there were others that were not called. Porto took it to another level but I think it’s wishful thinking to believe he won’t get hacked in Spain at least as much as he does in England.

16. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enzo is not an attacker. I'd honestly love to see you post the number of times you expect to see him be one of the four most attacking players for Chelsea so we can all laugh at you.

kumuyc repped this.
  17. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    oh man, can you believe it, I was not 100% familiar with the players main position. Such a HUGE mistake. Yes, I’m sure everyone would roll on the floor laughing at my severe stupidity like you. I was trying to think of an appropriate response to your unnecessarily condescending post.
    I could point out that Chelsea are still drowning in attackers, and CP will likely not get minutes going forward - so my original Point stands, regardless of where Enzo plays on the pitch.

Or I could just save some time and say:

upload_2023-1-29_23-18-39.jpeg

18. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess being unfamiliar with a key player on the most recent World Cup winner while posting reactionary nonsense is just your thing. Cool. Noted.

If you wanted to do better I would happily rep your posts. Maybe try?

kumuyc repped this.
  19. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Ok, let’s see how much CP plays going forward for Chelsea. I’m sure you will admit your mistake on here if I’m right, you seem like a real stand up guy…

20. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #62945 derek750, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Are you randomly changing the subject? Weird how you want to talk about something completely different than "another talented attacker" all of a sudden. Just let it go. Take the L because you apparently didn't know what you were talking about.

21. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    You said I posted a “reactionary nonsense” post. How am I reactionary for speculating CP will have very limited minutes going forward? This is not an Enzo thread, and my original point still stands, regardless of his preferred position. Chelsea are stacked and getting more stacked.
    you seem so hung up on my initial Enzo confusion. Are you related to him?

22. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Who cares where Enzo plays now. Puli will be moved to rb so Enzo can play lw for Chelsea.

23. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been fighting heroically against an outgoing tide of consisting of Chelsea mismanagement and his own injuries. Given that context, I think he has done quite reasonably.

Moishe and HScoach13 repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Pulisic''s production per 90 (goals/assists) is too high to be called a flop, but his involvement (received passes/touches) is too low to call him a star.

He's been a good rotation player for Chelsea.

Problem is, he was not acquired to be just a good rotation guy. He was expected to become the central cog in the attack, the replacement for Hazard (hence the #10). Since the English press does not forget that, they consider him a flop.

25. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic really should have pushed his way out over the summer.

It’s not like his World Cup spot was in question.

He’s got way less leverage now to negotiate in his terms for pay, but on the bright side his valuation has come down and more top teams might take a look.