Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Giroud is the man. I still remember the Chelsea team with him and pulisic. Cp10 was best when he was there.

2. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CP=Griezman. We just don't have Mbappe or Giroud.

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Latest rumor is that Chelsea is in talks to acquire Sancho from United, but first they need to offload Puli, and they plan to do it as quickly as possible. January exit?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Utd-exit-route-January-swap-Christian-Pulisic

https://weallfollowunited.com/2022/...replacement-for-usmnt-star-christian-pulisic/

https://www.football365.com/news/tr...rocco-amrabat-spurs-arsenal-mudryk-martinelli

Etc. Many Tweets about it too. Some say it's a "swap" but that's unlikely. It's more likely that Chelsea is looking to offload Puli first to get JS.

4. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This makes no sense, Sancho isn't an upgrade over Pulisic or Sterling at this point.

smokarz and mattjens repped this.
  5. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sancho was dismal in his last year at Dortmund and hasn't offered much since. I'm a ManU fan and was strongly against the transfer to ManU.

Giroud is the best example of what could be for Chelsea with an attack-minded coach while being directed on the pitch by a thoughtful and imaginative central midfielder feeding the left, right and center. What a novel thought.

Winoman and mattjens repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The funny part is that some of the "swap" stories say that Chelsea will be offering Pulisic plus money for Sancho.

It's crazy, and even crazier that Chelsea fans are ok with it (minus the American Chelsea fans) while the United fans don't like the idea (once again, minus the American United fans).

Winoman and mattjens repped this.
  7. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its Chelsea.

mattjens and DCU1984 repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actually amazing watching Chelsea spin their wheels thinking the solution is more wingers instead of confronting the system which doesn't utilize wingers well.

RecLeague Super Sub and mattjens repped this.
  9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    If you want to rehab the image of your club in England you might think you can do it by loading up on England internationals. But you’d likely be wrong.

Edit: But getting rid of Pulisic may help with American soccer fans who feel the club is holding him back.

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Chelsea will be 100% French wingers by this time next year.

11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    That ought to help them win the World Cup next season.

12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #62137 jond, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    Say what you will about rumors but there is real ongoing smoke to Puli and Newcastle. Fit would be very good. Good shot at a UCL spot (even more than Chelsea IMO) and the fans legit seem to want him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...stle-transfer-news-christian-pulisic-28701981

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Be fun to see how CP integrates someplace else. NUFC is not super-exciting but you can't argue with that bank.

14. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    It is a fun place to see a match. Smart, loyal fans who seem to love creative types. I’d like to see him there.

UncagedGorilla and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Haven't been overly impressed with the over-all fan vibe, but I can't really think of too many ambitious EPL clubs where I have been. They do seem to appreciate an honest, skilled attacker, so CP might fit in well. But he's going to have to produce wherever he goes or his welcome will wear out. Don't really know enough about how they use their current players to have a good sense how effectively he'd slot in.

16. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Let's GO!!!

Tired of boring Chelsea soccer.

17. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be interesting to see how/if Pulisic could partner with Saint-Maximin

18. DisgustinJustin

Sep 26, 2013
    I’d be surprised if Pulisic really wants to live in Newcastle after London. He already proclaims to love London. Newcastle seems like a bit of a letdown, but maybe that doesn’t matter if he gets minutes.

The fact is he hasn’t been a regular starter at Dortmund or Chelsea. Certainly this is a level down, but are minutes automatic? I’m not banking on it.

19. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Looks like Broja is also out with a knee injury. What's up with Chelsea and knee injuries this season?

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I just don't see Newcastle keeping up their consistency and finishing 4th at the end of the season.
    None of the clubs in La Liga or Serie A don't wanna pick him up?
    He's ideal for expanding their influence stateside.

21. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #62146 Noriega7, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    Outside of Real Madrid and Bayern, most of the overseas clubs are either very careful with their spending or have financial issues.

Even Juventus is having some issue with them being investigated on financial ground.

CP can only move to them on a cheap fee and he would have to agree on a wage cut from his $150k a week

Take for example Ziyech...Milan is still interested but only on loan with an option to buy for only around 15M pound....

LouisianaViking07/09 and mattjens repped this.
  22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Transfermarkt lists Pulisic’s agent as “relatives.” That’s not good. I assume it is his dad who creates a large share of the inordinate number of rumors about him moving clubs. And if he is the breadwinner now for his family of origin, that is a conflict of interest. If he wants to get better and maximize his career performance I hope he finds full service expert representation. One who can provide the kind of data-driven evaluation of fit at suitor clubs. It’s not the dumpster fire that Hoppe’s “family friend” agent is, but it can’t be what’s best for CP in the long run.

mattjens repped this.
  23. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Agreed. Dad as your agent is a huge mistake

mattjens and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I wish my dad messed up my career at the financial level CP's dad has screwed up his...

25. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    His dad helped him got him to BVB, lived with him for a year to get him comfortable. How about that?

y-lee-coyote, Moishe and Eliezar repped this.