Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I just want him to get a damn move away from Stamford Bridge. To Juventus he goes *crosses fingers*

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    The thread name could be interesting…

Fair Play: Pulisic Hooks Up With McKennie’s Old Lady at Juventus

3. Kevino

Kevino Member

United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Raphinha appears to not want to go to Chelsea. It's really not a wise move for an attacker to move to Chelsea as Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Lukaku, Giroud, Abraham, Ziyech and just about any attacker not named Mount have struggled in Tuchel's system. All of those players can be world class in different teams.

4. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA

zanderbz, Pl@ymaker and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  5. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raphinha definitely wants Barcelona over Chelsea. It's just a matter of whether Barcelona can get their financial house in order in time to make it happen.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's the silly season: consider all rumors, believe in none.

russ and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    ESPN just did a piece about rumor of Pulisic to Juve in swap deal.

Surprised there is no conversation here.

I’m fine with that move.

I can see it happening as well- not silly convo. Makes sense for both sides and there is pressure on Chelsea to get some top central defenders in.

8. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silly season on steroids.

I don't believe any of it till I see a player in the next jersey and with the gaining club formally announcing a deal has been signed.

What do we know?

1. Lukaku was unhappy and is now loaned out,
    2. Rudiger is gone.
    3. Christensen is gone.
    4. Pulisic met with the board and the new owner.
    5. Saul is returned back from loan

Everything else is largely click bait for goldfish.

: - )

Suyuntuy repped this.
  9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN is late to the game.

Prob got it from this thread.

russ, Eighteen Alpha and Gacm32 repped this.
  10. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Finally someone has the brains to see Tuchel is death of attacking football and the players that man the front line

russ and dspence2311 repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Don't be koi.

bct81 and zanderbz repped this.
  12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Now you're just doing it for the halibut.

russ, bct81, freisland and 1 other person repped this.
  13. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I hope that Christian gets to a place where he is playing a lot at a high competitive level -- kind of surprising that an American owner is strategizing on how to marginalize Pulisic on the team. Not that that should be his first priority, but still interesting.

Sterling as an upgrade to Pulisic --- I can see that today, not sure how that will play over time. And even so -- with the planned additions (as others have noted) thre will be quite a bevy of attacking wing players at Chelsea....

14. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #56314 Noriega7, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    I dont think The American owners have a choice but to sell Pulisic if the manager is telling them he's nothing more than a fringe player here.

Pulisic cost and makes too much money to simply be a squad player so, with 2 years left on his deal, they had to make a decision on him....sign an extension or be sold...or be used in a make-weight deal.

As I stated before, the new board will not allow any players who were previously bough for a lot of money to run down their contract and leave on a free..

Since Pulisic rightfully wouldnt sign an extension to be a fringe player aChelsea, Boehly had no choice but to shop him around and buy players Tuchel actually want.

The fact that Tuchel is out there trying to sign 2 new attackers with no attackers yet to depart says a lot.

I do hope Pulisic gets out of there since the manager dont value him and the offense doesnt fit him but I'm not sure Juventus is the best place for him as for getting a lot of playing time...I would have rather a Club like West Ham or NewCastle.

LouisianaViking07/09 and kgbman repped this.
  15. kgbman

kgbman Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Agree with the majority here but curious why playing time might be scarce at Juve - they have Vhalovic, but otherwise isn’t Chiesa out until 2023 and then the rest are either on their way out (Dybala), question marks (Morata, Kean) and then unproven. Seems like a great opportunity to stay in a CL squad with domestic title aspirations versus going to a West Ham or Newcastle (which I can’t imagine ever happening anyway)

Deeneaus and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  16. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder if Pulisic would flounder by staying at the Bridge?

Suyuntuy repped this.
  17. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the proof Boehly has marginalized him is?

usnroach repped this.
  18. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lots of speculation there -

1. You are assuming he is a fringe player .... guess you and Craig Burley think alike. (Yes I think Burley is a second rate commentator at best).
    2. Ziyech may be gone - Lukaku is - we don’t know yet what is going to happen with Werner.
    3. For all we know retooling is Sterling, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic and Raphina to rotate among the slots.
    4. Yes Pulisic wants to play and start but just like last year with all the competitions they play they need a deep bench - you need rotation and you have to assume one of the attackers is always going to have some injury going on to recover from.
    5. Yes I have my doubts and criticism about Tuchel but I have never heard him say or imply Pulisic is fringe.

just like Suyuntuy said - this is silly season.

we just don’t know.

EruditeHobo, adi21 and Vorian Atreides repped this.
  19. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    If he stays his dad should clam up or the English media will have his head on a pike.
    This whole thing is just plain fishy

russ, bct81, zanderbz and 2 others repped this.
  20. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Maybe I should have said Tuchel...but to quote someone else...

The owner shouldn't tell the coach who to play - and Pulisic shouldn't have been the reason that he bought Chelsea. BUT - if your first move as owner is to approve the pursuit of two players who would push Pulisic further off the pitch, then I'd say Pulisic is being marginalized. Is Boehly doing that or is he just allowing it to happen?

Noriega7 repped this.
  21. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Well, Pulisic wasnt satisfied with his last year playing time, so there you go..The player himself doesnt want to be 5th attacker on the depth chart..it doesnt matter what you nor I think..

Nor does Pulisic wants to be spot-up starter in case of injuries or super sub..He does have ambitions which is good for the face of American Football.

He may well stay at Chelsea but any player with ambition should leave, even if it means taking a step down to regroup and get good playing time.

22. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #56322 Noriega7, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    I think Boehly would love to keep Pulisic for at least 1 year since I suspect he's not totally sold on Tuchel himself as a manager..

but Boehly doesnt want to be seen by the fanbase to not go after players Tuchel wants just so that Pulisic, an American, can get maximum playing time.

So he's stuck in having to back Tuchel for the time being and Tuchel wants 2 new attackers that would push Pulisic further down the pecking order.

So it's really Tuchel who is marginalizing Pulisic...

russ repped this.
  23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Chelsea is applying that old bureaucratic principle: if 5 forwards score 5 goals in 5 games, then 10 forwards will score 10 goals in 5 games, right? Right?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Just sign for Juventus already!

Mt Stone@ and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Not for those suggested clubs.