Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh oh now he has deleted some Instagram posts!!

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    And the change coincided with Chelsea no longer being holders of that trophy.

3. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diaz was also neutralized by this Madrid side. So will Chelsea fans be more appreciative that Pulisic even had chances for the goal when they were matched up?

4. Mt Stone@

Mt Stone@ Member

Apr 30, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nope... they wont

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Liverpool could have use CP on the left forward spot today.

Hint hint Klop ;)

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    He could have been of use to Madrid as he’s better than Fede.

Even he’s in a platoon with Diaz and Jota, with an aging Salah he’d absolutely get minutes and shots to excel with Liverpool, and get enough matches to stay fit.

Would love for ‘Pool to take him as a part of their platoon.

Same with Man Utd to go with Sancho and Rashford

smokarz repped this.
  7. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Unless one of Mane or Salah leaves this summer which is very probable, Liverpool wouldnt be a good landing spot for Pulisic.

But their football style would fit Pulisic very well.

Wouldnt be surprised if Liverpool makes an enquiry just to annoy Chelsea who wouldnt sell under what they paid for CP to a rival....and Liverpool wouldnt buy CP for nowhere close to 50M pound...Maybe half that..25M pound

gomichigan24 repped this.
  8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Seriously?

they bought Diogo Jota for 50M after he scored 7 goals for Wolves in about 2400 minutes.

You’re saying he’s not better than that?

adi21 repped this.
  9. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #55734 Noriega7, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Re-edited my post...I.thought u said Jota had scored 7 goal for Liverpool this term
    ...instead of 7 goals for Wolves before Liverpool still paid 50M to buy him

That's great business for Wolves and Liverpool got 15 goals out of Jota which justified the cost....but I somehow doubt they'd still pay Chelsea 50M for Pulisic..

But I'd like to see it, if Salah or Mane were to leave

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Mostly, I think you’re underrating Pulisic (that’s criticism from but please don’t take it too harshly). He’s an elite talent, and I thing given the right set up would put up really good numbers

11. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    From Liverpool perspective, I honestly dont think they should pay 50M for Pulisic unless they're confident his bust of pace will return.

russ repped this.
  12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thirty-five years ago when there was no web or social media and the Internet was mainly shared between research centers, universities and the military, you could use a simple command ($ finger) to find out all the personal information of someone whose username and domain you had (through e-mail, through chat, through Usenet).

So you found real name, phone, office, building, and a project or plan file telling you what they were doing --after all, the overwhelming majority were academics.

Even back then it wasn't uncommon for someone to call you to your office and tell you you were a piece of shit and that they were coming to kick your ass. So it's not just the current social media.

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What!! Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid are NOT going to be buying Christian Pulisic!!

matabala repped this.
  14. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all sounding like Pulisic should go play for Everton.

appoo repped this.
  15. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Let's hope Chelsea doesnt still value him at the same price tag they bough him 2 years ago and make him available for a cut price of maybe 25M.

Pulisic high price tag was based on potential by being young...Over the past 3 years, it is fair to say he didn't meet expectation, granted, some of that were based on injuries and Tuchel refusal to give him consistent playing time.

So his true price value should be maybe around 25M-35M since he's 3 years older now and may have lost his best asset which was his pace

16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good grief! He is NOT going to be bought by Manchester City, he is NOT going to be bought by Liverpool, Juventus, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid! But more than that what makes you think Chelsea are going to sell him in the first place!?

stanger repped this.
  17. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well

The reason I’d like Liverpool for Pulisic is that Klopp was the one who signed him as a youth player at Dortmund and has always been a believer in his talent. And Klopp as a coach would get the best out of Pulisic.

18. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it’s more Pulisic might want out and if Chelsea is going to unload some of their attackers this summer, whether Pulisic or someone else. I think they’d listen to offers for Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, and Lukaku.

There’s going to be a lot of turnover at Chelsea this summer. Rüdiger and Christensen are gone and Alonso and Azpilicueta aren’t far behind. And with both having one year left on their contract, Kante and Jorginho are potential departures too.

comoesa repped this.
  19. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the consensus seemed to be that Vinicius was better than Alexander-Arnold and that plus Courtois was the difference in the match.

Minuted 22 Diaz got sandwich and hammered in a tackle and he was not the same the rest of the match. I thought he was going to be the difference maker up till that point.

20. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #55745 bct81, May 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
    just being practical .... I have to agree with you. Just not logical that they would offload him .... they paid ~ 50M pounds for him ... he is worth less than that now ... he is healthy again and he is productive (with the exception of some finishing) .... I still think they get more money if they offload Lukaku, Werner, and Ziyech while having CP as a super sub. As an investment he is like a tech stock beaten down that you hold on to when inflation recedes .... why sell it at a loss with the potential for a big gain over the next few years? Just trying to separate the emotion from the business situation of bringing on and offloading talent (resources) that has a certain current financial value to the business. Unless CP is just not motivated to stay and fight and improve .... and has been blunt in that way with Boehly and Tuchel.

21. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes the super sub business makes my skin crawl. Pulisic can be a starter on a top 4 club in in a top 5 somewhere if he stays healthy.

22. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Well, we now fully know CP and his people aren't happy with his current playing time at Chelsea..

Every publication I've seen over the past week seems to suggest he's strongly considering a move away...His father hinted at it on his twitter.

Now, that still doesnt mean Chelsea will sell but we know the player may prefer a move away if he's not promised more consistent minute for next term.

23. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    There's rumors that Salah may leave too...If so, it would make sense for Klopp to make a request for CP but I still doubt Chelsea would want to sell him there unless they get the full 50M.

24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Of clubs that have been mentioned in the relatively recent past, I would prefer PSG. Beating the hell out of everyone week after week in the league is good for the soul. PSG's biggest hurdle is the CL and Pulisic brings it in that competition. I think he would make them a deeper, more dangerous club.

25. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that PSG normally plays Neymar or Mbappe at Pulisic’s position.

That and they are a bit of a mess in terms of having no real structure or tactical plan. Along with a having a team where not everyone is required to play defense.