Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Have you actually looked at his Instagram? It's full of Chelsea photos. This is BS that started with someone saying he removed Chelsea from his bio. He never had Chelsea in his IG bio. Then it morphed into he's revived all references to Chelsea. The only thing he did was change his profile pic from him holding CL trophy to him not in Chelsea gear.

3. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    This is going to be a long summer.

4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    My bad. Got suckered. Don’t even have IG.

DCU1984 repped this.
  5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was only responding to another poster, my point about Pulisic is based on my first hand knowledge of being an actual English, match day attending Chelsea supporter, if anybody knows the truth on English Chelsea supporters attitude towards Pulisic (and American players in general) then I suggest unlike posters on here I AM the horses mouth.

stanger repped this.
  6. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't speak or represent ALL Chelsea fandom just because you claim to be the horses a**hole

7. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Yeah, the question of whether Chelsea fandom are harder on Pulisic than English players is not settled by one fan's opinion. Even if every one of the 60K in the stadium and the fans you hang out with felt as you do, that's a fraction of the Chelsea fan base.

8. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Its also not settled by the anecdotes of posters here who are extremely sensitive to any criticism of any YA. It gets seriously delusional sometimes.

usnroach, stanger, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    It's only delusional if it's wrong, and as you seem to acknowledge, we cannot prove that one way or the other here. One of us offered evidence of multiples fans' opinions; that doesn't prove anything, but it is the only evidence offered on this thread.

10. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are not talking about people who actually attend and watch matches to be clear.
    We're referring to numpties who watch pirated highlights and barf all over the Internet.
    Honestly,given the number of US based clicks that any criticism of Pulisic generates.we need to consider that some of the anti Puli takes ate actually bots.

11. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    1 ) REMINDER: The stories about Pulisic removing Chelsea from his bio are misleading clickbait. Do not fall for it. Of course, half the Chelsea brigade on twitter has fallen for it, and are using it as another opportunity to bash him. Oh well. I am over the twitter opinions, but it is sometimes relevant to the conversation at hand.

2) I am thankful to have people on here that I disagree with, and sometimes I learn from them. It is nice to have a match-going Chelsea fan on this board, so I hope we can all try to avoid jingoistic insults based on nationality - although, I think we can all agree the harmless jibe here and there is fine (i.e No taxation without representation!).
    And I am not calling anyone out in particular, just thought I saw an earlier post or two that was questionable.

12. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    If you stick around long enough, you see pretty much every local fan driven off by extremely sensitive YA fans. It basically never ends well because one is generally fair and many of the others are extremely sensitive.

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #55713 Crawleybus, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    I don't 'claim' anything, I'm telling you as a MATCH DAY attending fan that all this "English fans have a problem with Pulisic because he's American" is absolute bollox! So there it is, make of that what you will.

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You have to remember that a vast majority of those won't even be Chelsea fans, if you really want to know who in the UK is getting most of the 'flack' at Chelsea right now look no further than Lukaku! Even then the 'flack' is coming mostly from 'non' Chelsea fans - and there IS a valid reason why too, and it hasn't got anything to do with the fact he's Belgian.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Transfermarkt has him at 25 goals, 19 assists in 115 matches for the club. Not too shabby considering he's been injured a bunch, played out of position at times. 19 goal in the Premier League have him third behind Dempsey at 57 and McBride at 36.

Whether he stays or goes, he needs to really put it together to show he's worth all the HYPE we've given him for years. Needs to deliver at the WC too.

16. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    What's the valid reason?

17. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Dude. It was a joke post.

I guess the Brit’s also lead in self doubt.

majspike, adi21 and ebbro repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Just saw on myspace that Christian has dropped the Ch from his name. Don't know what it means, but he's calling himself Ristian and his eyes aren't blue anymore. Make of it what you will.

abw, butters59, mace and 7 others repped this.
  19. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    What kind of tripe is this? "Tired of facing a greater burden of proof..." poor Christian and his millions in salary are feeling badly done by. Forgive me if I don't feel his pain.

20. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One person’s tripe is another person’s treasure.
    You don’t want to cry tears for Pulisic - then don’t. Nothing in the post you quoted asked anyone in this forum to “feel Pulisic’s pain”.

adi21 and FC Tallavana repped this.
  21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rview-DISRESPECTFUL-says-Trevor-Sinclair.html

The guy isn't the brightest firework in the box, add to that the fact that out of all the players Lukaku has under performed by far the most:-

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ju...unwanted-record-in-palace-clash-1645305035000

One of those touches was the kick off! Yet STILL you will find his name chanted at Stamford Bridge! Werner has also had a terribly disappointing season and STILL the fans will chant his name (at least with Werner (unlike Lukaku) you get the fealing that Werner is putting in some effort). Nobody at Stamford Bridge had a particularly good season with the exception of Reece James.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And somewhere Mendy weeps.

23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Most successful field player in US history at the club level? Seventh on the US all time goals list at age 23? Champions League winner? Led the US back to the World Cup after carrying the US as an 18-19 year-old last time in qualifying while most everyone else was bad? Leading the charge for young American players to challenge themselves in Europe after the Donovan/Bradley/Dempsey generation all went back to MLS earlier than necessary for various reasons?

I'm cool with his resume relative to the hype. Hope he can peak higher than this, as does he, I'm quite sure.

gomichigan24, Zinkoff, laxcoach and 7 others repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Just another offal post in a fat line of posts that refuse to get to the heart of the matter.

25. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Just get to the entrails of the matter!

freisland repped this.